New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

Ag11gani

Characters don't roam in Hong Kong, they are almost all in locations. DLR and DLRP have some roaming characters and TDR is almost all roaming.

Don't characters roam at Disneyland

And I have a question, can head pieces for the heads be interchanged? Obviously there held on with something but it seems like a huge hassle to make a new head, if they just want Minnie to have a gold bow per say.

Tinkrbell

Don't characters roam at Disneyland

And I have a question, can head pieces for the heads be interchanged? Obviously there held on with something but it seems like a huge hassle to make a new head, if they just want Minnie to have a gold bow per say.
Of course Minnie can change her bow to match her outfit, no different than how you would change your accessories to match your outfit.

brb1006

Here's a comparison photo for those that still have a difficult time telling the newer looks apart.
Here's a comparison

The most notable would have to be there pupils,mouth shape, and Minnie no longer wearing eyeliner and lipstick.

(1988/1989)
3204747512_5bb56a7067.jpg

(Mid 2016)
CrsLPrMVYAAwDnO.jpg

CrsLPrRUAAAOCgX.jpg

COProgressFan

Also from yesterday featuring Minnie

Thanks for posting that. I love how Disneyland still has lots of little entertainment performances, that are small, simple, and fun. No one is lining up for hours or getting Fastpasses or planning their day around it...but you're on Main Street, and then boom...the band appears, puts on a little show with Mickey and Minnie and its a wonderful surprise.

The last time I was in Disneyland a few years back, we were eating breakfast outside at the Carnation Cafe when Mickey came up the street leading the band. It was exciting, I felt like a little kid. It was exactly what you would expect from Walt's park -- not a showstopping "event" but a charming little thing you'd see on an old "Disneyland" special from the early years of the park.

Sometimes those little spontaneous (at least to guests) events can be a highlight, and sadly WDW seems to have fewer and fewer of those little touches as of late.

mikenatcity1

Thanks for posting that. I love how Disneyland still has lots of little entertainment performances, that are small, simple, and fun. No one is lining up for hours or getting Fastpasses or planning their day around it...but you're on Main Street, and then boom...the band appears, puts on a little show with Mickey and Minnie and its a wonderful surprise.

The last time I was in Disneyland a few years back, we were eating breakfast outside at the Carnation Cafe when Mickey came up the street leading the band. It was exciting, I felt like a little kid. It was exactly what you would expect from Walt's park -- not a showstopping "event" but a charming little thing you'd see on an old "Disneyland" special from the early years of the park.

Sometimes those little spontaneous (at least to guests) events can be a highlight, and sadly WDW seems to have fewer and fewer of those little touches as of late.

YES! I was trying to explain this to someone :)

We were in front of the castle last June (2015) and randomly we heard a band and it turned out to be the Disneyland Band...they played Mickey's fanfare (the same music they used to play on the buses when approaching the Magic Kingdom)...it was such a wonderful moment hearing that live and seeing Mickey come through the castle...something I wish they would do at WDW (or little memories like this).

discos

Here's a comparison photo for those that still have a difficult time telling the newer looks apart.
Looking at those two pictures it seems in the old look Mickey and Minnie's face tone seemed a bit more realistic in coloring, with a bit a shadow and blush on the cheeks. The new look has a more 2-D cartoony feel with a single color used on the whole face.

brb1006

The last time live entertainment was seen at Walt Disney World at it's best would have to be in the mid 90's and early 2000's.

brb1006

YES! I was trying to explain this to someone :)

We were in front of the castle last June (2015) and randomly we heard a band and it turned out to be the Disneyland Band...they played Mickey's fanfare (the same music they used to play on the buses when approaching the Magic Kingdom)...it was such a wonderful moment hearing that live and seeing Mickey come through the castle...something I wish they would do at WDW (or little memories like this).
I remember the characters from Alice In Wonderland not only joined the old Disneyland Band in the past but were able to ride with guests on the carousel.

brb1006

Looking at those two pictures it seems in the old look Mickey and Minnie's face tone seemed a bit more realistic in coloring, with a bit a shadow and blush on the cheeks. The new look has a more 2-D cartoony feel with a single color used on the whole face.
And no more lipstick for Minnie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom