New MK Fireworks Show - Wishes

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by MKCustodial
YES!!!!

Ah, the memories from MK West... :cool:
WOW we have the same fireworks in MW East LOL :lol: My fave part of FiTS was Grim Grinning Ghosts (when they projected the ghosts on the castle)

Also being able to watch the fireworks every night you see how they change nightly. Some nights it is spectacular and others it seems less than grand.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by hmppan
WOW we have the same fireworks in MW East LOL :lol: My fave part of FiTS was Grim Grinning Ghosts (when they projected the ghosts on the castle)

Also being able to watch the fireworks every night you see how they change nightly. Some nights it is spectacular and others it seems less than grand.

Very true...

ToTBellHop

This show will actually be better than Believe...There's Magic in the Stars. It is the same idea as this show, but with greatly increased technology--the same technology Disneyland hopes to incorporate into their 50th anniversary firework spectacular. The funny thing is...with the jokes about Cast Members firing fireworks at Tink during her magical flight...back when Disneyland was premiering the short-lived Light Magic streetacular, they had a fun effect with Tink flying around Main Street and up to the Castle and such--the only problem was twice in a row, she caught on fire and came plummetting to the ground, with CMs having to stomp the flames out! Imagine, the poor little kids watching this parade...errr..."streetacular", watching Tinker Bell die in a ball of flames and get stomped on by CMs! (by the way, this obviously wasn't a human Tink...just electronic).

Regardless, I am definitely excited about this show, but also kinda worried about it in terms of cancellations. I know Disneyland's policies are different, but when they created Believe...they seem to have gotten some incredibly irritating safety standards--basically, if there is any rain or the wind is greater than 5 mph, they cancel the show. I hope this show doesn't suffer the same fate...cuz that would suck. Other than that...bring on Wishes...!

disneyfan20

better than Illuminations??!!

How can anything ever compete with Illuminations!!
For starters it will not have the ground level scenes and effects that epcot has and more Important ,(In my opinion of course)can't ever replace the once In a lifetime experience of the millenium memories.

sorry, just my devotion to my memories!!
but lets not foget,even though you can never replace ROE I am open as always to creating new memories,which Is what has been happening over the last 30 + years and 20+ visits for me.

THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ToTBellHop

There are certainly no guarantees that Wishes will be better than IllumiNations, but one thing it will have is a greater feeling of being SURROUNDED by the fireworks. While IllumiNations has some perimeter fireworks, most of the action still takes place in front of you, so there is that barrier that Wishes will attempt to break. That, and as much as I love IllumiNations (it is my favorite firework spectacular on the planet), it still has that serious theme appropriate to Epcot, and Wishes will have a much more magical, fun theming. Anyone who has seen Believe will know what I'm talking about regarding the differing feels the shows have--both spectacular in their own way, but the fact that wdw will have both styles of firework spectacular will be FANTASTIC. Between those two shows and Fantasmic!, it'll be great, and Wishes will pull some guests away from Fantasmic! and IllumiNations!...while I like Fantasy, it certainly doesn't have the draw of the other two shows night after night, as it is pretty dated. So this new show will be good for the crowds for the other two shows.

mickey04

What does everone think of the name "Wishes?"

I don;t really like it, it just doesn;t sound right- although I don;t know why. :veryconfu I hope they change it before the show debuts. Anyway, it sounds amazing and I can't wait to see it.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by mickey04
What does everone think of the name "Wishes?"

I don;t really like it, it just doesn;t sound right- although I don;t know why. :veryconfu I hope they change it before the show debuts. Anyway, it sounds amazing and I can't wait to see it.

I don't like the name either, but it's just the project name..it will most definitely change before we get the official press release on it--I suspect it'll get a much longer name, like:

When You Wish Upon A Star...

mickey04

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I don't like the name either, but it's just the project name..it will most definitely change before we get the official press release on it--I suspect it'll get a much longer name, like:

I hope so, although I hope its not too long, because I'm sure we'll all be typing it out a lot in the near future..:lol:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by mickey04
I hope so, although I hope its not too long, because I'm sure we'll all be typing it out a lot in the near future..:lol:

Well, we'll have a short name...I mean "Believe...There's Magic in the Stars" is way to long of a name, but everyone just calls it Believe...

TURKEY

How does anyone know how great this show is going to be?

Has anyone actually seen the complete show with complete score? Has anyone even seen just the complete fireworks show and not just random testing?

Katherine

I can't wait to see what disney has up it's sleeve for the new firework show. It sounds like it should be a lot better than the one we have now. Can't wait!

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
How does anyone know how great this show is going to be?

Has anyone actually seen the complete show with complete score? Has anyone even seen just the complete fireworks show and not just random testing?

This show is made to be better than Believe...There's Magic in the Stars--so, if you've seen Believe, you know this will be good:)

mkepcotmgmak

Lets Help Disney Out with naming it... lol... its fun to think about

When You Wish Upon the Stars
Star Light Star Bright
Fantasy in the Sky - wait... taken.. lol
Lights of Wonder
Lights of Fantasy
Fire in the Sky - wait - too scary for the MK... lol
i wish i could come up with one of those combined word names like SpectroMagic, or Fantasmic, or Philharmagic, or Fantillusion...

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
Lets Help Disney Out with naming it... lol... its fun to think about

When You Wish Upon the Stars
Star Light Star Bright
Fantasy in the Sky - wait... taken.. lol
Lights of Wonder
Lights of Fantasy
Fire in the Sky - wait - too scary for the MK... lol
i wish i could come up with one of those combined word names like SpectroMagic, or Fantasmic, or Philharmagic, or Fantillusion...

Phictroasmillusion! Let's see how Jimminy pulls that one off!

"And now, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents, in a million points of musical light, the Magical Worlds of Disney...in Phictroasmillusion!

DarkImage4

If you go to http://disneylandsource.com/main/believe.html, you can find a great video of Believe. Enjoy.

OK...so I just watched this video, and I am impressed. If "wishes" is supposed to be better than "Believe", we are all in for a treat.

BUT, I do have one question. Why does it seem that all of the main firework come from the left of the castle, while all of the other effects seem well spread and even from side to side?

Just curious.....

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by DarkImage4
OK...so I just watched this video, and I am impressed. If "wishes" is supposed to be better than "Believe", we are all in for a treat.

BUT, I do have one question. Why does it seem that all of the main firework come from the left of the castle, while all of the other effects seem well spread and even from side to side?

Just curious.....

Note that at Disneyland, unlike Disney World, Toontown is directly behind Sleeping Beauty Castle as you walk through Fantasyland--therefore, fireworks cannot be fired from right behind the Castle like at Disney World, but rather to the side. The other effects you see that are right over the Castle are actually coming from launch sites in Fantasyland.

Believe is a great show...when it actually plays. I am looking forward to getting a show with new theme music, not just a compilation of our theme park favorites--what would Fantasmic! or IllumiNations! be without their new music (new as in created for the show)?

Also, in terms of Wishes being "better" than IllumiNations!, note that it's been four years since IllumiNations! debuts--there has been great advancement in pyrotechnics in that span, so I would definitely expect to see several new types of magic debuting in front of your eyes this fall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom