New Muppets Ride Rumor

RedGear

so it seams most people agree, muppets are awesome and disney should do more with them. Many of us grew up watching the muppets. I remember watching the show all the time, and I had books that were the muppet babies and i loved looking at those pictures.

i like the muppet 3d attraction, but my friend actually fell asleep during it, how I do not know. I agree that they need to do something and it needs to be full force if they do.

the-reason14

Well, the disney channel has that muppets unplugged or something. I dont know if thats its name, but its a show and it features the muppets. Problem is though, is that it mainly seems to showcase all the fad fluff stuff like Miley and all this High School Musical stuff, the people that wont be here long because they are just part of a fad. I think they could have used them better, I mean, come on, the muppets are like icons. Why put these other disney channel people on there when they already have their own shows or movies or whatever, the muppets seem like they will withstand the test of time, the other guests on the show will not.

figmntal95

Well, the disney channel has that muppets unplugged or something. I dont know if thats its name, but its a show and it features the muppets. Problem is though, is that it mainly seems to showcase all the fad fluff stuff like Miley and all this High School Musical stuff, the people that wont be here long because they are just part of a fad. I think they could have used them better, I mean, come on, the muppets are like icons. Why put these other disney channel people on there when they already have their own shows or movies or whatever, the muppets seem like they will withstand the test of time, the other guests on the show will not.

Actually, Disney's idea for that was to basically force the Muppets into the minds of this generation by using familiar stars such as Hannah Montana, etc.

the-reason14

Actually, Disney's idea for that was to basically force the Muppets into the minds of this generation by using familiar stars such as Hannah Montana, etc.

Thats great and all, but like I said I think they could have done without all of that. If they can get Miley famous by putting her on a show and have her act like she is great and talented and trick kids into thinking she is too, then they could have showcased the muppets by themselves and have this generation love and adore them as much as all these other people.

JLW11Hi

The only reason I was able to become a big classic cartoon/muppet fan was to watch the original stuff on TV! If Disney is wondering why the popularity of many of their prized characters is going down hill, maybe they should offer some sort of chance for kids to actually see them!

The only reason I was able to become a big classic cartoon/muppet fan was to watch the original stuff on TV! If Disney is wondering why the popularity of many of their prized characters is going down hill, maybe they should offer some sort of chance for kids to actually see them!

Agreed, I have never nor will I ever buy something with Stitch on it. Yet that is more current than the Muppets. I wonder if Disney would have put out a new Muppets movie or show, instead of Stitch then a whole new generation would probably have embraced the Muppets instead of a burping, farting, spitting, annoying alien. Hopefully the new movie will create an absolute resurgence in popularity among all ages that will result in more of a presence in the theme parks (apologies to any Stitch fans, I just never liked that character).

jonnyc

I love the muppets and I would love to see more of them! I was so excited when I first saw the MGM parade and spotted Kermit! Gonzo is my fave though!

I'd love to see more of the Muppets on TV - Christmas isn't Christmas without a viewing of the Muppet's Christmas Carol! We were brought up on it!:D

On a side note, it's a shame really that Disney don't have the Fraggles. I adored the Fraggles when I was little. I even had it as my phone ringtone a few months back...:rolleyes:

You can buy a Fraggles t-shirt from River Island in the UK. Those many hours of part time work have now payed off :p.

kymie

I love the Muppets, and I love the Muppet movies, but I think for them to be successful again they need to have their own regular show again. Most people who buy Muppet movies already love the Muppets. Kids who dont even know who the Muppets are aren't going to choose a Muppet movie over something more current, but if they get to know the characters first through a show,:sohappy: then of course they will fall in love with them!

Pete C

A new Muppets-related anything at WDW has about a zero percent chance of happening. Come on...they are completely irrelevant to today's youth.

gnorth

Muppets Ride

Ok this is so obvious can not believe no one else is saying this so here it goes.
Re-make that old tired Star Tours and remake into "PIGS IN SPACE" complete with a Mark Hamill cameo would be better than whats there now...

Just a thought....:ROFLOL:

jmmc

A new Muppets-related anything at WDW has about a zero percent chance of happening. Come on...they are completely irrelevant to today's youth.
That may be true, right now. But I've heard Disney is going to be making a big push to promote the Muppets. In addition to a new TV movie coming (Xmas, maybe?) there's supposedly a regular film in the planning stages and some have even said if it's popular enough, a new Muppet Show may not be out of the question.

Who knows if all this will really happen. But the Sesame Street Muppets are at least still relevant to kids. :)

Disneykidder

They are trying to push the Muppets. The Disney channels has launched DC Live which shows todays popular teen stars, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Bros, Ashley Tisdale etc., singing songs with Muppet characters. It is actually rather funny. My DS almost 5 gets a kick out of it.
On a side note, my son knows who the Mupptes are and can name quite a few characters.

DivineMadness7

I'm not going to take my time to dignify this with an extensive response. If you have read the several pages of comments, some listing sources to an article about a movie already in the works, I think you would see how wrong you are. Of course, I'm sure you didn't take the time to do this, so instead, I'm just going to leave you with this emoticon.

:lol:

Huck

I'm not going to take my time to dignify this with an extensive response. If you have read the several pages of comments, some listing sources to an article about a movie already in the works, I think you would see how wrong you are. Of course, I'm sure you didn't take the time to do this, so instead, I'm just going to leave you with this emoticon.

Muppets and Fraggles are both certainly relevant to my kids. (Ages 6, 4 and 2) They love to watch Fraggles videos on long car trips and love MV3D. My son even watched the old Muppets go to Disneyworld TV special on Youtube. Sure, it's just because I introduced them to Muppets and Fraggles that they even have this frame of reference, but isn't that true of every cultural phenomenon... Kids are all just waiting to be introduced to the next Big Thing. Who says the next big thing has to be a "new" big thing? Heck, I can remember being thrilled by this TV show by this new band called The Monkees way back in the 80's! What's old can be new again if you introduce it to a new audience in a fresh way. Disney's been perfecting that formula for nearly 80 years. I'm happy that my kids can have the chance to see and experience new Muppet material and I get to experience it with them.
To feel differently would be "distinctly un-american".(delivered in my best Sam Eagle voice)

Anyone got change for a nickel? That's my 2 cents.

DivineMadness7

Muppets and Fraggles are both certainly relevant to my kids. (Ages 6, 4 and 2) They love to watch Fraggles videos on long car trips and love MV3D. My son even watched the old Muppets go to Disneyworld TV special on Youtube. Sure, it's just because I introduced them to Muppets and Fraggles that they even have this frame of reference, but isn't that true of every cultural phenomenon... Kids are all just waiting to be introduced to the next Big Thing. Who says the next big thing has to be a "new" big thing? Heck, I can remember being thrilled by this TV show by this new band called The Monkees way back in the 80's! What's old can be new again if you introduce it to a new audience in a fresh way. Disney's been perfecting that formula for nearly 80 years. I'm happy that my kids can have the chance to see and experience new Muppet material and I get to experience it with them.
To feel differently would be "distinctly un-american".(delivered in my best Sam Eagle voice)

Anyone got change for a nickel? That's my 2 cents.

I'm not sure why you quoted me on this as you would see all of my posts are pro-muppet....maybe I'm misreading this, but please see my previous post and the other post I was quoting if you think my post was anti-muppet...

hauntdmansion79

That would be *amazing*

I still think that not building out the Muppet Studios area at MGM was one of the all-time major missteps by management. And I want *real* Muppet mayhem, not the lame, soft-edged Muppets of recent years.

The real Muppets have been gone too long. Bring 'em back, I say!

Amen! I've been saying this since the late 90's. Muppets are supposed to be a gang of quirky misfits who always try hard, but chaos ensues. They are oddballs and rough around the edges. They should never be polished like they are now. Muppet's from Space had SOME good moments, but was the beginning of them going off track. Muppets 3D really is the last true Muppet Masterpiece and it's because of one factor, Jim. But I have real hope this time that they can be brought back and a new attraction and restaurant at DHS would be the most exciting news that WDW has had in years!

As a huge Muppet fan... I really wouldn't mind if they turned DHS into all Muppets, and only keeping the classics.

And for any other Muppet fans out there, here's a trivia question:

The Country Trio, from the Muppet Show, was based off of who?

That may be too easy, though...

Jim, Frank, and Jerry.....easy.

Pete C

Haha, I usually jump all over people for not reading threads before they post. The one time I don't read all the pages and respond I get nailed. :zipit:

shoppingnut

I love the muppets and would love to see them more in the HS park, like they had originally planned for a muppetland. HS can use all the help it can get with new rides, look at what TSM has done, 60 min + waits, they need more rides, not shows. I think the whole American Idol is too late.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We have the first three seasons on DVD...it will be so hard when they are done releasing them....sure hope Disney can help fill that void!!!:animwink: A timeless classic....:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom