New News and Rumors

Mikejakester

Like I said.

I don't think they would make another Aladdin Thing in MK, Cuz their last update was something from Aladin near the Pirates of the caribbean. Magic Carpet Ride or something like that...

I belive more the rumor of canceling the Beaty and the Beast Show in the studio and replacing it with a broadway Aladin kind of thing.

All I know is that if magic Kindom is ever going to do an Eticket Ride, I think it would be in the seven seas lagoon area...
That area is so big is not even FUNNY! :brick:
I think you could fit 2 splash mountains side to side there.
one to the north and one to the south.

But I don't think that would happen any time soon...
It all depends on it's average attendance,. and I think MK attendance is doing just fine.

I think Epcot, THe Studios and Animal Kindom will get more attention on busting up attendance with new stuff.

can I ask something
How can I post pics in here?
I remeber there was a atachment button here before but now there isin't any...

how is it that some ppl can attach fotos here?

danesporty

I would really hate to see the Beauty and the Beast show leave. Its been running so long, and still draws large crowds. I really hope this doesnt happen!!!

DisneyJill

I have a friend who is a Disney CM and he said that they use the 20,000 Leagues lagoon for dive certifications and things of that nature. So, I know it looks useless and dirty and whatnot, but it does seem to have somewhat of a purpose, although IMHO they could do dive certifications somewhere else and do something with the lagoon. :rolleyes:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
uhh.. your CM friend either lied to you or is just wrong. That water is absolutely pungent...

GaryT977

Originally posted by mkt
uhh.. your CM friend either lied to you or is just wrong. That water is absolutely pungent...

Why don't they just drain it and put up a 'refurbing for your future enjoyment' wall? At least that way we wouldn't have to see it anymore. :(

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Poncho1973
What? It's not PUNGENT... I'm not getting in it... but it's not PUNGENT. Pungent is "Dirty Pond" over by Park One.

eeeew... I don't think that even qualifies as water anymore... good paint thinner though

BigNorm

Originally posted by wdwmagic
I've got some info coming out on this in the next day or so, and it isnt what we are wanting for teh 20k area, at least in the short term.

Come on Steve, don't leave us hanging like that.

AdLibSean

This was discussed sometime ago in a thread far, far away- but I think the reason for not draining, is that if it were drained, the structure is so unstable that is would collapse flooding the utilidors beneath.

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by AdLibSean
This was discussed sometime ago in a thread far, far away- but I think the reason for not draining, is that if it were drained, the structure is so unstable that is would collapse flooding the utilidors beneath.

My significant other (who has about 7 years experience as a CM) and i just spent about an hour searching photographs and maps, as well as drawing on our own personal knowledge regarding the location of the 20,000 leagues lagoon and the utilidors.

What we have dertermined is that the mens locker room is next to the lagoon but that no tunnels lie beneath it. The reason being as you drive toward the tunnel entance behind the 20,000 league show building the road goes down an incline about 15 to 20 feet at least before you arrive at the tunnel entrance. The lagoon, as well as the structure that forms it, also appear to be about this depth. Therefore if anything were to lie beneath it, the first section of utilidor would have to slope downward as you go inside. This section of the utilidor is about as flat as flat can be. Below is a tunnel map. If anyone wants a copy to show the approximate location of the lagoon and show building send me a PM.

http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/mk-tunnels-map.htm

Woody13

Originally posted by space42
Speaking of 20k Leagues.

Here is link for a great series of photos from when they drained the lagoon back in 1980. Very cool to see it drained.

http://www.disneypix.com/MagicKingdom/Fantasyland/20KRehab/MagicKingdom-FL20K.htm

Enjoy.

Thanks space42! The last time this subject came up on the forum several people stated emphatically that the lagoon could not be drained (tank walls would implode "they" said). So much for that rumor! As for the water quality, it is my understanding that the lagoon is not a closed system.

Poncho1973

Originally posted by AdLibSean

Absolutely true... just look at it imploding all over the place in this photo...

20K Imploding due to lack of water

hehehe... sorry man... must be an Urban Myth...

:drevil:

mkt

Premium Member
those pictures are nearly 20 years old.... a lot can happen in 20 years to destabilise the lagoon.... namely, budgetcutting causing lack of maintenance

AdLibSean

Originally posted by Poncho1973
Absolutely true... just look at it imploding all over the place in this photo...

20K Imploding due to lack of water

hehehe... sorry man... must be an Urban Myth...

:drevil:

It's cool. Just recalling what I read in a discussion about the topic. And I don't think the theory was "screamscape based" or anything of the like. Besides... that imploding picture you posted was from a rehab more than 20 years ago. The attraction closed in the early 90's if I remember right- almost 10 years ago. If the attraction has been as poorly maintained as rumored... something left that long w/o attention could easily become unsafe. Just my two cents. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom