News New movie coming Epcot's Canada Pavilion

castlecake2.0

I think you might be mixing up what space in the Pavillion Food and Bev was scouting. Thankfully, it fell through.

This was circa 2015 they were talking about that, maybe the plans your talking about came after? We’re they thinking of the house on the other side of the chateau? Or was merch going to get evicted?

castlecake2.0

I'm just guessing here, but maybe he's inferring F&B wanted the space O' Canada is in?

I did have a guest asks me one time where the Martin Short dinner show was and we all thought it would be funny if they moved the restaurant into the CV theatre... maybe they were onto something

sedati

Sadly this is the only attraction I've never done at either EPCOT Center or Epcot. Was never able to convince anyone to stand through another film.
Still have fond memories of the song as it was on the Souvenir Album which I listened to ad nauseum.

ThatMouse

I like how screen seems is cited as the main feature lol -- I'm sure that's keeping most people out of these attractions! And here I thought it was the 24fps film to 60Hz judder. Gotta watch out for that 3:2 pulldown!

dreamfinder

Martin Short, a man who is constantly on television and is a beloved A list star, is not less "relevant" that Celine Dion. I'd wager that most people could name a Martin Short project from the last ten years but very few people can tell you about a Celine Dion hit song from the past ten years (because Celine hasn't had one).

Didn't she have a song on the Deadpool 2 Soundtrack?

JohnD

Martin Short, a man who is constantly on television and is a beloved A list star, is not less "relevant" that Celine Dion. I'd wager that most people could name a Martin Short project from the last ten years but very few people can tell you about a Celine Dion hit song from the past ten years (because Celine hasn't had one).

I'm reminded of an old MTV game show, Remote Control, where they had a category titled "Dead or Canadian."

Oriolesmagic

I get the sense that this is being changed for two reasons:

1. Disney is under the impression (perhaps correctly) that the new seamless 360 degree China movie will make Canada's seem dated and therefore uninteresting.

2. The current film mentions the "invisible narrator" of the France Pavillion film. If the new, planned film no longer has an invisible narrator, then the Canada movie seems even more dated.

Maybe these factors don't matter at all, maybe they do...

Cmdr_Crimson

I get the sense that this is being changed for two reasons:

2. The current film mentions the "invisible narrator" of the France Pavillion film. If the new, planned film no longer has an invisible narrator, then the Canada movie seems even more dated..

Also the fact that Martin has a Fastpass (which they don't have and no magic band) For Soarin (Which it is not called it's Soarin over the World)...Just getting deeper in facts....

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
She's also had numerous sold out world tours in addition to her sold out Vegas residency for the last 7 years. So yah, totally less relevant than a comedian. :rolleyes:
I think that her and Martin Short are both about equally relevant. They both are tremendously talented at what they do, but they also both are clearly past their prime a bit in terms of popularity and are mostly coasting on their fame and success from their past rather than heading towards new fame or acclaim. I don't expect either of them to be more or equally well known in five years as they are now. And I also think both are less well known now than five years ago.

That being said, they are both still pretty relevant, popular, and talented. Personally, I think a comedian/actor is a better fit for a narrator than a singer. And more likely to make a show that is entertaining to people who aren't interested in travelougues.

Frontierland's Finest

I'd be on board for either Seth Rogen, Drake (Canadian rapper), Mike Myers, or Ryan Reynolds to be the next host. All, with the exception of Mike Myers, have manage to say relevant in the past couple of years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom