New MK Fireworks Show - Wishes

CTXRover

Thanks for the great news!! :D This fall is going to be amazing for Disney World: Philharmagic opens, Mission:Space officially opens, Pop Century opens, (Country Character Round-up show opens??) and now a new fireworks show!! Its almost similar to the way things were opening in the '90s.

This new fireworks show should be great. Eight new firing locations. Wow! Jimminy Cricket is the perfect choice as a narrator, considering he is already the night-time voice for SpectroMagic. Can't wait to see this!

WDWFREAK53

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY :sohappy:

(can you tell I'm excited?)

(any word if one of those new "launch areas" are from the castle itself like previously rumored?)

ToTBellHop

The Castle, Main Street Station, and other Main Street buildings are all launch sites--there may be more (like fantasyland)

Invero

(If you scroll down after Wishes news...)

Whinny The Pooh will be down for rehab from Friday, April 25th through June 27th, 2003.

Well, I know he does whine a lot... but isn't it Winnie the Pooh? :D

Shaman

Originally posted by CTXRover
This new fireworks show should be great. Eight new firing locations.

It looks like this show will be 100 times better than the one they currently run, maybe it can compete with Reflections of Earth over at Epcot:p (which IS the best firework show I have ever seen). It should be intresting to see this, I just hope it starts in October rather than December.:lookaroun

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by DogsRule!
The Castle, Main Street Station, and other Main Street buildings are all launch sites--there may be more (like fantasyland)
The Philharmagic and Snow White buildings are the Fantayland locations

MicBat

This is great news!! Will tinkerbell still be featured flying from the castle??? I hope the score will be as good as Fantasy in the Sky!

DisneyWonders07

Originally posted by MicBat
This is great news!! Will tinkerbell still be featured flying from the castle??? I hope the score will be as good as Fantasy in the Sky!

Knowing Disney, I'm sure they'll come up with an outstanding score! Ugh, I'm going in August so I probably won't be seeing it until April 2004:( But at least I'll be seeing it sooner than never!:D

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Yes... Tink will still be flying and the new "firing locations" (according to my sources at the Pentagon) are nothing but CM's armed with shoulder fired rocket launchers aiming for Tink.. :lol: j/k ;)

MicBat

Originally posted by DMC-12
Yes... Tink will still be flying and the new "firing locations" (according to my sources at the Pentagon) are nothing but CM's armed with shoulder fired rocket launchers aiming for Tink.. :lol: j/k ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

WeirdOne

Let's Hope...

...that after what, 30 years now, the tired old-dull and simply outdated "Fantasy In The Sky" is retiring. Thank The Lord! I'm actually excited about this one since it concerns entertainment. I just hope it is a) better than "Fantasy In The Sky" and b) it can at least be as original and creative as the at least 7 Tokyo Disneyland fireworks shows. I'd be amazed if they could even reach "Dancing Starlight Fantasy" or "Believe! There's Magic In The Stars!" status and fireworks in terms of the actual show and message. Let's see what Disney does with this idea, I'm sure it'll be better than how low I'm setting my standards. - The WeirdOne :D

MicBat

Re: Let's Hope...

Originally posted by WeirdOne
...that after what, 30 years now, the tired old-dull and simply outdated "Fantasy In The Sky" is retiring. Thank The Lord! I'm actually excited about this one since it concerns entertainment. I just hope it is a) better than "Fantasy In The Sky" and b) it can at least be as original and creative as the at least 7 Tokyo Disneyland fireworks shows. I'd be amazed if they could even reach "Dancing Starlight Fantasy" or "Believe! There's Magic In The Stars!" status and fireworks in terms of the actual show and message. Let's see what Disney does with this idea, I'm sure it'll be better than how low I'm setting my standards. - The WeirdOne :D
Didn't they just revamp Fantasy in the Sky a few years ago??

CTXRover

Re: Re: Let's Hope...

Didn't they just revamp Fantasy in the Sky a few years ago??

Yea, they changed the score and the actual firework show at the beginning of the Millenium Celebration. Same idea as the original, but the new one used songs that would be heard throughout the park. I think the old one mainly focused on Disney movies. (I don't remember songs from Pirates, Small World, Haunted Mansion, etc. in the original version.)

Other than the score (and the firework changes to reflect the new score) it wasn't much different. This sounds like it will be completely different than anything we've seen at the MK before.

Kenan

I cant wait for this new fireworks show. The old "Fantasy in the Sky" is very old and the music is not that good. It doesnt match with anything. However, the only thing I like is when Tinkerbell swings on that rope.

MKCustodial

Well, farewell to Fantasy in the Sky, it'll be missed. Sure was fun to listen to Davy Crocket and Yo Ho while the fireworks we popping...

Here's hoping this new one can be the perfect fit for the new campaign. "Wishes"! Only "Where Magic Lives"! :lol:

TURKEY

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Well, farewell to Fantasy in the Sky, it'll be missed. Sure was fun to listen to Davy Crocket and Yo Ho while the fireworks we popping...

Here's hoping this new one can be the perfect fit for the new campaign. "Wishes"! Only "Where Magic Lives"! :lol:

Man, I love the cracking of the whip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom