New Merida Rumor?

mm121

Maybe if Merida moves in, they can kick Rapunzel out and give her and Flynn a proper meet-and-greet again somewhere else. Wishful thinking, I know.
they should of built them something by her tower.

It would have been cool if each ride/location had a princess meet and greet (For example, Belle (minus enchanted tales) meeting at her cottage (or in the village with Gaston?), Snow White meeting at the mines, Ariel at her ride and Rapunzel near the bathrooms). It spreads the girls out and allows some of the princesses without rides/locations (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Merida, Mulan, etc) to meet more consistently at the Hall. And gives atmosphere to these newly created areas. I like how, in Epcot, you can be walking down the street and see Mary Poppins or Snow White out and about. It gives life to area and I think seeing Flynn and Rapunzel hanging out under their lanterns would be cool. Just my opinion anyway.
putting them by their respective areas does seem like a logical answer unfortunately disney doesn't always think logically.

I think Disney were pretty short sighted when they build all these new Princess meet and greet areas in the Magic Kingdom. They have an area for each 'main' Princess (so basically all of them except Mulan and Pocahontas), but have left no room to add anymore in the future without building something new or getting rid of one of the Princesses that they already have meeting. They should have built an area at the Mine train for Snow White and kept the Tangled bathrooms as a Rapunzel meet and greet. This would allow them to put Anna, Elsa and maybe even Merida in the Fairytale Hall. Or they could have just moved Merida to the Fairytale Hall and had Anna and Elsa in the current Merida meet and greet area which would take the pressure of the Frozen meet and greet at Epcot.
pocahontas would fit in well at Animal Kingdom,

I don't hate it, but have been saying for years the Speedway seems woefully outdated and out of place. Even new electric cars with "futuristic" shells would be an improvement over what is there.

Wiping it out would give them enough space for a whole new land in that corner of the park but given they're "breaking ground" on Avatar and only do one project at a time these days, I'd hazard we have at least 10 years to wait for anything to be done with the Speedway area. Until then, I'll stick with my late night rides around the Speedway when the wait is only 10 minutes.

that is definitely a big area that seems like it could be untilized better. i do like the idea of futuristic cars though, along with a futuristic retheme to make it fit more with tommorrowland that its right next to

though in reality space shouldn't really be in an issue as the parks have more than enough land to expland park borders if they wished. along with my empty and under utilized buildings at some of the parks.

Fantaseer

It would be REALLY cool if they would utilize the big brown gate between "it's a small world" and the Tangled rest area to make a small alcove that intertwined the Tangled land with the Fantasyland theme and have Flynn and Rapunzel meet there, maybe even add a real version of Pascal as an animatronic or just a cool photo op. And, with an empty space in the Princess Fairytale Hall, move Merida in and Anna and Elsa into the Fairytale Garden. Maybe even have something like a "Frozen Freeze" with adding frost and ice to walls and doors, never forgetting some plastic frozen dewdrop trees and plants.

dstrawn9889

how about gutting DQ and placing all the M&G's there, every character has a home start on 5 and work your way out, full day park ticket pricing. force feed the people one after another until they leave with a $50.00 sig book full of everyone there. no passing up Pocohontas honey, there is but one line from 5th floor elevator to another elevator down to 4, rinse and repeat.

joanna71985

When we went to see Merida last summer, they weren't doing the archery practice like they did in the beginning. Maybe it was just a busy day? I thought they had done away with it, too.

Anna and Elsa would make a lot of sense at MK, as WS doesn't even open until 11:00 officially. I'm scared to see what the line would look like though. I guess the only challenge would be the setup, as Belle, Rapunzel, and Merida all had a "meet and play" type of experience. It could be done, it would just create a nightmarish line while everyone waits for the next "set". I guess it couldn't be much worse than it is now at Epcot.

Oh no, trust me- the archery is still there. Busy days don't have anything to do with it, but there are reasons why it wouldn't be done that day

psherman42

It would be REALLY cool if they would utilize the big brown gate between "it's a small world" and the Tangled rest area to make a small alcove that intertwined the Tangled land with the Fantasyland theme and have Flynn and Rapunzel meet there, maybe even add a real version of Pascal as an animatronic or just a cool photo op. And, with an empty space in the Princess Fairytale Hall, move Merida in and Anna and Elsa into the Fairytale Garden. Maybe even have something like a "Frozen Freeze" with adding frost and ice to walls and doors, never forgetting some plastic frozen dewdrop trees and plants.
I'd love to see a Rapunzel/Flynn meet and greet near the new Tangled restrooms, however that gate is one of the emergency evacuation spots in the park.

mahnamahna101

Magic Kingdom could add 35-50 acres to its current borders if they were willing to move backstage areas and build past the railroad.

Half of World Showcase is filled with expansion pads and an unused show building in Germany

Future World has an expansion pad and Wonders of Life lying empty

Hollywood Studios is trickier... there's the expansion pad by Echo Lake if they rework backstage space, quite a bit of space if they bulldoze the B&TB stage (originally a Roger Rabbit mini-land was supposed to be near here), LMA, the empty soundstage by Toy Story Midway Mania, and an empty Premier Theater

Animal Kingdom has plenty... after Avatar, with some reworking they could easily have enough room for Beastly Kingdom, Australia and other regions. Asia has enough space for an E-ticket family dark ride while Africa could easily fit a Fantasyland-sized one, Dinoland is a massive misuse of space.

There's plenty of room within and around the parks for expansion. Disney simply chooses not to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom