New Merida Rumor?

novawildcat18

Perhaps in front of the Tangled Tower like the Imagineers intended.
I thought the problem with that was that they stopped building the area that was designated to be a meet-and-greet. I don't know what the original plans were but with the way that the finished product is, I don't think there's room for a meet-and-greet. Is it possible for them to add one now?

NowInc

I thought the problem with that was that they stopped building the area that was designated to be a meet-and-greet. I don't know what the original plans were but with the way that the finished product is, I don't think there's room for a meet-and-greet. Is it possible for them to add one now?

In theory...yes. IF they gutted out the former bathrooms for peter pan (that were initially supposed to be a new que for the ride), you could do a m&g area in there, and its right across from the tangled bathrooms.

tl77

I think we will see the Dwarfs make some random appearances also around the 7DMT for the first few months.

I'm pretty sure that Snow White and the Dwarfs are part of the new Festival of Fantasy parade, and it used to be (maybe still is) that you'd get random appearances from the characters before and after the 3pm parade, the best time to look for Alice and the Mad Hatter at the Tea Cups was the hour before the afternoon parade

mm52200

I'm pretty sure that Snow White and the Dwarfs are part of the new Festival of Fantasy parade, and it used to be (maybe still is) that you'd get random appearances from the characters before and after the 3pm parade, the best time to look for Alice and the Mad Hatter at the Tea Cups was the hour before the afternoon parade
Not quite. Some of the characters who are in the parades will do sets in the morning and it's the same friends of those characters. But most of the time it's a separate set of friends of the characters who do meet and greets and the parades.

tl77

Not quite. Some of the characters who are in the parades will do sets in the morning and it's the same friends of those characters. But most of the time it's a separate set of friends of the characters who do meet and greets and the parades.

Ok this is different now, but I'm talking like 20 years ago or so...

Timothy_Q

Can't people spell out an actual name just once before using an abbreviation? Even things one might think is easy can be very confusing to others. I know if I see NFL, even on these boards, I'm thinking football not where ETwB is.

I prefer FLE over NFL

Matt_Black

Can't people spell out an actual name just once before using an abbreviation? Even things one might think is easy can be very confusing to others. I know if I see NFL, even on these boards, I'm thinking football not where ETwB is.

It's worse when they abbreviate Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, as those initials have a much more famous connotation, and is both inappropriate and hilarious when used in context with a Disney World attraction.

wdrive

I think Disney were pretty short sighted when they build all these new Princess meet and greet areas in the Magic Kingdom. They have an area for each 'main' Princess (so basically all of them except Mulan and Pocahontas), but have left no room to add anymore in the future without building something new or getting rid of one of the Princesses that they already have meeting. They should have built an area at the Mine train for Snow White and kept the Tangled bathrooms as a Rapunzel meet and greet. This would allow them to put Anna, Elsa and maybe even Merida in the Fairytale Hall. Or they could have just moved Merida to the Fairytale Hall and had Anna and Elsa in the current Merida meet and greet area which would take the pressure of the Frozen meet and greet at Epcot.

Matt_Black

I think Disney were pretty short sighted when they build all these new Princess meet and greet areas in the Magic Kingdom. They have an area for each 'main' Princess (so basically all of them except Mulan and Pocahontas), but have left no room to add anymore in the future without building something new or getting rid of one of the Princesses that they already have meeting. They should have built an area at the Mine train for Snow White and kept the Tangled bathrooms as a Rapunzel meet and greet. This would allow them to put Anna, Elsa and maybe even Merida in the Fairytale Hall. Or they could have just moved Merida to the Fairytale Hall and had Anna and Elsa in the current Merida meet and greet area which would take the pressure of the Frozen meet and greet at Epcot.

Well, the basic concept of Fairytale Hall is pretty good, as it's supposed to be one "main" princess and one "visiting" princess on each side. So, with more princesses, you could vary it up a bit. For example, on the Rapunzel side, have Snow in the morning, then Anna in the afternoon, then Merida in the evening, or something.

cheezbat

Or they can just expand Fantasyland and demo the dang Speedway. Then they can add a meet n greet for Frozen and whatever else, as well as some more dark rides and maybe an E-ticket.

I hate that gawdy Speedway more and more everyday.

Master Gracey 5

Or they can just expand Fantasyland and demo the dang Speedway. Then they can add a meet n greet for Frozen and whatever else, as well as some more dark rides and maybe an E-ticket.

I hate that gawdy Speedway more and more everyday.

I don't hate it, but have been saying for years the Speedway seems woefully outdated and out of place. Even new electric cars with "futuristic" shells would be an improvement over what is there.

Wiping it out would give them enough space for a whole new land in that corner of the park but given they're "breaking ground" on Avatar and only do one project at a time these days, I'd hazard we have at least 10 years to wait for anything to be done with the Speedway area. Until then, I'll stick with my late night rides around the Speedway when the wait is only 10 minutes.

Biff215

They didn't

When we went to see Merida last summer, they weren't doing the archery practice like they did in the beginning. Maybe it was just a busy day? I thought they had done away with it, too.

Anna and Elsa would make a lot of sense at MK, as WS doesn't even open until 11:00 officially. I'm scared to see what the line would look like though. I guess the only challenge would be the setup, as Belle, Rapunzel, and Merida all had a "meet and play" type of experience. It could be done, it would just create a nightmarish line while everyone waits for the next "set". I guess it couldn't be much worse than it is now at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom