Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What if its for universal's new park?
$247 million dollars wouldn't buy squat in a new system beyond the basic engineering studies. And then there's land to be bought, easements to be paid, politicians to be greased, public relations to be produced, etc. And then you can start paying for materials, trains, power hook-ups, etc.

Monorail_Orange

Well, I love Monorail Sliver. I guess you could say it has gotten under my skin.

LOL! Epic spelling fail for me!

Really, I was just trying to start a new rumor for the new replacement for Indy's Stunt Spectacular: New IJ-themed monorail station in place of the show for DHS. Everytime "Sliver" pulls into the station, Indy says, "Snakes, why'd it have to be snakes?" :hilarious:

Hotamber

I would not be surprised if the plan is to make everyone walk with the opening of the Grand Floridian bridge. Monorails will be for deluxe guests and DVC only. Maybe they will add rentable bikes to go with the rideshare areas just like any other city.

Monorail_Orange

I would not be surprised if the plan is to make everyone walk with the opening of the Grand Floridian bridge. Monorails will be for deluxe guests and DVC only. Maybe they will add rentable bikes to go with the rideshare areas just like any other city.
The bridge is not nearly large enough to handle that much foot traffic, much less bicycles.

lazyboy97o

I'm still waiting for big enough gondolas. It's not the same company that built a monorail system that exceeded demand in 1971
The monorails did not exceed demand in 1971. Demand ended up greatly exceeded what Disney expected, with parking lot trams and even the Mike Fink Keelboats being pressed into service at various times. The ferryboats were quickly built to meet the demand.

Hotamber

The monorails did not exceed demand in 1971. Demand ended up greatly exceeded what Disney expected, with parking lot trams and even the Mike Fink Keelboats being pressed into service at various times. The ferryboats were quickly built to meet the demand.
"On opening day, there were ten trains built with five cars each on two monorail tracks (express and Disney Resort hotels) for guests to make their way to experience the magic."
Maybe demand was high but it was not underbuilt to demand like recent additions. The current Disney would just build a straight track with a train that goes back and forth like the Orlabdo airport train but gondolas are even cheaper

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

"On opening day, there were ten trains built with five cars each on two monorail tracks (express and Disney Resort hotels) for guests to make their way to experience the magic."
Maybe demand was high but it was not underbuilt to demand like recent additions. The current Disney would just build a straight track with a train that goes back and forth like the Orlabdo airport train but gondolas are even cheaper
It was not intentionally under built, but it was under built. That’s why they pressed other vehicles into service and rushed to build larger boats.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
According to the book Realtyland, they did not have 10 trains on opening day.
“Come Opening Day, only three monorails were in service, with a fourth on the way and two more still under construction.”

Side note, I remember how strange it was to see the brand new Mark VIs on the system at the same time as the old Mark IVs during the transition.

aladdin2007

I couldn't believe last week after riding silver I think it was, what they did to what are supposedly new seats? They are all bubbled up and look like cheap tape coverings, is this the route they are going with in all of them??

trainplane3

The material they used in the black redo is different and much sturdier. They will be changing Silver and Green to the new material at some point. The original silver seats turned out to be to thin to work as intended.
Resharing my picture of Silvers seats from back on October 4th in case anyone didn't know of their condition:
MCRK7FE.jpg

*A/C wasn't working in this specific car as well*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom