New Monorails for Disney

ciscobee

Original Poster
According to the disneylandnews site they are getting or have already received new monorails ... Next Generation.

Any chance that they are replacing the ones at WDW as well? They are in dire need as they smell of cow.

WRE4ever

Disneyland just received the Mark 7's we have the Mark 6's the models alternate between Disney World and Disneyland.....so no we wont get the mark 7's but when they come out with mark 8's we will get them and Disneyland wont....

JML42691

Disneyland just received the Mark 7's we have the Mark 6's the models alternate between Disney World and Disneyland.....so no we wont get the mark 7's but when they come out with mark 8's we will get them and Disneyland wont....
Of course that is just a guesstimate, for all we know, Disney may already have plans to replace the WDW ones. But frankly, I do not like the looks of the DL ones, they might be okay in DL, but I don't think that they would fit in in WDW. Now the ones that they have in Vegas would look very nice (and I believe that those are Mark 6s).

WRE4ever

Of course that is just a guesstimate, for all we know, Disney may already have plans to replace the WDW ones. But frankly, I do not like the looks of the DL ones, they might be okay in DL, but I don't think that they would fit in in WDW. Now the ones that they have in Vegas would look very nice (and I believe that those are Mark 6s).

well this is what i was told by monorail operators so im basing it off that....seems to make sense...but who knows i guess haha

SewIn2Disney

last week, i was in wdw, and requested to sit in the front car from the TTA to Epcot. We had two "poilots" in our train, one who actually drove, and a second who's job was to sit there and hold the cabin door shut. Yup---the latch was broken, and the door kept swinging open (and before you tell me this was a "driver rumor", we witnessed it happen), and when the door swings open, it puts the monorail in "safe mode" and shuts down, so we kept stopping along the way. So yeah----they need a little update----or a little more TLC. (And a bath---the outside of those things is nasty!)

chinitopoop

I dont like the look of the new dl monorails, I like our monorails better, simple, white, with a colored line to identify it, its perfect and is just as much a symbol of wdw as cinderella castle imo... all they need to do is clean them up a little bit (leave the smell, I like it lol) and expand it already! although i heard somewhere that it would cost something like $100 million a mile to extend it

TheDisneyMagic

last week, i was in wdw, and requested to sit in the front car from the TTA to Epcot. We had two "poilots" in our train, one who actually drove, and a second who's job was to sit there and hold the cabin door shut. Yup---the latch was broken, and the door kept swinging open (and before you tell me this was a "driver rumor", we witnessed it happen), and when the door swings open, it puts the monorail in "safe mode" and shuts down, so we kept stopping along the way. So yeah----they need a little update----or a little more TLC. (And a bath---the outside of those things is nasty!)

Ohh which line is it from the TTA to Epcot? :D:D

Tomorrowland Transit Austhority metro liner, non stop, now departing Rocket Tower Plaza Station for a round trip to Epcot :D

No, we won't get the Mark 7. It was made specifically for Disneyland. The reason the design is so different is because the Disneyland monorail system is a park attraction, and its design needs to fit with the Tomorrowland theme, hence this more futuristic look. Personally, I love the Mark 6 monorails at Disney World and hope they never die out.

And Disneyland's new monorail is already having problems. Check out this news story.

"It seems the new monorail Disneyland just received a few feeks ago is having its fair share of problems. For starters, it doesn't even fit on the beam. Apparently the clearance is too narrow for the monorail to make it past the first curve onto the mainline. Because of this, Disneyland is stuck with only one monorail for the busy summer months, meaning the monorail's usage will most likely be restricted to hotel guests."

TheDisneyMagic

The monorails at WDW do deserve a little care, a nice clean more frequently. The retro design ones over at Disneyland fit in there as they are designed to look like the originals over there, I don't think Disney would use that style at WDW.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
DisneyExplorer got it - the DLC Monorail is an attraction that goes further than that, the WDW system is a mass transit system. Remember DLCs fleet and beam is smaller than WDWs too, so it wouldn`t be a case of just making more of the same. WDWs fleet has been upgraded in the passenger cabin and control systems (ahem) departments over the past few years anyhow so don`t expect them to go anywhere soon.

Besides, who wants another "we got the sums wrong" fiasco like when the MKVI arrived?

echoscot

Whew, glad that they are staying at DLR. I like the look, but think the Mark VI looks better at WDW, where they are more of a transportation thing. But that door story says that the WDW monorails are in need of some TLC...

LAPVLB

Ohh which line is it from the TTA to Epcot? :D:D

Tomorrowland Transit Austhority metro liner, non stop, now departing Rocket Tower Plaza Station for a round trip to Epcot :D

:ROFLOL:
I was wondering if I was the only one who caught that.

As for WDW, I've heard both for their monorails-- replacement in a reasonable time frame and "not for 100 more years!"

I've heard wonderful stories about those things (my personal favorite is also a door issue...in the Poly. It was Green if I'm not mistaken.)

Oh, SewIn2Disney, do you remember which monorail you were in/who the pilot was? Just curious if there's a pattern.... :lol:

Jose Eber

WDW monorails are total POS.

This of course is not my opinion, but an ex-drivers. They are old, break down often and can be quite unreliable.

That said, they are still the coolest looking trains around and are important to WDW transportation.

SewIn2Disney

Sorry wishful thinking! I (obviously) ment TTC not TTA--I guess I'm still in a Disney Fog!

And I believe it was monorail Lime that was going to Epcot, but I could be wrong. It was the most humorous trip on the monorail I have ever had. The maintenence man who's job was to hold the door shut was just going off on everything (in a funny, Disney-safe way). We were laughing the whole trip----definately one of the best trips on there ever!

Abbyjoe

Actually...If you have ever been in a "monkey house" in a zoo...THAT is the smell!! Or maybe, the monkey house smells like a monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom