• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I will really miss the 30 minute preshow music heard everywhere in World Showcase. It always pumped me up.
If I never hear what sounds like Popcorn* played on a pan flute again in my life... I could live with that. In fact, I'd pay to have that happen.

mikejs78

Premium Member
We've only been inform that Ip's will be used somehow in the show, but that could be simply be having Characters on a screen for 10 seconds. Hoping for the new show to have a spectacular original soundtrack as great as the current one.
Just as long as it isn't like HEA or the Illuminations 25A soundtrack.

lee.moles.disney

I’m fine with the IP based show. Walt died before Epcot was even originally built so we can’t really harper on with the ‘it isn’t what Walt originally envisioned for the park’as we are way past that. So instead it trying to chase what me ‘may’ have wanted, let’s just embrace it as a proper Disney Park that actually keeps interested and not a ‘drinking around the world’ experience for grown ups

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’m fine with the IP based show. Walt died before Epcot was even originally built so we can’t really harper on with the ‘it isn’t what Walt originally envisioned for the park’as we are way past that. So instead it trying to chase what me ‘may’ have wanted, let’s just embrace it as a proper Disney Park that actually keeps interested and not a ‘drinking around the world’ experience for grown ups
Well, since Walt never envisioned Epcot as a park, but rather as a city.. But still, I don't think most here want it to be "what Walt envisioned" necessarily, but they want it to be in the spirit of what it once was. And that's not to say that it has to be the exact same as it once was - but just to capture that spirit again.

Derrit

I think they should just stay true to the Park's dedication and plaque that's right at the entrance gates. That also goes for ALL of the WDW parks. Epcot's dedication:

"To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship, welcome.
Epcot Center is inspired by Walt Disney's goals. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, the wonders of enterprise, and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all.
May Epcot Center entertain, inform and inspire. And, above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere." - Epcot's Dedication, Oct 24, 1982

If they can manage to put an IP based material into Epcot and hold intergery with the dedication, than I'm fine with it. So far all the IP's have, with Frozen and Guardians of the Galaxy on the edge of the line/gray area.

Last edited:

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
I thought projection mapping was all the rage nowadays ?
If we are lucky, they will turn Norway into Elsa’s Ice Palace while blue fireworks explode to 4 minutes of “Let it Go”. Then do the same with Mexico using “Remember Me” and close out the show turning Spaceship Earth into the Death Star while “Imperial March” plays.

trainplane3

If we are lucky, they will turn Norway into Elsa’s Ice Palace while blue fireworks explode to 4 minutes of “Let it Go”. Then do the same with Mexico using “Remember Me” and close out the show turning Spaceship Earth into the Death Star while “Imperial March” plays.
That's obviously a joke, but reading that while listening to sections of the score from Horizons makes it so much more depressing. Knowing they can make some incredible, original music (not based off a movie) but might go with the easy cash-in of playing everyones "favorite animated movie scores of 20XX" straight up hurts.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
I noticed this weekend some of the lights on the speaker poles on the bridge between France and UK have been converted to LED fixtures instead of the ones that have the colored plastic over the light (sorry I don't know the official name lol). Is there a correlation between this change and the new show? Perhaps the promenade will be integrated into show like the MK hub is during HEA.
It may just be part of the property wide move to go LED as opposed to the old parcan lights but I’m sure it’ll all be DMX’d for future use too. At least I’d hope so!

USofA scott

IP based show at EPCOT. The horrors, the horrors.
Actually, Suprise in the Sky was a character driven (or actually character piloted) show that featured giant character inflatables, and music from classic disney films and TV right on World Showcase Lagoon

Spash007

My daughter recently became enamored with Mulan (thanks Netflix) and the other day during the Be a Man sequence, I couldn't help but imagine it as part of the new show. While I am all for the non-IP Epcot, if done well and not just done by randomly inserting the most popular IPs, I think this could be done well - keep the story and theme of Illuminations, but through IPs that highlight different countries and potentially the future.

That said, I love the soundtrack of Illuminations, and am really depressed that I'm assuming they'll get rid of it in lieu of music soundbites from movies.

Top Bottom