Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

The Empress Lilly

If they are going to have a interim show at Epcot it would have been nice to have a interim parade at MK. But I get that they must not see the need for a interim parade unlike replacing Illuminations. Had MK not kept Wishes or if HEA lost it’s popularity then things would probably be different.

As for DHS, some may strongly disagree, but I feel they should nix Fantasmic. If not then it needs serious updates.
I love F!, but would be fine with a replacement.

To some rides and shows I develop an irreplaceable attachment, to others not, even if I do like them. There seems to be no inner logic to which ones, no common aspect except receptiveness to some mind reading machine in the bowels of the TDO Sith Temple that reads which ones I love so they can destroy them to torment me. Energy, GMR, Shark Reef. Illuminations.

jrhwdw

So regardless if they want to or not, they will be forced to return a nighttime parade at MK in 2021?
MK should be forced to get a night parade ASAP! I can't believe the public is letting MK slip to the 50th! I believe this week marks 2 years to the MSEP to DL Announcement and there's has been NO Replacement! Not even FOF in the evening!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
MK should be forced to get a night parade ASAP! I can't believe the public is letting MK slip to the 50th! I believe this week marks 2 years to the MSEP to DL Announcement and there's has been NO Replacement! Not even FOF in the evening!
When attendance consistently drops in the MK late afternoon, something will happen. Unlike Epcot (even during F&W) that’s not happening.

Even so, they’ll never be “forced”.

jrhwdw

When attendance consistently drops in the MK late afternoon, something will happen. Unlike Epcot (even during F&W) that’s not happening.

How does MK measure that? There's always Mass exits after FOF, during storms.

Lucky

Maybe it’s deliberate, to even out the crowds more across the four parks?

jrhwdw

Forgive me if we've gone though this already but, was there a drop in attendance from Oct 2016-Jan2017 with no MSEP and a watered down OUAT from TDL still fresh in people's minds that got MK to open HEA in May 2017? HEA was announced in Feb 2017 I believe.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Forgive me if we've gone though this already but, was there a drop in attendance from Oct 2016-Jan2017 with no MSEP and a watered down OUAT from TDL still fresh in people's minds that got MK to open HEA in May 2017? HEA was announced in Feb 2017 I believe.
HEA primarily came from a desire to update Wishes and extra cash from the fund that was allocated for a new night parade.

They basically pooled both budgets into the fireworks show.

Kman101

Technically though it’s up to date. It still pulls crowds. It’s had IP updates to feel fresh. Regularly fills to capacity or near. On paper there’s nothing wrong with it.

Oh I know. It's more of a 'want' than a 'need', but they're updating the rest of the shows. Fantasmic surely can't maintain it's 1998 look. It hasn't really had the updates I'd like to see (Pocahontas should not still be the focus in the middle portion. EDIT: But I don't love the Pirates addition at DL. There's a lot that could be done with that time they spend on the Pocahontas segment).

I know you're just telling me how they view it but they have the wrong view point.

Considering they have an updated Fantasmic! in Disneyland surely they can't keep the fossil of ours? My take is they want similar experiences in the parks.

I guess if guests keep eating up 20 year old shows, why should they change them? I know "why" they won't. I just don't like the why. But I "get it". It's not a priority to them, and to be fair, they have a LOT of things they need to address. Fantasmic! is just more of a hope/want than I know is a reality at the moment. I don't expect anything soon. But they can't leave it forever.

Last edited:

Kevin_W

HEA primarily came from a desire to update Wishes and extra cash from the fund that was allocated for a new night parade.

They basically pooled both budgets into the fireworks show.

While HEA is my favorite nightime show ever (actually edging out RoE in my personal list), I'm disappointed to hear that came at the expense of a nighttime parade.

ToTBellHop

Oh I know. It's more of a 'want' than a 'need', but they're updating the rest of the shows. Fantasmic surely can't maintain it's 1998 look. It hasn't really had the updates I'd like to see (Pocahontas should not still be canoing).

I know you're just telling me how they view it but they have the wrong view point.

Considering they have an updated Fantasmic! in Disneyland surely they can't keep the fossil of ours? My take is they want similar experiences in the parks.

I guess if guests keep eating up 20 year old shows, why should they change them? I know "why" they won't. I just don't like the why. But I "get it". It's not a priority to them, and to be fair, they have a LOT of things they need to address. Fantasmic! is just more of a hope/want than I know is a reality at the moment. I don't expect anything soon. But they can't leave it forever.
I would adjust your commentary slightly to “Pocahontas should not still be.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

An overall drop in attendance happened in 2016. But it was small and MK was already at peak, which meant that a 1% drop was barely noticeable.

But since 2017, attendance has continued to climb again.

As much as one may love a night time parade... the nightly fireworks show far surpasses it in popularity with the crowds. Especially HEA. An insider has said that the general feedback has been so positive that there was no longer a 'need' to rush a new night time parade. People are leaving happy, not muttering about a lack of night time parade.

Kman101

While HEA is my favorite nightime show ever (actually edging out RoE in my personal list), I'm disappointed to hear that came at the expense of a nighttime parade.

It's not really news. Sure no reason they couldn't have both but we know how they spend money so I'm personally more than OK with a full out HEA than a watered down Wishes replacement and a PTN clone (not saying that was the plan but we don't get 100% experiences when budgets are tight, despite how costly things are). For once I think they made the right call based on what they were given.

But it shouldn't cost so much for HEA so we have to sacrifice a night parade. So that's a problem.

Kman101

Just curious, have the Bob's ever even seen Fantasmic! at DHS? Can we get them a dining package and a front row seat please? I'm one who thinks ours gets unfairly knocked a bit, but it's time for a show update. A true show update. I don't mean a new character, or a new projection. A full update to the show. Or a replacement. It's been 20 years. It's time to plus it visually or move on. But again, I get it's not a priority to them and I'm not saying it should be like, tomorrow, but in the next 5 years? It really needs to be on the list. JMO.

If they're updating the parks and spending money on replacing dated entertainment, F!'s time has to be coming.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh I know. It's more of a 'want' than a 'need', but they're updating the rest of the shows. Fantasmic surely can't maintain it's 1998 look. It hasn't really had the updates I'd like to see (Pocahontas should not still be the focus in the middle portion. EDIT: But I don't love the Pirates addition at DL. There's a lot that could be done with that time they spend on the Pocahontas segment)..
Swapping Pocho for Pirates has been considered. At this time it’s not happening but Just so you know there are people who don’t want to leave it in '98.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom