Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

TTA94

They had their own MSEP

And hopefully they will have their own third! Unless they end up taking DLs PTN in 2021, which wouldn’t surprise me especially if that would be a cheaper route for them to take, and given it would be WDW 50th TDA may actually let WDW have it, maybe not willingly, but we are talking a couple years out still so who knows what that time will bring.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
FYI the work appears to have started on the electrical upgrades the land to the west of Japan has been cleared and the islands have appear to be being prepped. Japan is the closest land point to the islands.

2A0B145B-AC96-4020-81C9-0ECE73B36082.jpeg
74F94AD8-0484-4350-947C-36604D466663.jpeg
2A0B145B-AC96-4020-81C9-0ECE73B36082.jpeg
74F94AD8-0484-4350-947C-36604D466663.jpeg
EB2AB8F6-B670-4D38-A8C0-6E4909C9094C.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

danlb_2000

Premium Member

aladdin2007

trying to understand where exactly the land clearing is on? Are they using a portion of the expansion pad between Japan and Morrocco? or is this on the American Adventure side?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The land being cleared next to Japan is for Japan's new restaurant.
The land clearing at Japan might be for the new restaurant.

It’s a very small clearing area probably only about 500 square feet. Just enough to get a single large excavator in. That’s the only reason I thought it was for the electrical upgrades.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
@danlb_2000 There was a notice for work on the Mexico boat dock area. Do we think this is related to the new show or just general dock refurbishment?

Was just looking for this thread to post about this. The contractor and 2026 expiration date are consistent with the other permits that are related to the new show, so I would say this one is also.

9/11/2018 - Epcot - Balfour Beatty Construction Llc
Showcase Boat Dock East, 1678 Avenue of the Stars #C - Team to bring additional power and data to the existing Epoct Mexico Dock

lentesta

Premium Member
Was just looking for this thread to post about this. The contractor and 2026 expiration date are consistent with the other permits that are related to the new show, so I would say this one is also.

Showcase Boat Dock East, 1678 Avenue of the Stars #C - Team to bring additional power and data to the existing Epoct Mexico Dock

The 2026 completion date is just to hide the actual construction schedule, right? They can put almost anything they want there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The 2026 completion date is just to hide the actual construction schedule, right? They can put almost anything they want there.

The date on the Notice of Commencement is when work must be complete and the contractor paid. On a project this size I would assume payment and schedule have been worked out in a contract with the contractor, so yes, they could put on any date they want. With the date being so unreasonably far in the future it's very possible it is being done to hide the schedule.

briangaw

I think I remember seeing that there is a show control station on that dock or at least a show director spot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom