• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

s8film40

You mean when it's pouring rain and nearby thunderstrikes, there *isn't* a huge demand for for people to walk to train stations or hang out under tiny bus ports to use the transportation system?!!
Yes the demand goes way down during a heavy thunderstorm, however there are always some who will expect to use the monrails during a storm. As for the shutdowns in my experience they were almost always due to lightning causing power outages.

On a side note those heavy storms were my absolute favorite times to drive! There’s nothing quite like driving a train at 40 mph while you literally can’t see anything at all.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
Advertisement
On a side note those heavy storms were my absolute favorite times to drive! There’s nothing quite like driving a train at 40 mph while you literally can’t see anything at all.
Heck, I've seen people on the highway doing that at 85 mph...

The negotiations were said to be with Bombardier, who made the Mark 6, who has not shown any sort of deal with Disney on any financial reports that are made public roughly every 3 months, and with the amount of money that comes with this type of deal, it would be on that report.

I think the process would normally take something along the lines of 5-7 years including negotiations and customization for the specifications necessary for Disney's beam, but with the rumored backlog of contracts that Bombardier is dealing with, it may take 10 or more years to complete, which may make Disney think twice about finalizing a contract especially with the amount of money that would be involved without seeing the result for that long.

jpeden

Let’s just say that it wasn’t going to get done by the 50th like Disney would’ve originally wanted.

Well we all know Bombardier has had issues making orders and that they are years behind in delay. I can’t imagine they were going to put a small fleet of 12 in front of a much larger client who was requesting a fleet large enough to handle an urban area.

Did they think because they were the Mouse House they’d jump them to the front of the line?

Top Bottom