Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Disone

I really like the delta! When they renewed the blue delta on monorail Lime I thought it looked so good! So good I wondered if there was value in updating all the trains with delta's. How awesome would black look with red delta's. I do understand the deltas were originally use to help more easily differentiate the delta trains from a similar colored train, but after seeing silver and lime, I am a proponet of colored delta's on all.

I do wonder why line did not get the interior refurbishment silver got? Do we really know if this happening to all twelve? What about under the skirt? Any work there? Heard they may be some work on the door, but how about the AC systems.

Orange had nice AC systems back in June of 2017 when it came out from a bright shiny new paint job, but now .... Not so much.

The biggest question is not how pretty the refurbed silver looks it is what exactly was fixed. These monorails are what 10 years older than they should be? This kind of time they have existed equals mechanical and structural fatigue and damage over time. If all they did was give them a paint job and put in new A/C then they have a long way to go because doors will still be falling off and parts will be falling apart inside, while it looks all nice and pretty outside

Disone

I have serious doubts this will happen with all twelve, unfortunately. Disney doesn’t seem to be able to stay consistent long enough for things like this to make their way to all of them.
Thats a real answer. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Monorail_Red

I too find it interesting Silver is now sporting a new delta. Of all the trains to receive a delta that did not have one previously, I thought it would have been Peach due to it being so close to Yellow.

halltd

I love the idea of that retro pattern they keep using, but since the "Ds" don't line up when turned sideways, it makes my eye twitch every time I look at it. Generally, though, I like the makeover.

HoldenC

I'm always amazed at how excited people get over the monorails, which I find to be overrated. But hey we all have our Disney World obsessions 😂

mouse_luv

I'm ok with everything but the classic teal/blue seats going (it screamed monorails to me) and also not fond of those that didn't originally have a delta (colored) getting one.

gustaftp

I keep hearing this but I don't agree. But it's cool that you and many others agree. I just don't 😊
Even if you don't care for the monorails, how can you say they are not iconic? Disney literally uses them as an icon in their marketing materials. They are as much of an icon for the resort as Cinderella's Castle is for Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth for EPCOT, etc etc.

HoldenC

Even if you don't care for the monorails, how can you say they are not iconic? Disney literally uses them as an icon in their marketing materials. They are as much of an icon for the resort as Cinderella's Castle is for Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth for EPCOT, etc etc.
Seriously not trying to start and argument! Just stating an opinion guys ❤

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom