New Maps for All Stars with smoking sections!

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
According to my inside CM, the new All Stars Resorts maps complete with smoking section are available. CM has only seen map for Music, and states there are four areas available: one near the food court, one near a pool, and two other ones apparantly equidistand away. CM states that the four areas are well spaced through the Music resort, so none seem too far away from anything else. CM also claims that the fines have gone into effect, $250-$500. They have been told not to offer the information unless specifically asked about smoking accomodations, and they have NOT been directed as of yet to inform smoking guests of the fines in effect - they are to reiterate that the only smoking areas available at the resort are the four areas.

May have access to the maps soon.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
According to my inside CM, the new All Stars Resorts maps complete with smoking section are available. CM has only seen map for Music, and states there are four areas available: one near the food court, one near a pool, and two other ones apparantly equidistand away. CM states that the four areas are well spaced through the Music resort, so none seem too far away from anything else. CM also claims that the fines have gone into effect, $250-$500. They have been told not to offer the information unless specifically asked about smoking accomodations, and they have NOT been directed as of yet to inform smoking guests of the fines in effect - they are to reiterate that the only smoking areas available at the resort are the four areas.

May have access to the maps soon.

Can they really fine guests if they are not informing them of the consequences? :eek:

Krozar

100% non-smoking hotels and resorts have just made things a lot worse. Since smokers don't just disappear off the face of the earth, they will just smoke it up in all the rooms. Now when I stay in a non-smoking hotel, the rooms smell like smoke.

c133125

100% non-smoking hotels and resorts have just made things a lot worse. Since smokers don't just disappear off the face of the earth, they will just smoke it up in all the rooms. Now when I stay in a non-smoking hotel, the rooms smell like smoke.
Then they should be shot...

..out of a cannon and into the sun.

-SIR-

I can confirm that all of the resorts have recieved these allthough we are not giving them out right now unless a guest asks because we are trying to use up all of the old maps.

The no smoking policy is on the new registration cards you sign when you check in, along with the fines for smoking as well.

unkadug

I can confirm that all of the resorts have recieved these allthough we are not giving them out right now unless a guest asks because we are trying to use up all of the old maps.

The no smoking policy is on the new registration cards you sign when you check in, along with the fines for smoking as well.

That just sounds cheap! :eek:

"We have new information for our guests, but we are not giving it to them until the outdated information is used up." :lookaroun :rolleyes:

Laura

Premium Member
Can they really fine guests if they are not informing them of the consequences? :eek:

Seems fair to me. If you're smoking in the room that you've been specifically told not to smoke in you're essentially damaging the property. I don't expect that I can check in a hotel room and smash the television into pieces and not have to pay for it. If people want to be classless and not follow the rules, then there should be consequences and I don't think Disney necessarily has a responsibility to warn of these consequences beforehand. It's not like when you walk into the gates of the Magic Kingdom they hand you a list of all the bad things you could possibly do to get in trouble and thrown out of the park...they just expect you to use common sense.

Nemo14

Seems fair to me. If you're smoking in the room that you've been specifically told not to smoke in you're essentially damaging the property. I don't expect that I can check in a hotel room and smash the television into pieces and not have to pay for it. If people want to be classless and not follow the rules, then there should be consequences and I don't think Disney necessarily has a responsibility to warn of these consequences beforehand. It's not like when you walk into the gates of the Magic Kingdom they hand you a list of all the bad things you could possibly do to get in trouble and thrown out of the park...they just expect you to use common sense.
What is this "common sense" thing that you speak of? :lol:

Champion

You don't need to know what the punishment for a crime is in order to commit it.

For example, are there signs on stop signs saying "Running this stop sign will be a $100 fine" ?

The only thing I don't know is if this is actually a LAW that you can't smoke except in the smoking areas.

That just sounds cheap!

"We have new information for our guests, but we are not giving it to them until the outdated information is used up."

I couldn't care less where the smoking areas are. Why information to people that don't need it. If smokers need the new maps, they get them. Everyone else doesn't, because they don't need to know where they are.

The word to use here is "Fee" not "Fine". The fine implies that a cast memeber will right you a ticket for violating the smoking policy. In actuality you will be assessed a "deep cleaning" fee if you smoke in your room or on your balcony.

As for smoking anywhere other then the designated outdoor smoking areas, all that can be done is to inform the guest of the permissible areas to smoke.

Krozar

Despite the fee, people will continue to do it. We should all know how spiteful some smokers can be, or anyone in general when directed not to do something. It's just our "self first" culture. Such things rarely get enforced. A lot of people just don't want to deal with the conflict that will ensue.

CM: "Sir, this room smells like smoke"
G: "I know, smelled like that when we checked in"
CM: "None of the rooms should smell like smoke, they are checked"
G: "I KNOOOOW you did not just call me a liar"
CM: "I am just sa.."
G: "You know where liars go? THEY GO TO HELL. You saying you are God and going to send me to hell?"
CM: "but..."
G: "What, you waivering now? You don't even have a clue what's going on do you? Can't even talk straight, son.

Day in, day out... gets old

unkadug

You don't need to know what the punishment for a crime is in order to commit it.
No, but you need to know that it IS a crime.
For example, are there signs on stop signs saying "Running this stop sign will be a $100 fine" ?
No, you should have learned this when you studied for your driving test!
The only thing I don't know is if this is actually a LAW that you can't smoke except in the smoking areas.
That's my point. If the guests are not informed at all of the rule then they can't be held responsible. But it HAS already been pointed out that the rules are written on the registration card. So the whole thing is moot. :wave:
I couldn't care less where the smoking areas are. Why information to people that don't need it. If smokers need the new maps, they get them. Everyone else doesn't, because they don't need to know where they are.
I get your point. It was just the way it sounded. :wave:

FloridaPhill

So can you tell me which block/blocks were no smoking before. At least then I will have a chance of requesting accomodation in that block when I stay there next year.

Iakona

Doesn't have to be a law. You are on private property and the rules are stated on the card when you check in. In addition, usually, each room has a placard informing you that it is a non-smoking room/hotel as well as on the door where you slide your key.
Therefore you smoke, you pay more.

gsimpson

many hotels charge a cleaning fee

A lot of the chain hotels like Marriot, Hilton, etc have charged steep "cleaning fees" if you chose to ignore the fact you are in a no smoking room and they have been doing so for years. Some of the Marriot Residence inns will charge you the equivalent of 2 weeks stay. I personally happen to loathe the smell of cig-anything smoke so when I check into a non-smoking room and it smells to high heaven I will ask the front desk to move me, so it is an actual cost for the hotel when someone stinks up a room for them and from what I understand it can be quite time consuming to purge the smell from the fabrics in the room. For some reason a small percentage of the smoking public believes that it is their civil right to smoke but it is not my civil right to not smoke after them. Even though I am a non-smoker I continue to vote against smoking bans but only because I dislike government interference in private business, I think it should be up to the business owner to decide which customers he wants.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In the latest DVC Member newsletter, there was an insert regarding the new no-smoking policy at all WDW-owned and operated resorts, including DVC properties. Included was the following:

"The new policy applies to all Guest rooms, patios, and balconies, and designates outdoor smoking areas at all resorts affected by the change. Guests who violate the policy by smoking in their rooms, or on their rooms' balconies or patios, will be assessed a room-recovery fee (no impact on Members' Annual Dues) to cover the costs of a deep-cleaning process, which may include the replacement of air filters, extraction of carpet, and the cleaning or replacing of drapes, comforters, blankets, and pillows."

So that $250-500 fine for smoking mentioned previously, if assessed, will only be the tip of the iceberg at DVC properties.

Every room will be checked after guest checkout, and if it smells like smoke, expect a bill.

gsimpson said:
Even though I am a non-smoker I continue to vote against smoking bans but only because I dislike government interference in private business, I think it should be up to the business owner to decide which customers he wants.
I agree with you on this. If you don't want to smell smoke, go somewhere that doesn't allow it. There are, and will be, plenty of establishments that cater to the non-smoking crowd.

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
A lot of the chain hotels like Marriot, Hilton, etc have charged steep "cleaning fees" if you chose to ignore the fact you are in a no smoking room and they have been doing so for years. Some of the Marriot Residence inns will charge you the equivalent of 2 weeks stay. I personally happen to loathe the smell of cig-anything smoke so when I check into a non-smoking room and it smells to high heaven I will ask the front desk to move me, so it is an actual cost for the hotel when someone stinks up a room for them and from what I understand it can be quite time consuming to purge the smell from the fabrics in the room. For some reason a small percentage of the smoking public believes that it is their civil right to smoke but it is not my civil right to not smoke after them. Even though I am a non-smoker I continue to vote against smoking bans but only because I dislike government interference in private business, I think it should be up to the business owner to decide which customers he wants.

Funny. First I started getting a little riled up at the line about some smokers believing it's a civil right to smoke but not your right to clean air. Then I finished reading!!! Wish there were more non-smokers out there like you - interested in what is really happening (government interference in private business) instead of what they THINK is happening.

mbly

Smoking

I agree that as Americans you have the right to smoke, just like you have the right to drink booze. But on private propery they have the right to enact their own rules. I don't think the govt has the right to tell anyone how live their life. But private property owners have the right to set the rules on their property. I don't smoke but the Disney has right set thet own agenda. Whether I agree or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom