New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

brb1006

I hope they reconfigure the round shape onto Mickey when they revert back to their normal attire after the holidays, their seasonal costumes look amazing with the new heads! We need a Goofy, Pluto, and Chip & Dale facelift now:)
Chip and Dale also need a good facelift since there current looks had been in use since as early as 1981.

Donaldfan1934

What is wrong with Jessie and Woody ;). My wife complains every time she sees Jessie. She has no neck! I wish they would make them face characters. The only problem would be they would not have the plastic look of toys.
Yes to upgrades, no to face characters. Like you said, their toylike sensibilities would be removed and make them unrecognizable to a Jasmine extent.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

What is wrong with Jessie and Woody ;). My wife complains every time she sees Jessie. She has no neck! I wish they would make them face characters. The only problem would be they would not have the plastic look of toys.

They did make a set of Heads during the first Toy Story on Ice tours....Which actually have necks...
HRP_DOI20_12.woody%20jesse%20buzz.jpg
20120313__16godisnw~1_300.jpg

Although this Pic...Buzz's eyes looks to freaky..
6999974563_4cbdf869f9_b.jpg

garagely

Based on pictures posted so far, I think they're only changed on the Dream and Fantasy so far. I'd guess that maybe the Magic and Wonder won't be until they return from their summer itineraries in Europe and Alaska.

Super late response here, I was actually on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago. They were still using the old heads. I'll have to save my judgement for when I see them in person. Maybe they'll swap when the ship comes out of dry dock?

Speaking of characters that just don't look quite right... has anyone met Boo? I met her for the first time on the Wonder. She was a little unnerving! I think it's an uncanny valley thing for me. She looks more realistic than other child characters I've seen, so it's like a 6 foot toddler twirling around.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Super late response here, I was actually on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago. They were still using the old heads. I'll have to save my judgement for when I see them in person. Maybe they'll swap when the ship comes out of dry dock?

Speaking of characters that just don't look quite right... has anyone met Boo? I met her for the first time on the Wonder. She was a little unnerving! I think it's an uncanny valley thing for me. She looks more realistic than other child characters I've seen, so it's like a 6 foot toddler twirling around.
I've seen Boo and I do agree she's a little un-nerving. They could make her a face character

brb1006

They look weirder when they make Face Character versions of them instead...
1297367117108_ORIGINAL.jpg

And don't get me started on the horrendously freaky Incredibles they use....*Shudders*
Incredibles_RGB.jpg
Then there's Pinocchio.

And here's Pinocchio at a previous show at Disney Cruise Line.

Knowing that Pinocchio is set to appear at the new MK stage show for the Holiday season (Mickey Most Merriest Celebration) I'm a bit worried and curious to see how Pinocchio will be in the new show. They already started giving other moving heads to other characters with "Celebrate The Seasons" (Chip and Dale except Pluto for some reason).

We might not get concept art for the new show, but I don't know if they will stick with Pinocchio as a face character for the show similar to Hook and Smee (Dream Along With Mickey and the HocusPocus show) or they might give him a moving head. Jiminy Cricket on the other hand is possible though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom