New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

drew81

Even if the parking lot is at capacity all of those guests won't be able to see the show.

I do wonder when guests will start camping out for seats.

Mike S

Yep, I always forget this is a "Disney Fan" site. Temper the enthusiasm, and find something to complain about. ;)
Not really directed at you but I wanted to put this out there. Being a true fan of something means you care enough to criticize where you believe it's due. For a perfect example look up the fan reaction to the Metroid game Nintendo is releasing this year. It's not pretty.

Blindly accepting any and everything and putting down criticisms makes you a sheep.

doctornick

Not really directed at you but I wanted to put this out there. Being a true fan of something means you care enough to criticize where you believe it's due. For a perfect example look up the fan reaction to the Metroid game Nintendo is releasing this year. It's not pretty.

Blindly accepting any and everything and putting down criticisms makes you a sheep.

Perhaps, but it kinds crosses the line beyond that when one criticizes Disney preemptively for something they haven't even done.

Mike S

Perhaps, but it kinds crosses the line beyond that when one criticizes Disney preemptively for something they haven't even done.
We do have insiders here that have pretty reliable info. We don't really have to wait for official word from Disney (see: Frostrom)

Either way getting back to the topic at hand I'm one of the ones on board with RoL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They've a lot to prove now sadly. Expectations are not as high as they used to be. I wouldn't call it pessimistic. More like realistic.

Not to mention quite a lot of times the finished results are known before opening.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

So all it took for Bob Iger to get everyone of his back was to do a reimagining of the 'Colour of Lights' show over in California and transport it here.

That's all it took to forget that he hasn't produced a single e-ticket attraction in a decade of his tenure, cut backs to employers, cut back to every aspect of the parks, because of his ineptitude at the helm of DISNEY. That's all it took, ONE CHEAP LIGHT SHOW.

All other threads, the doom and gloom, the loss of peoples jobs all forgiven because he transports the 'Colour of Lights' show over.

Utterly ridiculous.

The two shows are very different. Look at some of the videos the Disney Parks blog has put out recently. Rivers of Light is closer to a puppet show on boats. RoL uses temporary fountains and barges / boats. World of Colour has a purpose built fountain system built under the lake.

I would agree that Disney hasn't done much for the last few years, but they to some extent didn't need to, they did bring in a huge back of house infrastructure project though and build a new Fantasyland area. Now in construction we have an E and a D ticket in Avatar land. Plus Star Wars coming soon. But when you have to most visited theme parks in the world, you don't need to keep building to bring poeple in, they come anyway.

Mike S

The two shows are very different. Look at some of the videos the Disney Parks blog has put out recently. Rivers of Light is closer to a puppet show on boats. RoL uses temporary fountains and barges / boats. World of Colour has a purpose built fountain system built under the lake.

I would agree that Disney hasn't done much for the last few years, but they to some extent didn't need to, they did bring in a huge back of house infrastructure project though and build a new Fantasyland area. Now in construction we have an E and a D ticket in Avatar land. Plus Star Wars coming soon. But when you have to most visited theme parks in the world, you don't need to keep building to bring poeple in, they come anyway.
They may not need to build to make people come but they do need to build to increase capacity enough to hold all the people that are coming. In a way that's what lead to MM+.

space42

Even if the parking lot is at capacity all of those guests won't be able to see the show.

I do wonder when guests will start camping out for seats.

I also wonder if the seating area will be fp only? Given the limiting seating , I wouldn't be surprised.

TTA94

Someone on the blog asked if there will be any previews or openings before the 22nd, and they responded with they have no info on anything happening before the 22nd.
I personally think that's crazy for them not to have any previews prior to. Way to much demand on the 22nd.

Last edited:

Bolt

Someone on the blog asked if there will be any previews or openings before the 22nd, and they responded with they have no info on anything happening before the 22nd.
I personally think that's crazy for them not to have any previews prior to. Way to much demand on the 22nd.
I doubt they'd advertise previews. Announced soft opening dates are essentially just a new opening date.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
5000 seats per show. There will be some areas you can view from outside, but the best view is from the theater.

I believe (for comparison sake) that World of Color at DCA seats 4,000 and Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios seats 7,900 (though has standing room for an additional 3,000). Fantasmic runs two shows during the busier times of year for a combined capacity of 15,800. I believe there were rumors of three showings of ROL which would give that show a similar nightly capacity to Fantasmic.

Bolt

I believe (for comparison sake) that World of Color at DCA seats 4,000 and Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios seats 7,900 (though has standing room for an additional 3,000). Fantasmic runs two shows during the busier times of year for a combined capacity of 15,800. I believe there were rumors of three showings of ROL which would give that show a similar nightly capacity to Fantasmic.
Fant! capacity is always overestimated.

doctornick

They've a lot to prove now sadly. Expectations are not as high as they used to be. I wouldn't call it pessimistic. More like realistic.

Not to mention quite a lot of times the finished results are known before opening.

Understood, but I was actually thinking more about the criticism of Disney potentially adding IP to RoL in the future due to the potential for guest complaints. There's no indication that either (1) RoL won't be well received by the typical guest or (2) that Disney has any plans to add IP to the show. So, it struck me as a particular cynical and nonsensical complaint.

Jon81uk

Technically World of Colour doesn't seat anyone, the viewing areas are standing only. ;-)

I also thought the standing room at the DHS Fantastmic had been replaced with more bleachers?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom