New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

GiveMeTheMusic

Or Clarabelle since her new look is only seen at Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration.

That's not a new "look" for Clarabelle - it's just her articulated design. Clarabelle is relatively new and doesn't really need a redesign - Goofy should be their top priority IMO, followed by Woody, Jessie and Buzz, which are some of the ugliest, most off-model sculpts the parks have.

brb1006

That's not a new "look" for Clarabelle - it's just her articulated design. Clarabelle is relatively new and doesn't really need a redesign - Goofy should be their top priority IMO, followed by Woody, Jessie and Buzz, which are some of the ugliest, most off-model sculpts the parks have.
I know its not her new look, but I wished they actually used they design in the future.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm just disappointed that we STILL haven't seen a full rollout of the new Mickey and Minnie heads

Even the Disney on Ice shows are now starting to use the new heads..
DoI2.jpg

Jeremy P

Even the Disney on Ice shows are now starting to use the new heads..
DoI2.jpg

I know, it's so crazy to me. If anything, Disney On Ice should be the LAST thing to get them since they're produced by a totally different company than the Walt Disney Company. I think right now, Magic Kingdom is the closest thing to a full rollout we've seen with just Minnie meeting in Fantasyland with her old face. I believe all the parades, shows, and Mickey's M&G have all been changed.

Phil12

I know, it's so crazy to me. If anything, Disney On Ice should be the LAST thing to get them since they're produced by a totally different company than the Walt Disney Company. I think right now, Magic Kingdom is the closest thing to a full rollout we've seen with just Minnie meeting in Fantasyland with her old face. I believe all the parades, shows, and Mickey's M&G have all been changed.
In July, 1955 the Disney characters at Disneyland came from the Ice Capades because Walt neglected to make any costumes for Disneyland.

brb1006

In July, 1955 the Disney characters at Disneyland came from the Ice Capades because Walt neglected to make any costumes for Disneyland.
Apparently Walt actually disliked the Ice Capades costumes and decides to have Disneyland design their own characters back in 1961 to look closer to their cartoon designs.

Donaldfan1934

Personally, I think the whole Mickey debacle speaks to just how far behind WDW is from a management standpoint compared to pretty much all the other resorts worldwide. It's the flagship resort wholly owned by TWDC, yet it consistently gets treated like the red headed step child of the bunch. There's seemingly no logical reason a change this simple should've taken this long to implement at a resort that successful. While many of the recent announcements made back at the D23 Expo this year have instilled hope things will improve, TDO still needs to fix what's already there instead of just adding new attractions while leaving what's already there to remain as is for decades without the necessary upgrades all of the other resorts receive.

Cmdr_Crimson

Even moreso that Feld Entertainment was the first to introduce the Talking Character heads for the Disney Live tour Shows before the Parks started using them in 2006 just a few months later they were introduced in Dream Along with Mickey at MK...
image7.jpg

brb1006

Personally, I think the whole Mickey debacle speaks to just how far behind WDW is from a management standpoint compared to pretty much all the other resorts worldwide. It's the flagship resort wholly owned by TWDC, yet it consistently gets treated like the red headed step child of the bunch. There's seemingly no logical reason a change this simple should've taken this long to implement at a resort that successful. While many of the recent announcements made back at the D23 Expo this year have instilled hope things will improve, TDO still needs to fix what's already there instead of just adding new attractions while leaving what's already there to remain as is for decades without the necessary upgrades all of the other resorts receive.
It's strange because I heard when the old heads that started rolling out sometime in 1989. WDW and DL both got them at the same time.

Donaldfan1934

It's strange because I heard when the old heads that started rolling out sometime in 1989. WDW and DL both got them at the same time.
That's exactly my point. Sure, WDW was a less developed property with less of a need for Mickey and Minnie costumes, but the slow roll out right now is pretty inexcusable for a resort that profitable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom