New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

wdizneew

Much like how the light globes change colors to denote the World of Color viewing areas, I fear that they will use the colored light poles in DAK to mark the areas. Guests will either be assigned to the brown section (by Everest) or the green section (by Nemo), which will make it easy for them to find their respective viewing area. Given the difficulties they'll have with crowd flow before and after the shows (at the far end of a narrow loop with no alternate routes), it seems like they're trying to idiot-proof it as much as possible

I really hope I'm wrong, but it sure seems to follow the type of logic that Disney has used before.

I'm sure they have thought it out. Look at Fantasmic and World of Color at Disneyland, they basically shoehorned two viewing areas into cramped spaces. But, I will say that I feel like the viewing area of WoC could've been a thought out a bit better. Anyway, RoL will be the real test for them considering WDW gets way more guests than Disneyland.

I am thinking they will have standby guests wait in Asia while the exiting guests will funnel out south past Dinoland and into Discovery Island....or vice versa. They will definitely have to create lines that denote which section you will be sitting at. I don't want to imagine the mayhem that will happen on these narrow pathways.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 136

MrHappy

Are there going to be multiple shows per night? Otherwise, why would they build something so (potentially) magnificent with such a low viewing capacity. I always thought there was a lack of seating as I followed your photo/posts, but I assumed there was SRO/viewing areas for everyone else.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Are there going to be multiple shows per night? Otherwise, why would they build something so (potentially) magnificent with such a low viewing capacity. I always thought there was a lack of seating as I followed your photo/posts, but I assumed there was SRO/viewing areas for everyone else.
Yes there will be multiple shows per night.

MrHappy

Yes there will be multiple shows per night.
Okay, great. I assume they'll start the showings during twilight hours particularly during the longer days....as I'm sure having the first show start at 9 when it gets dark in June would not behoove several shows thereafter. (I'm just selfishly trying to plan my experience - i have 5:15 ADRs at Sanaa, was hoping to catch ROL around 7ish with the kids in May.)

ToTBellHop

Okay, great. I assume they'll start the showings during twilight hours particularly during the longer days....as I'm sure having the first show start at 9 when it gets dark in June would not behoove several shows thereafter. (I'm just selfishly trying to plan my experience - i have 5:15 ADRs at Sanaa, was hoping to catch ROL around 7ish with the kids in May.)
Probably two shows nightly like Fantasmic does. If necessary, I'm sure they could do 9, 10, and 11 in June. Quick turnaround but if the demand is there, no reason they couldn't. Fantasmic! sometimes runs 3 shows.

RoL will certainly not run at 7 in May. Maybe in January. It's not dark til 9 in May.

BrianLo

Much like how the light globes change colors to denote the World of Color viewing areas, I fear that they will use the colored light poles in DAK to mark the areas. Guests will either be assigned to the brown section (by Everest) or the green section (by Nemo), which will make it easy for them to find their respective viewing area. Given the difficulties they'll have with crowd flow before and after the shows (at the far end of a narrow loop with no alternate routes), it seems like they're trying to idiot-proof it as much as possible

I really hope I'm wrong, but it sure seems to follow the type of logic that Disney has used before.

Absolutely. I don't mind the different colour, I just can't imagine that's "it". Especially since the Everest side blends in so well, has clearly retractable poles, etc.

In a park that remains the lone stand out for integrity and with a lead that clearly has a flare for it (Harambe and FOTLK proves that still to be the case) - I'm nearly sure there is one more step to make it look appropriate.

Whether that's aging the poles, covering them in vines, plant life or whatever knick-nacks Joe Rohde has in mind.

It's not life-ending awful, but shiny teal perfect-condition metal poles is not Rohde's style.

TTA94

When i get home i will link it here.

Edit: About 50 secs, I think the music might be for the rumored ToL projection show (Separate show)
Then when Rhode mentions RoL it starts.

Oh that video... Hmm funny I never noticed that music in the background. Is that really part of the soundtrack?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Oh that video... Hmm funny I never noticed that music in the background. Is that really part of the soundtrack?
I would think of it as concept music? Seems a little up beat for the type of story they are trying to tell. The music should be recorded by now (hopefully).
With the progress they have made with in the past week, programming should start within a week or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom