New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Matt_Black

A mast from the past!

... Poop deck.

Actually, if you ever read Bruce Campbell's autobiography, there was a bit from McHale's Navy with him & French Stewart that was cut because they needed more screen time of Tom Arnold. Anyway, it's called "Who's On Deck?" and it's basically an Abbott & Costello routine with nautical terms.

"Did you hook up the Bending Shackle to her Breast Line?"
"I tried sir, believe me!"
"I'm assuming you tightened up the Ram Tensioner..."
"Well, sure, a guy's gotta pace himself....."

HauntedMansionFLA

I accepted weeks ago that I am out of luck for 9/11.
We'll stay for the Tree Awakens, and then we'll spend the rest of the evening at Disney Springs.

I also swapped our Boma ressie (had a whole AK themed day going there) for Frontera Cocina.

For us, there's always next year.
I plan being in DAK on a Thursday night in December. I welcome the park to empty out. I will hold out hope for the show. I guess they shouldn't have gotten fancy with the GPS floats. It probably could have had the floats move around on underwater rail system - kind of old school but those are proven winners.

TTA94

Any idea why they are not offering the dining package and only FPs for Jungle Book on Sept 5th? I know it's highly unlikely RoL will be opening that day from the way it's sounding so that can't be the reason.

Rteetz

Any idea why they are not offering the dining package and only FPs for Jungle Book on Sept 5th? I know it's highly unlikely RoL will be opening that day from the way it's sounding so that can't be the reason.
Probably because it's not selling as well as they hoped. I think you might be reading too much into these dates.

TTA94

Probably because it's not selling as well as they hoped. I think you might be reading too much into these dates.

It was just strange to me why Labor Day wasn't available but all the days prior were for dining, that is all. I can't see yet if FPs go beyond the 5th... maybe they do?

Disneykings

I'm confused :banghead: Was Rivers of Light just for the summer months? We are planning our end October trip and hoped to see this. I have a Tuskers booking for 17:30 but only booked it with the hope of eventually swapping it to dining package to get FP. Plus we liked the idea of being in the park after dark. Is it worth changing our plans before its to late to book elsewhere. Not a huge fan of Tuskers, would prefer Rainforest really. Will the tree of life still be lit up? Sorry only been to AK once before. Thanks

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm confused :banghead: Was Rivers of Light just for the summer months? We are planning our end October trip and hoped to see this. I have a Tuskers booking for 17:30 but only booked it with the hope of eventually swapping it to dining package to get FP. Plus we liked the idea of being in the park after dark. Is it worth changing our plans before its to late to book elsewhere. Not a huge fan of Tuskers, would prefer Rainforest really. Will the tree of life still be lit up? Sorry only been to AK once before. Thanks

Rivers of light has not opened yet. It was supposed to open in April but due to technical problems it did not. It was temporarily replaced but a hastily thrown together Jungle Book show which has not gotten good reviews. It is unclear if the Jungle Book show will continue into September. There is no official word on when Rivers of Light will open.

Disneykings

Rivers of light has not opened yet. It was supposed to open in April but due to technical problems it did not. It was temporarily replaced but a hastily thrown together Jungle Book show which has not gotten good reviews. It is unclear if the Jungle Book show will continue into September. There is no official word on when Rivers of Light will open.

Thank you so much danlb_2000, that makes it a lot clearer.

Clamman73

Rumor: Rivers of Light is not opening this year at all.
image.jpeg

Yensid71

Believe me no one wants to see this show up and running more than Disney. And if there were any updates they would be out there and say it.

Sometimes people just don't know what they don't know. And sometimes things are not always what they seem. Has anyone ever thought to consider that this might not be entirely Disney's fault? After all there are many other players involved with this show other than Disney.

jrhwdw

Lets chill out before this gets out of control. Last I checked the target was september if that changes I'll update but I have yet to hear from anyone saying rol isn't opening till next year.
I see your point, however people don't need to start wild rumors and make us more frustrated than we already are. Some word from Disney would be nice Even JB ending for good September 5th would sound good. Unless DAK needs JB in their back pocket until ROL'S opening night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom