New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

Cmdr_Crimson

All the videos videos I've watched so far they have all being talking about lions and lion roars. I wonder if theyonly have one conversation story.
They had mentioned in one article that this was all a test. I guess it has a similarity to when you put three interactive toys together and they all start interacting with each other.

tathompson87

Watching the videos made me smile so hard. What's interesting is most of these "tests" take place in the California parks but they still don't have an actual consistent meet and greet. I doubt any place would have one with more than one character at a time in the near future but the thought is an awesome one. Maybe we can one day get one with 2 characters at a time like Mickey and Minnie, Donald with Daisy or Goofy and Chip and Dale.

I could also see Petes circus using this though. Maybe every now and then they'd interact with who was beside them. Minnie would walk over and talk to Daisy for example. That would be nice.

Jeremy P

I just REALLY wish they would get this whole conversion done at WDW. I know I say this all the time but they have had so much time! I'm super excited they've changed the parades and shows and Mickey's M&G on Main Street but geez, how long does it take for the rest of the M&G's at the parks?

WDWFREAK53

When will they be able to learn from MagicBands?
"Hey Pal, I heard that you rode on Thunder Mountain...were you scared?"
"Hiya Pal, Are you and your sister, "insert name here" having a good time on vacation?"

brb1006

I just REALLY wish they would get this whole conversion done at WDW. I know I say this all the time but they have had so much time! I'm super excited they've changed the parades and shows and Mickey's M&G on Main Street but geez, how long does it take for the rest of the M&G's at the parks?
It's near the end of 2017 and they are still using the old heads for the parades and meet and greets at this point. Meanwhile Disneyland has there's rolled out (Except for Mickey and the Magical Map) while it's everywhere in Hong Kong and Paris at this point.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's near the end of 2017 and they are still using the old heads for the parades and meet and greets at this point. Meanwhile Disneyland has there's rolled out (Except for Mickey and the Magical Map) while it's everywhere in Hong Kong and Paris at this point.

Ice & Live stage shows still use the old heads as well...

No Name

Were Donald, Goofy, etc. changed at all?

They need to get the interactive characters in WDW for meet and greets immediately!!!

I can't understand how someone could look at that video and say they still want the old style. Progress people, progress.

I think the old ones looked better, that's how. Making changes is not always making progress.

AEfx

"Hiya Pal, Are you and your sister, "insert name here" having a good time on vacation?"

I'd like to know, too.

Back when the MagicBandBoondoggle started, that was one of the few direct "guest experience" benefits it supposedly would have. It was cited ad nauseam around these parts by the proponents of the system, using it as the prime example of why it was more than just a fancy, astronomically expensive way to replace the KTTW cards in an attempt to make it even easier for people psychologically to part with their money.

Jeremy P

The parade has changed officially I believe. Both FoF and Boo To You from what I have seen. What's crazy is that Minnie has her new face during the parade at MNSSHP but has her old face in her witch costume that she meets in.

WDWFREAK53

I'd like to know, too.

Back when the MagicBandBoondoggle started, that was one of the few direct "guest experience" benefits it supposedly would have. It was cited ad nauseam around these parts by the proponents of the system, using it as the prime example of why it was more than just a fancy, astronomically expensive way to replace the KTTW cards in an attempt to make it even easier for people psychologically to part with their money.

I remember that along with other attraction enhancement possibilities. Right now we have screens that display names in a few attractions.

Remember of the rumor of the ghostly footsteps following you as you exit the Haunted Mansion?

Amidala

Can't tell if this is exciting or just plain creepy. On the one hand, it would be a cool use of the technology, and I'm all for it. OTOH...it's hard enough skirting the uncanny valley w/ the talking characters as it is. Add an all-knowing/omniscient Mickey to the mix and it gets that much stranger.

WDWFREAK53

Can't tell if this is exciting or just plain creepy. On the one hand, it would be a cool use of the technology, and I'm all for it. OTOH...it's hard enough skirting the uncanny valley w/ the talking characters as it is. Add an all-knowing/omniscient Mickey to the mix and it gets that much stranger.

Psst...Mickey already is "all-knowing"...just behind the scenes at the moment. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom