Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yes the interior should match each train.

So sad it will be ruined by guests spilling food and drink all over it.

On the bright side when the train breaks down and guests are forced to call 911, at least they’ll know which train they’re on.

I kid of course. Nice job Disney transportation in finally taking care of these Monorails.

s8film40

On the bright side when the train breaks down and guests are forced to call 911, at least they’ll know which train they’re on.

I kid of course. Nice job Disney transportation in finally taking care of these Monorails.
No this is actually a very valid point. The only way guest could previously know what train they were on from the inside (unless they remembered from before boarding) was if they opened the phone box. Of course a guest who doesn’t know to use that and calls 911 would now have that information. It’s a minor detail but could potentially help in a bad situation, and it’s an easy addition.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No this is actually a very valid point. The only way guest could previously know what train they were on from the inside (unless they remembered from before boarding) was if they opened the phone box. Of course a guest who doesn’t know to use that and calls 911 would now have that information. It’s a minor detail but could potentially help in a bad situation, and it’s an easy addition.

If you're between stations and want to know which train you're on, just lean out the open door and look!

Goofyernmost

I think it amazing that after almost 50 years, we have decided that knowing the color of the train you are in that is broken down is such a difficulty when there are only 3 routes and are right out in the open where they can be seen easily. I'm thinking that is a solution to a non-existing problem. It is, however, a very nice addition. I always knew that the trains had different colors, but, I never really paid any attention to it when I was boarding them. If I saw a Monorail and it opened the doors where I was standing I got on it. The color was, and still is, an unimportant detail and was more for aesthetical purposes to me.

s8film40

I think it amazing that after almost 50 years, we have decided that knowing the color of the train you are in that is broken down is such a difficulty when there are only 3 routes and are right out in the open where they can be seen easily. I'm thinking that is a solution to a non-existing problem. It is, however, a very nice addition. I always knew that the trains had different colors, but, I never really paid any attention to it when I was boarding them. If I saw a Monorail and it opened the doors where I was standing I got on it. The color was, and still is, an unimportant detail and was more for aesthetical purposes to me.
I do know of situations where this would have come in handy. Specifically people calling for medical assistance and paramedics going to the wrong place because they don’t know what train it is and where it is. So it’s not a non-existent problem. Also considering how little effort it is to add this I think it’s a great move.

Goofyernmost

I do know of situations where this would have come in handy. Specifically people calling for medical assistance and paramedics going to the wrong place because they don’t know what train it is and where it is. So it’s not a non-existent problem. Also considering how little effort it is to add this I think it’s a great move.
I agree that it doesn't hurt and it is a nice look, but, the routes are short and it would just as simple to say, just coming into MK or just leaving MK or at the Grand Floridian or the TTC or the Poly or the Contemporary or on the way back from Epcot or on the way too Epcot. Look for a big train sitting on one of the rail and isn't moving. Which is probably what they have been doing for the past 50 years with no problem. Again it is a nice look, but, it's emergency identifying purpose is greatly exaggerated.

s8film40

I agree that it doesn't hurt and it is a nice look, but, the routes are short and it would just as simple to say, just coming into MK or just leaving MK or at the Grand Floridian or the TTC or the Poly or the Contemporary or on the way back from Epcot or on the way too Epcot. Look for a big train sitting on one of the rail and isn't moving. Which is probably what they have been doing for the past 50 years with no problem. Again it is a nice look, but, it's emergency identifying purpose is greatly exaggerated.
I’m definitely not trying to exaggerate it, it is a fairly minor thing, but I am trying to point out it has happened and this could have possibly to some degree helped.

AVAC Juice

Yes the interior should match each train.
Not only is Monorail silver stamped!!! on the logo carpet but you are now awash in whatever color cab you have the misfortune of being in.

But what happens if you cannot read English and are colorblind and have to press the 911 call box ?

What then Disney Legal Team? Ugh.

GlacierGlacier

In an emergency, critical thinking may go out the window. If a guest is on the phone and doesn't know what monorail it is, it's much simpler for Ops on the line to ask them what color the carpet is instead of asking where they were coming from/going to.

Again, small thing, but it can help.

It's also a great way to differentiate the monorails outside of their external paint job. For the average guest, they're all the same on the inside.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In an emergency, critical thinking may go out the window. If a guest is on the phone and doesn't know what monorail it is, it's much simpler for Ops on the line to ask them what color the carpet is instead of asking where they were coming from/going to.

Again, small thing, but it can help.

It's also a great way to differentiate the monorails outside of their external paint job. For the average guest, they're all the same on the inside.

Putting a big ol' number on the phone would also help.

"Look at the phone and next to it is a number in red, could you please tell me what that number is?"

HoldenC

If someone is too stupid to not know what color monorail they are on, maybe natural selection needs to take them out?? Why are we making excuses for the idiot's of earth?

AVAC Juice

I honestly don't think it's about that, it's just a nice detail, something that will give more character to each train. I think this is really nice to see in an era of cost-cutting and cramming in inappropriate IPs everywhere.
I think it's pandering to legal and the not so "aware".

Not only is the color of the train printed in the cab but the cabs are now swimming in that color.

I loved the bright retro carpet and its been a great addition. Now it's a little over kill.

Here's your new soft serve design! Sometimes less is more.

The trams tractors also have their color printed on them. I don't think it's done as a nice touch.

Last edited:

s8film40

because it's a non issue. No one has ever been close to death because reedy creek couldn't find the monorail. And if it is indeed true, give me some evidence
Yeah I spent 10 years working in Monorails. I can recall many times where medical emergencies arose on the trains and indeed even times were people unfortunately didn’t make it. There were also many times were confusion of the train involved led to Reedy Creek showing up in the wrong place. When you call 911 they need all the information you can get. No one ever said this was a big issue, but it’s simply a nice side benefit of a really great design choice. You’re making this into a bigger thing than it is.

*Q*

I think it's pandering to legal and the not so "aware".

Not only is the color of the train printed in the cab but the cabs are now swimming in that color.

I loved the bright retro carpet and its been a great addition. Now it's a little over kill.

Here's your new soft serve design! Sometimes less is more.

The trams tractors also have their color printed on them. I don't think it's done as a nice touch.
So much for me trying to be positive 🙄

Also my post seems to have disappeared??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom