New Monorail To Be Pearl?

SMRT-1

Original Poster
No, it's not confirmed... yet...but, heard it from CM friend. Gotta say not really a fan of this color scheme.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Personally, I think if there is going to be a colour change to "retire" purple, it should be a change for all the trains in the fleet. Otherwise, the diehards will always be pointing out that "Monorail Pearl used to be Pink/Purple"...

I'd rather they change the whole fleet to new colours or all one colour and named after characters or even Disney Executives for all I care.

board57796

From what I have heard Pink's cab 6 will be replaced with Purple's undamaged Cab 6 and be repainted Pink. So if/when you ride the last car of Pink (or the first car, if its on Resort) you will be in a portion of old Purple.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
From what I have heard Pink's cab 6 will be replaced with Purple's undamaged Cab 6 and be repainted Pink. So if/when you ride the last car of Pink (or the first car, if its on Resort) you will be in a portion of old Purple.
Exactly why they should recolour the fleet. Then people won't say things like this.

WDW_Emily

Personally, I think if there is going to be a colour change to "retire" purple, it should be a change for all the trains in the fleet. Otherwise, the diehards will always be pointing out that "Monorail Pearl used to be Pink/Purple"...

I'd rather they change the whole fleet to new colours or all one colour and named after characters or even Disney Executives for all I care.

I would love to hear them say "Welcome aboard Monorail Mad Hatter"

prberk

As much as I understand and/or agree with the "change them all" sentiment, I think the color scheme is still the easiest identifier, because it is so easy to see from afar. It may be important to keep visual identification easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom