Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Disone

It's not a matter of agreeing.
They are iconic and a symbol of Disney.
That's a fact.
If they don't mean much to you - that's up to you.
Agreed. Well stated.

The monorails have definitely been used over and over again in publicity and promotion of the Walt Disney World Resort. They have been a part of the Walt Disney World Experience since day one. The three Magic Kingdom resorts are able to charge the rates that they are able to charge because they are connected to the monorail. More then that When people think about a monorail they think about Disney regardless of whether or not that monorail is at Disney. In much the same way that when people see the Space Needle, they think about Seattle. When they see the Eiffel Tower.... Paris. The Grand Canyon.... Arizona. And when they see a monorail most people think about Disney. That is the definition of iconic.

Incomudro

Agreed. Well stated.

The monorails have definitely been used over and over again in publicity and promotion of the Walt Disney World Resort. They have been a part of the Walt Disney World Experience since day one. The three Magic Kingdom resorts are able to charge the rates that they are able to charge because they are connected to the monorail. More then that When people think about a monorail they think about Disney regardless of whether or not that monorail is at Disney. In much the same way that when people see the Space Needle, they think about Seattle. When they see the Eiffel Tower.... Paris. The Grand Canyon.... Arizona. And when they see a monorail most people think about Disney. That is the definition of iconic.

Exactly.
I'll take this as far back as when I watched the Wonderful World of Disney tv show as a little kid before ever attending the park.

Bender123

Agreed. Well stated.

For prices, I would say its less that they are connected to the monorail so much as they are connected directly to the Magic Kingdom...

The rest I would agree with. The monorail is not the driver of the price proposition, it is the tool that gets people to the driver of the prices.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
For prices, I would say its less that they are connected to the monorail so much as they are connected directly to the Magic Kingdom...

The rest I would agree with. The monorail is not the driver of the price proposition, it is the tool that gets people to the driver of the prices.
A+B=$$$$

Voxel

President of Progress City
Just buy some new damned monorails.
While that's a great idea, it's not like they can walk down to the local monorail dealer and buy the $399 a month special with special financing. From day of order it can take 5 to 10 years to see the delivery of a new train/monorail, and that timeline can slip if they decide to get bids from other companies or had more functionality/custom body work.

TOCPE82

While that's a great idea, it's not like they can walk down to the local monorail dealer and buy the $399 a month special with special financing. From day of order it can take 5 to 10 years to see the delivery of a new train/monorail, and that timeline can slip if they decide to get bids from other companies or had more functionality/custom body work.
So announced that you're buying them.

Didn't they announce Pandora like four years before they even broke ground?

Sonconato

All this is why I hesitate to go to MK. I used to go once a week, but now I might go once a month. With the other dock, I thought there would be more ferries running, but I haven't experienced that either.

Voxel

President of Progress City
So announced that you're buying them.

Didn't they announce Pandora like four years before they even broke ground?
They might not even have a contract out. While I don't work with trains, I work in an another area of mass transit. Contract negotiations can take months and I have seen them take 2 years.. For legality reason you can not announce it until a contract is signed because of the effects of the stock market if you announce it than don't sign the contract..

It's a murky area until ink is on the paper, something I'm not sure has happen. (I would love to see the announcement a D23 though, i think we all would)

Monorail_Red_77

Are the magenta ceiling stripes gone / changed to match the respective train color?
Yes, at least in Monorail Silver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom