New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

rnese

That's exactly right. America is a continent. I think I said that (I made it bigger in my OP for ease of understanding). So are we talking about the adventure of a continent? No, the show talks about the founding of the United States of America.

Mexico is part of America.

If YOU want to get technical, America is NOT a continent AND...Mexico IS NOT part of America. There is the continent of NORTH AMERICA and Mexico lies within NORTH AMERICA. And Mexico and Canada have their own pavillions, so there's no "insult" there.

rnese

Well, if the Olympics are any indication, the American Adventure cast members will most likely be wearing Berets!

puntagordabob

is reporting the period costumes at AA will be going away in favor of modern day suits. If true, how do you defend this? I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to set me straight...

Horrible idea.... the entire pavillion has a 1770s architecture to it.....which I like...

prberk

It's funny you mention Soarin'. I recall that back when "The Land" went down for the installation of Soarin', the complaints on this forum by a small group of people were rather numerous. I recall General Grizz expressing his displeasure with the change. Yet, it all worked out fine. People like General Grizz get frustrated about these changes and use these forums to complain. The changes happen anyway. I think we need to learn from history and embrace change.

OK. I have to do this, finally. Are you a formerly banned member of this forum, who has come in under a different name? Or did you just search Grizz's remarks? This is an honest question.

I ask because your "Member Since" date is May 17, 2009, and yet General Grizz's last post was made November 8, 2005. Most of his larger arguments were long before that. Of course you may have been a non-member browser for all that time, but it seems curious that you would be so keenly aware of General Grizz's commentary and style without being an active member for another four years later.

Or perhaps you "innovated" your name and password...

wannab@dis

Actually, a number of the CMs working at the pavilion complained, and one went so far as to write an open letter to TDO protesting the changes.
That may be true. But that still has nothing to do with the number of guests complaining, which is what I was discussing.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That may be true. But that still has nothing to do with the number of guests complaining, which is what I was discussing.

So, because most guests won't go out of their way to complain about these uniforms, that means they are being well received? There is a feeling to the American Pavilion, and to WS as a whole. With these new "Modern" costumes, that feeling becomes muddled. Maybe the guest does not realize exactly what is different, or why the area seems "off" but they feel it none the less. Maybe not enough to go to Guest Services and complain, but enough to notice things aren't quite right.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

If CMs are complaining to such an extent, then you can be guaranteed the level of ire goes a little beyond the random posts on a fan forum....

Clever Name

OK. I have to do this, finally. Are you a formerly banned member of this forum, who has come in under a different name? Or did you just search Grizz's remarks? This is an honest question.

I ask because your "Member Since" date is May 17, 2009, and yet General Grizz's last post was made November 8, 2005. Most of his larger arguments were long before that. Of course you may have been a non-member browser for all that time, but it seems curious that you would be so keenly aware of General Grizz's commentary and style without being an active member for another four years later.

Or perhaps you "innovated" your name and password...
I lurked during the General Grizz years. I was too afraid to post back then.

wannab@dis

So, because most guests won't go out of their way to complain about these uniforms, that means they are being well received? There is a feeling to the American Pavilion, and to WS as a whole. With these new "Modern" costumes, that feeling becomes muddled. Maybe the guest does not realize exactly what is different, or why the area seems "off" but they feel it none the less. Maybe not enough to go to Guest Services and complain, but enough to notice things aren't quite right.
Well, let's be completely honest here... nobody has actually seen the new costumes. (other than hanging on a rack)

I'll lead the line to guest services if they turn out to be as horrible as some say. Personally I find the mockups look much worse than the final product, but will wait and see. I have a feeling this will just be another issue where a few people on the forums go nuts while the general guests see nothing wrong. I may have missed it, but has anyone posted a "go live" date for the new costumes?

Yzma

So I have a friend in Costuming and asked a couple questions... here is a gist of what he said:

there are complaints that Costuming did this without buy off... that's not true. Epcot executives signed off on the change. Due to Food and Wine Costuming was going to push back the launch, but the Epcot execs said they had to push it through before the end of the fiscal year.

No idea who these execs are, whether or not it's up at VP/GM level or sits lower with operations managers.

I asked how he knew the execs signed off on it and it wasn't just costuming doing it:

Money comes from somewhere; Costuming doesn't just design and mass manufacture a new costume for free. He didn't know how execs shared Costume ideas with their areas or what other opinions are requested.

What about the entertainment, they won't match anymore:

voices is likely to get an update, the drum corp is moving to MK (partly to counter the new Fantasyland as well)

COProgressFan

So I have a friend in Costuming and asked a couple questions... here is a gist of what he said:

there are complaints that Costuming did this without buy off... that's not true. Epcot executives signed off on the change. Due to Food and Wine Costuming was going to push back the launch, but the Epcot execs said they had to push it through before the end of the fiscal year.

No idea who these execs are, whether or not it's up at VP/GM level or sits lower with operations managers.

I asked how he knew the execs signed off on it and it wasn't just costuming doing it:

Money comes from somewhere; Costuming doesn't just design and mass manufacture a new costume for free. He didn't know how execs shared Costume ideas with their areas or what other opinions are requested.

What about the entertainment, they won't match anymore:

voices is likely to get an update, the drum corp is moving to MK (partly to counter the new Fantasyland as well)

I love how, when pointed out that the hideous new costumes don't match those of the Voices of Liberty, their response is to put the VoL in similar hideous costumes as well.

Then, when realizing that the drum corps won't match, they just decide to get ride of them. Geniuses at work.

Why do I have a feeling that the fife and drum corps is going to just "disappear" rather than move to them MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom