Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

iMax

Temporary until the 50th celebration. There's talk that since it is so well received, they may just tweak HEA and not do a whole new show for the 50th.

Also, because HEA was so well received, WDW felt that they can wait until the 50th for the brand new electric night parade rather than rush and scramble for one.

I much rather get a very well developed night parade than a rushed one.

MouseBrayden

The Project Spark and Project Kappa timeline I broke a couple months back has just been confirmed by Bob Chapek himself so I wanted to elaborate.

Project Spark (now officially titled "Epcot Forever") is going to be a deep dive into the history and meaning of Epcot with upgraded pyrotechnics and new show effects.

Project Kappa had a piece of art at the event, showing Moana on the World Showcase Lagoon. Kappa will be loaded with intellectual properties, hence my excitement for the interim show, Project Spark, and lack of interest in what's to follow.

aladdin2007

The Project Spark and Project Kappa timeline I broke a couple months back has just been confirmed by Bob Chapek himself so I wanted to elaborate.

Project Spark (now officially titled "Epcot Forever") is going to be a deep dive into the history and meaning of Epcot with upgraded pyrotechnics and new show effects.

Project Kappa had a piece of art at the event, showing Moana on the World Showcase Lagoon. Kappa will be loaded with intellectual properties, hence my excitement for the interim show, Project Spark, and lack of interest in what's to follow.

Moana on the lagoon, great, just what Epcot needs. :banghead: but thanks for the details/info. For spark all the way.

SweetDuffy101

So....Basically you just repeated what Chapek said in the event...go figure.

Notes from Neverland

Interesting that the official description doesn't mention drones specifically. "Massive floating set pieces" could refer to floating in the air, but I think they'd come out and say drones if drones were going to be involved.

Kman101

Moana on the lagoon, great, just what Epcot needs. :banghead: but thanks for the details/info. For spark all the way.

But we're celebrating Disney music and how it's culturally relevant. Dontcha know? I mean, it's more family friendly, classic, timeless Disney :banghead:

It does sound like they may have tried to come up with the best way to include IP. It's just sad they think they have to rely so much on pushing it down our throats.

And wouldn't Epcot Forever make for a better anniversary show in 2022? But what do I know?

Is there a plan now to update the fireworks shows every five years or so? Or are we likely stuck celebrating Disney music (which we kinda already do at you know, Magic Kingdom AND Hollywood Studios, just not the same presentation, so to speak)?

When's Rivers of IP debuting? :rolleyes:

MouseBrayden

Interesting that the official description doesn't mention drones specifically. "Massive floating set pieces" could refer to floating in the air, but I think they'd come out and say drones if drones were going to be involved.

That fountain in the outdated Epcot Overhaul art by the Port of Entry will be capable of moving out into the middle of the lagoon for Project Kappa. I believe that's the set piece they're referring to.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The drone technology is part of the plans, but it is a bleeding edge technology right now. I would say it is wise for them to hold off talking about these until it's ready. They dont want a repeat of Rivers of Light.

trainplane3

Concept art from the Disney Blog:
wdwe234823049820349343fi.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom