new Mexican restaurant in Epcot

trr1

Original Poster
I did a search and didnt see this
if this isnt new sorry
Details on the new Mexican restaurant in Epcot
http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...ot, Disney News - WDWINFO.COM&content=&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...ot, Disney News - WDWINFO.COM&content=&lng=en

New details have been released about the new restaurant planned for the Mexico pavilion at Walt Disney World's Epcot.

The new 250-seat restaurant will be called La Hacienda de San Angel and will open at 4 pm daily for dinner. According to the Disney Parks Blog, the menu will include appetizers such as queso fundido; black bean soup; and a taco trio of rib eye, roasted chicken and pork. For the main course, enjoy a mixed grill for two with flank steak, chicken, chorizo and veggies; roasted shrimp in pepper garlic broth; flank steak with spring onions; refried beans and cactus leaves; and grilled red snapper with roasted corn and cactus leaves. Dessert choices will be chocolate churros, sweet tamales and fruit empanadas.

La Cantina de San Angel will get a new look with 150 outdoor seats. The restaurant will open at 11 am every day with chicken and beef tacos, nachos, and churros.

Rob562

This is what's going into the building replacing the old Cantina building along the lagoon.
Previous fairly-reliable rumors say that once the outdoor table service place is up and running, San Angel Inn will close for a refurb and a bump up to a SIgnature restaurant.

-Rob

mickey2008.1

with the new hacienda, does epcot really need another signature restaurant if canada is going that way? San Angel has a great atmosphere, let the average paying customer enjoy it. While hacienda beocmes signature for fire works,

Rob562

When is San Angel Inn going down? I have an ADR there in August and have heard nothing.

Seeing as how the outdoor construction won't be done for at least a few more months, you're fine. Plus, Disney hasn't officially announced the refurb of San Angel Inn, so it's still all rumor/presumption until that point.

-Rob

gmajew

This is the worst food in the park really hope they take up the quality here and go authentic Mexican. In one of the places.

radiohost

San Angel Inn back in the 90's was our families prime time dining location for each trip....Big menu, amazing apps, and of course the best lunch menu/dinner menu in the whole resort imo...

That was the 1990's...

Then came DD, and now its just fallen completely. The food is not good. We go for one thing and one thing only, it still has the best seating envioronment on property.

Even my co worker Angel from my college program said the food was awful when we went there for dinner one night with us BTM workers, and he was FROM MEXICO!!!

Hope a new menu comes soon.

PhilharMagician

When is San Angel Inn going down? I have an ADR there in August and have heard nothing.
Nothing to worry about. La Hacienda de San Angel will open late September early October. They would not think of shutting down San Angel until this happens.

I was considering San Angel for our Spring trip in March or April, so I'm curious as well, to know when it will be going down.

Unless they do change it to a Signature Dining location, I would not expect much of a refurb to happen. Right now another rumor is going around that LeCellier is to be convert to Signature. I am not sure where these rumors are coming from, but it is hard to believe that 2 restaurants would be converted that fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom