New News and Rumors

ImagineerFan04

Original Poster
I was looking through screamscape and saw a lot of news and rumors for wdw.Here are some of my favorite but check them all out at scream scape

The latest update to this rumor claims that while early construction work may begin on the Sub Lagoon in the next year, it won’t be for a new theater, or even the Aladdin show. It seems this area could be used for another attraction in about 3-4 years.
(6/6/03) The odd rumor of the day comes from a trusted source who says that the park is planning to drain the old 20K Sub Lagoon to start the first phase of construction on a new show amphitheater. My gut instinct is to think this might be the rumored WDW’s version of the Aladdin show, but does anyone else have any ideas?

First rumored for the Studios, only to fly off to the Magic Kingdom and now back to the Studios once again. We’ve heard that we can expect to see Beauty & The Beast end it’s run sometime in the next year to make way for a Florida version of the DCA Broadway style Aladdin show.
:cry: :cry: ::(

The latest rumor kicking around claims that some old plans to finally expand Typhoon Lagoon may have been approved for 2005. I’m not sure how big or small this expansion may be right now, but we have a description of perhaps the most exciting new attraction to be added to the the park, and it sounds quite a bit like it will use the NBGS Master Blaster technology of shooting riders around in tubes with jets of water. Anyone know more?

this is only 3 so chec them all out at screamscape.com

WDWspider

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Oh geeze....

Screamscape??:lookaroun :lookaroun

:rolleyes:

Um... don't people realize that rumors are just that and that Screamscape is a play on Dreamscape, therefore it is more of an Entertainment and What if type site. Besides, every once in a while they hit dead on. I love the site and always look forward to the next What If? :)

WDWspider

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
I most certainly do too... But always with a grain of salt. :D :) :) :)

Well Nim, I think some people just take the site too serious. However, the Aladdin in the 20,000 Lagoon is pretty far out there. :lol:

Mikejakester

First rumored for the Studios, only to fly off to the Magic Kingdom and now back to the Studios once again. We’ve heard that we can expect to see Beauty & The Beast end it’s run sometime in the next year to make way for a Florida version of the DCA Broadway style Aladdin show.

The odd rumor of the day comes from a trusted source who says that the park is planning to drain the old 20K Sub Lagoon to start the first phase of construction on a new show amphitheater. My gut instinct is to think this might be the rumored WDW’s version of the Aladdin show, but does anyone else have any ideas?

I'll belive one or the other, but not both.
2 new attraction of aladin it's highly unlikely don't you think?

I'll tilt more to the Studios Version than an aphitheather in the lagoon since there is a new theme of aladin is allready up down near pirates of the caribbean.
The studios version is more likely to happen.

niteobsrvr

Boy this is going to get real complicated quickly. In 2001 Imagineering and Operations were looking at Moving the service access road to the MK tunnel system. It currently runs right behind the 20,000 leagues lagoon and show building and then turns to head out toward the maintenance area.

Of course moving this road to a more straight in path which is what they were looking at would require that the fireworks launching area possibly be relocated as it would be in the general path of the new road. Taking this into consideration, it makes sense that a new fireworks show would need to be developed that would place the launching in a different place. Another reason to redo the show and move the launching is safety related. Every night during the fireworks the road behind the magic Kingdom has to be shut down. Not just the service road but also the main road around the park in that area. It would remain closed until the show was over and the debris was swept up.

okay , after all that speculation, one may wonder what ride is coming. Well to be honest I haven't a clue. One runor that was spreading at the time was a coaster type attraction that would need not only the 20,000 leagues are but some of the service road behind it as well as land behind ToonTown. No one really knows though.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've got some info coming out on this in the next day or so, and it isnt what we are wanting for teh 20k area, at least in the short term.

orlpassholder

Originally posted by wdwmagic
I've got some info coming out on this in the next day or so, and it isnt what we are wanting for teh 20k area, at least in the short term.

tune in same bat time same bat channel :animwink:

dxwwf3

Anything's better than what's there now :lol:

MKCustodial

So they were actually right on something?

*goes off to review his beliefs*

:lol:

Mikejakester

Hey since you guys are talking about the lagoon i thought this pics would be nice to have a visual aspect of the maintainance area around the back .
[/pic1]

[/pic2]

For some reason the Thumbnail does not work
but just click on the link and you'll be able to see the picture.
They both show the back of the 20,000 leagues lagoon.

Is the launch site of the fireworks visible from this pics?

Shaman

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Anything's better than what's there now :lol:

I smell either some sort of character greet, better than what they have now...or some sort of playground for kids...I don't see them putting anymore attractions in MK for a long time...because its the most popular Disney park. It would be nice to see a traditional family attraction (NOT A KIDDIE RIDE) with the use of all the modern technology...they can do it...but I doubt it will be in the near future. Then again the could suprise me....just my opinion. :hammer:

SirNim

Originally posted by objr
It would be nice to see a traditional family attraction (NOT A KIDDIE RIDE) with the use of all the modern technology...they can do it...but I doubt it will be in the near future. Then again the could suprise me....just my opinion. :hammer:
Opinion shared...:)

Mikejakester

All I know is that there is a hell of alot of space back there to fit something really big. That is if they finally take down that lagoon.
They better not come with something crapee.
:brick:

Sir Hiss527

I don't know where these people get there sources from, but it looks like they don't know what there talking about. I think that Aladdin rumor is bull, unless there gonna open up a wateride soon. I don't see Disney adding a ride to the MK for a while.I'll see there right now is a stupid "Meet & Greet". j/k

Coasterbp

Why do you think that it won't be a ride? Do you know how long it has been since the Magic Kingdom has gotten a real new ride? The two newest rides to the Kingdom were Pooh, and Buzz....Hardly anything mindblowing, or daring. The last E Ticket to go to the Kingdom was Splash Mountain folks...That's 1992.... Yes, 1992...as in 11 years ago, 1992

LivefortheMouse

well though Disney showes r beautiful if ur going to make an anphitheater please make sure its air conditioned like the little mermaid thats my favorite show u feel like if ur actually under the sea. If its not gonna be a show like that they might as well make it a ride.

devilred

if anything they would im just saying if they ever create an Aladian Show it should go to MgM. I heard a rumor somewhere they are going to build a "Power Chute" water slide in typhoon lagoon. I think this rumor ison another discussion board. If they are going to fill in the 20K lagoon they should put in two Fantasyland rides from Disneyland. Maybe bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and there should be enough room to add another ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom