New Magic Kingdom Map

Lord Fozzinator

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Space Mountain
IMG_0720.jpeg

After going under the peoplemover track, a large white structure looms over the plaza. This is the iconic Space Mountain, a roller coaster through outer space. This refurb will breath new life into this iconic attraction with design inspiration from the original space mountain concept art. A short outside queue covered by canopies preludes the space station entrance. We enter through large metal doors as a light blue glow fills the area as the door opens. We walk through a hallway, on the sides of the walls are windows where we can look into rooms where events such as a robot cook preparing dinner for the crew or a hair salon doing the hair of famous celebrities. We exit into a large observatory, we walk around a large projector where we can see the planets and the stars of the universe which is done with a 3-D projection on the roof similar to Guardians Of The Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. We enter into a white meeting room where we can see tablets with information about the galaxy and a holo-projector that shows the planets of the solar system on the table, screens on the walls show the different galaxies of the universe. We enter into a large white office with modern and sleek looking furniture, this office holds 1 of 4 pre shows. We see the director of the space mission Commander Stella Nova in animatronic form. He is voiced by Nathan Fillion. “Welcome one and all to this one of a kind space mission. Against my better judgement, the board of directors wanted inexperienced tourists to direct this space exploration mission, for public relations. Or something like that, I don’t really care as long as the mission is a success. You all will actually not even pilot the ships themselves, you are there just to supervise the AI piloting the ships. That never backfires. Anyways you better get on your way to the ships”. We exit the room and enter into a large loading dock with screens on the walls showing safety instructions for the coaster. Large supply crates litter the loading dock, as we go through the loading dock we see that the original loading stations of 2 has been increased to 4. We enter into the newly designed space ships. The newly designed are red and white, comfier seats, the space ship car amount is increased to 4 instead of the 3, and double seats. We leave the docking area and enter into outer space as we see Commander Stella Nova in the control tower, we are being launched by a catapult outside the space station. Stella Nova: “Launching in 5,4,3,2,1, blast off”. We are launched into outer space at top speed. We go past a replica of earth and turn a sharp right. We then spin around Saturn and slingshot into the space outside of the solar system. We then make an inversion and make a sharp left. We then go past a large green and blue planet, then go up a lift hill and drop down past an asteroid. We turn left and then right, go down. At this point I’m only going to write down the important bits. We go past a gas giant and turn left. We enter back into the space station as the control tower crew welcome us back. We exit the docking bay and into the TRON gift shop.

I might need some help refining some of the details. Help is appreciated.
My ideas:

We enter the queue on a rustic cabin of something of the Deep South, the queue has multiple elements in it, a window in the queue has uncle remus telling Johnny a story as we enter it. At the end we board the rafts which look like homemade rafts Brer Rabbit would have made, as for the ride itself, we go under the Rivers of America and we see a scene of uncle Remus starting to tell Johnny and the other kids from song of the south (see Disney wiki) and as we go pass them, a magic whirlwind appears out of the book Remus is reading and stays with us as we travel though the tunnel before getting to the island, which is just like splash, at the end after we pass Brer Rabbit, fox and bear under the rivers of America, we see Remus finishing the book and we unload and enter the briar patch gift shop where SotS merch is sold, and the photo shop from Disneyland’s splash is near the exit of the briar patch.

What do you think @Muppetsfan#1?

Lord Fozzinator

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My ideas:

We enter the queue on a rustic cabin of something of the Deep South, the queue has multiple elements in it, a window in the queue has uncle remus telling Johnny a story as we enter it. At the end we board the rafts which look like homemade rafts Brer Rabbit would have made, as for the ride itself, we go under the Rivers of America and we see a scene of uncle Remus starting to tell Johnny and the other kids from song of the south (see Disney wiki) and as we go pass them, a magic whirlwind appears out of the book Remus is reading and stays with us as we travel though the tunnel before getting to the island, which is just like splash, at the end after we pass Brer Rabbit, fox and bear under the rivers of America, we see Remus finishing the book and we unload and enter the briar patch gift shop where SotS merch is sold, and the photo shop from Disneyland’s splash is near the exit of the briar patch.

What do you think @Muppetsfan#1?
I like it. It has a good blend of SOTS and splash mountain. I like the queue and how it could theoretically fit in Frontierland.

So uh about that. Since I joined Pi’s game I have been working nonstop on the map of the land we are doing, so I have not been able to work on anything but that. The attraction buildouts will be taking place after the game is finished. They will not be forgotten just on hold.
Good! Have fun in your expedition! I’m just watching the river on where the 14 contestants departed and I’m just… alone. Just waiting without a care… am considering swimming to the boat to hear @Pi on my Cake ks corny jokes… what should I do?

J4546

I think the area north of Tron where the retention pond is could be drained and made into a massive indoor little mermaid themed area like tokyo. move LM over a bit and theme entrance area as tritons kingdom and redo space as entry to underwater area on other side of tracks. Or keep circus and put LM building into indoor space....thatd prob be better but in drawing i did the first option. and use old LM space for either a new ride or an extension of 7dwarves cutting through a haunted forest with a new lifthill and showscene added.

Attachments

• MK Mermaid Lagoon 7 Dwarves.jpg
    MK Mermaid Lagoon 7 Dwarves.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 37

Lord Fozzinator

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I think the area north of Tron where the retention pond is could be drained and made into a massive indoor little mermaid themed area like tokyo. move LM over a bit and theme entrance area as tritons kingdom and redo space as entry to underwater area on other side of tracks. Or keep circus and put LM building into indoor space....thatd prob be better but in drawing i did the first option. and use old LM space for either a new ride or an extension of 7dwarves cutting through a haunted forest with a new lifthill and showscene added.
Sorry that I responded to your suggestion so late, I kinda forgot about the thread. Overall it is a very good idea, it is really all about feasibility. I can’t really talk about feasibility because most of my projects are infeasible, but dredging up an entire lake and making it stable is kind of a bit too much. I still like the idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom