new Mexican restaurant in Epcot

Buried20KLeague

Anyone have any idea on the historicals as to when they might start taking ADR's if they're talking about a late Sept/early Oct open?

We've got a trip the first two weeks of Oct, and I'd love to get into this place and Via Napoli both, and I'm just wondering when ADR's might open up.

I seem to recall for some reason that the last few places that have opened have operated without ADR's for a little while at first... Like 30 days maybe? I don't remember for sure. Seems like that's what happened at Yak and Yeti.

Anyone have any thoughts?

PhilharMagician

Anyone have any idea on the historicals as to when they might start taking ADR's if they're talking about a late Sept/early Oct open?

We've got a trip the first two weeks of Oct, and I'd love to get into this place and Via Napoli both, and I'm just wondering when ADR's might open up.

I seem to recall for some reason that the last few places that have opened have operated without ADR's for a little while at first... Like 30 days maybe? I don't remember for sure. Seems like that's what happened at Yak and Yeti.

I think your right. I remember that also when The Wave & Sanaa opened.

klineski96

Coverting a restaurant from a table service to signature dining, whether it's Canada, Mexico or where ever...

What exactly does that mean? What are the main differences? What changes are made to the menu, to the restaurant itself etc...?

:shrug:

(Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I figured here is the best place to ask!)

PhilharMagician

Coverting a restaurant from a table service to signature dining, whether it's Canada, Mexico or where ever...

What exactly does that mean? What are the main differences? What changes are made to the menu, to the restaurant itself etc...?

:shrug:

(Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I figured here is the best place to ask!)

It means that the meals get fancier, but smaller and all for a much higher price. You also will have to wear business attire when eating at these locations. I personally feel this is fine for resort dining, but who the heck is dressed in business attire in a theme park on a hot humid summer day in Florida? We have done it by carrying a change of clothes in a backpack, but what a PITA!

One of the good things would be that a few of the tables would most likely be removed which would give some needed room in some of the areas in the restaurants.

Many if not all of the items on the current menus would change.

Rob562

I am not sure where these rumors are coming from, but it is hard to believe that 2 restaurants would be converted that fast.

The rumors about San Angel Inn come from a source a year or two ago, before any of the dining refurbs happened. The new tequilla bar, as well as the demolition and re-construction of the Cantina outside were all part of that rumor and have all since come true. It stands to reason that the final part of it, the San Angel Inn refurb and upgrade to Signature is valid as well.

To the best of my knowledge, the Le Cellier rumor only came from a single unverified source, which was someone's friend's child who is a server at Le Cellier. Take that one with as many grains of salt as you wish.

It means that the meals get fancier, but smaller and all for a much higher price. You also will have to wear business attire when eating at these locations. I personally feel this is fine for resort dining, but who the heck is dressed in business attire in a theme park on a hot humid summer day in Florida? We have done it by carrying a change of clothes in a backpack, but what a PITA!

Right now, the only in-park Signature Restaurant (at least in terms of the DDP) is the Brown Derby, and it does *not* follow the Business-casual dress code that the Signatures at the hotels do. Even Bistro de Paris (which is not on the DDP at all but can definitely be considered a "Signature restaurant") does not have a dress code apart from the overall dress code that applies to the park. I woudln't expect an upgraded San Angel Inn to adopt a more restrictive dress code, either.

-Rob

PhilharMagician

The rumors about San Angel Inn come from a source a year or two ago, before any of the dining refurbs happened. The new tequilla bar, as well as the demolition and re-construction of the Cantina outside were all part of that rumor and have all since come true. It stands to reason that the final part of it, the San Angel Inn refurb and upgrade to Signature is valid as well.

To the best of my knowledge, the Le Cellier rumor only came from a single unverified source, which was someone's friend's child who is a server at Le Cellier. Take that one with as many grains of salt as you wish.

I clearly remember when the rumors about the tranformation of Mexico came out and even a press release from Disney. I just don't remember seeing anything about San Angel going signature.

Here, I found the press release.

Dining changes coming to Mexico Pavilion
Sep 22, 2007

Disney today out out a press release announcing some changes to the Mexico dining.

"By summer 2008, a new tequila bar opens adjacent to San Angel Inn Restaurante in the Mexico pavilion, and the outdoor Cantina de San Angel expands, with more seating and a new menu. "

Right now, the only in-park Signature Restaurant (at least in terms of the DDP) is the Brown Derby, and it does *not* follow the Business-casual dress code that the Signatures at the hotels do. Even Bistro de Paris (which is not on the DDP at all but can definitely be considered a "Signature restaurant") does not have a dress code apart from the overall dress code that applies to the park. I woudln't expect an upgraded San Angel Inn to adopt a more restrictive dress code, either.

-Rob
I have never visited The Brown Derby, but Bistro de Paris is business casual attire. At least is was in 08' when I was there last.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Evey time we go to Yachtsman Steakhouse, Cali Grill, Bistro de Paris, Artist Point or Jike there is always at least one family in there in their sweaty tank tops, T-shirts and swim trunks wearing baseball caps.

Rob562

I have never visited The Brown Derby, but Bistro de Paris is business casual attire. At least is was in 08' when I was there last.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Evey time we go to Yachtsman Steakhouse, Cali Grill, Bistro de Paris, Artist Point or Jike there is always at least one family in there in their sweaty tank tops, T-shirts and swim trunks wearing baseball caps.

I stand corrected on Bistro. Double-checked the page on the WDW website, and the "business casual" dress code is listed:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/bistro-de-paris/

(Though there is no dress code listed for Brown Derby, which is a Dining Plan Signature restaurant...)
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-brown-derby/

I'll poke around and see what I can find about the early rumors about Mexico and the San Angel Inn... It wasn't in a press release, it was someone with inside info. Not even sure it was originally here on WDWMagic.

-Rob

dreamfinder

Sounds about right. Gives them time to see how long it takes people to eat their meals, how many tables actually work well in the restaurant, stuff that lets them figure out how many seatings they can take and how fast they can turn them over. It's much easier to tell someone at the podium that they can't take any more seatings for the day than to tell someone who made a ADR that they won't be able to accommodate them. Kind of an extended soft opening.

janoimagine

I used to think the same thing until our recent trip and we tried The Coral Reef for the first and last time.

Agreed. The Coral Reef and the San Angel Inn are tied on my list for worst table service establishments in a theme park. Which is sad because the view in both are incredible.

stlbobby

You also will have to wear business attire when eating at these locations. I personally feel this is fine for resort dining, but who the heck is dressed in business attire in a theme park on a hot humid summer day in Florida? We have done it by carrying a change of clothes in a backpack, but what a PITA!

On future trips I wouldn't bring the change of clothes, even for the top end resort dining, except V&A's. There is a business casual dress code but it is hardly enforced. The only things I have ever even heard of being rejected are cut-offs, obvious swimwear, and "wifebeater" tank tops. If you are wearing shorts and a clean t-shirt they will seat you, especially if it is obvious you are coming straight from a park. I have seen some really rough looking outfits in places such as Citrico's and the California Grill.

I am sure if these EPCOT eateries go signature the dress code will be even more relaxed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom