New Muppets Ride Rumor

Missing20K

Where are our resident experts to confirm, disconfirm these rumors?? Martin, I'm looking at you. :lookaroun With all the talk of the new construction slated for 2011, has this been overlooked, or was it just unknown? Or are people keeping secrets? :lol:

jhastings74

Well, not too long ago (August?) Disney Channel had that special with their current stars along with the Muppets ("Studio DC, Almost Live", I think it was called...), and I really enjoyed it. My son loves Zac & Cody, along with the other DC stars and he thought it was great. Maybe this is a sign that they are looking to increase the exposure of the Muppets on the Disney Channel as some have mentioned...

DizFanatic

I know that there was a Muppets dark ride planned that Jim Henson himself worked with imagineers to develop before his tragic death. They even had the parade designed, which was then transformed into the (MGM) Studios Dinosaurs parade based on the Henson TV show. I saw concept art a few years ago on a website. I copied some of it, I'll see if I can dig it up when I get home.

Does anybody else have info on this???

jhastings74

I know that there was a Muppets dark ride planned that Jim Henson himself worked with imagineers to develop before his tragic death. They even had the parade designed, which was then transformed into the (MGM) Studios Dinosaurs parade based on the Henson TV show. I saw concept art a few years ago on a website. I copied some of it, I'll see if I can dig it up when I get home.

Does anybody else have info on this???

Yup..

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppet_Movie_Ride

(edit: Sorry...this isn't for the dark ride, but the movie ride...!)

Ilovewishes

I love the muppets and I would love to see more of them! I was so excited when I first saw the MGM parade and spotted Kermit! Gonzo is my fave though!

I'd love to see more of the Muppets on TV - Christmas isn't Christmas without a viewing of the Muppet's Christmas Carol! We were brought up on it!:D

On a side note, it's a shame really that Disney don't have the Fraggles. I adored the Fraggles when I was little. I even had it as my phone ringtone a few months back...:rolleyes:

bgraham34

I would just love to a see a new 3D movie in the parks first before any new attractions are started. If not a 3D movie then at least a stage show. I love the Muppets and have been waiting for them to make a comeback.

JerseySkiddie

I would love, love, love for there to be more muppets!

There's also going to be a new Muppet Christmas special this year, so keep your eyes open for that, muppet fans.

Since1976

New Muppets attractions have been stymied by the lack of quality Muppets shows / movies. Muppets Wizard of Oz was supposed to be the big reintroduction of the characters, but it failed. Heck, even I didn't bother to watch it.

The new Muppet movie being planned by Jason Segel (Marshall from "How I Met Your Mother") is the next big thing on the horizon, so I'm guessing these attraction ideas were sparked by that project. Expect the ideas to be scuttled if the movie tanks, though (D ick Tracy's Crimestoppers, anyone?).

I like the Segel / Apatow brand of humor. It's more edgy and adult (like the original Muppets were in the 70s), so it could reinvigorate the franchise for a generation who thinks they are just cousins to the Sesame Street characters.

WDWFigment

New Muppets attractions have been stymied by the lack of quality Muppets shows / movies. Muppets Wizard of Oz was supposed to be the big reintroduction of the characters, but it failed. Heck, even I didn't bother to watch it.

The new Muppet movie being planned by Jason Segel (Marshall from "How I Met Your Mother") is the next big thing on the horizon, so I'm guessing these attraction ideas were sparked by that project. Expect the ideas to be scuttled if the movie tanks, though (D ick Tracy's Crimestoppers, anyone?).

I like the Segel / Apatow brand of humor. It's more edgy and adult (like the original Muppets were in the 70s), so it could reinvigorate the franchise for a generation who thinks they are just cousins to the Sesame Street characters.

Didn't Disney hedge their bets with the Muppet Wizard of Oz by giving it a really small budget? From the sounds of the article, they are coming out with guns a blazin' this time. With all of their plans for the Muppets, I can't see them letting this next movie fail. :shrug:

plutoismyhero

Ok sorry for being dumb but what is this i hear about a new muppet movie.
I think this idea for a new attraction would be amazing. One more thing is that i think younger people (0-18) need to have more muppets in their lives im 21 and i have loved the muppets since i was born, the muppet babies, muppets tonight and i buy ever season of the original muppet show because i never got to see them i think that disney needs to bring more of the muppets back especially if they are going to add a new attraction to MGM er ummmmmmm DHS sorry.

Personally i think the muppets should get their own park but that is MO
wakka wakka!!!!!

Brian_WDW74

I wonder if the recent removal of Jim Henson's name from the Muppet balloon and from the Muppet-Vision 3D entrance has anything to do with this new push? :confused:

RSoxNo1

The Muppet Movie Ride would be absolutely fantastic as a scene by scene recreation of the original ride. Of course you'd have the muppets messing everything up, but this is one of the older rumors that I absolutely love.

dizzbuff

To not give away my age here...lol....but Muppets and any Muppet show was my fav to watch on t.v. Remember Fraggle Rock? The Muppet Show was beyond hilarious and a not miss. We always always hit the Muppets Vision when we go to DHS. It never gets old. Watching the little kids try and pop those bubbles and hearing their giggles and ''ooohhhhhs'' is the highlight. It would be great if Disney would bring more of the Muppets to the park(s) in any manner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom