New Magic Kingdom Guidemap Cover

Laura

Premium Member
Wait, you don't already grab a stack on your way out of a park just because?

Laura, I thought you were more of a Disney geek than that. :ROFLOL:

AEfx

Well, of course I do that. But this time I grabbed them because I liked them, and not just "because". :lookaroun

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure MK is back to the Jack Sparrow cover...I remember being amused that they got rid of of the Pirates cover during the PotC refurb, and the brought it back as soon as the attraction reopened last week. I'm like 90% sure the MLF covers were just a filler:wave:

hpyhnt 1000

:lol::lol: You just made me want to moon the new Nemo ride. :lol::lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that when I first read that. :lol:

Really, only NOW they decide to put MILF (that's a horrible acronym isn't it? :lookaroun) on the cover of the guidemap? Man, that SM refurb can't come soon enough. And I agree with those who want something different for Epcot. Nemo has been on the cover for so long. When was the last time Spaceship Earth was on the cover? (I think it was for the Millennium, which was 8 years ago!)

CThaddeus

Unless it has changed since last Thursday, Disneyland has had The Indiana Jones Adventure on the cover for the last month to promote all of the Indy stuff going on in Adventureland.

Fun2BFree

Gah! I hate the way that Disney are pushing MiLF- on a recent official WDW brochure I was sent, MK's "must-see" attractions were listed as: Pirates; Splash; BTMRR; HM; Philharmagic; Space; Buzz; and Laugh Floor?!? The mind boggles how Disney sees it as a must-see attraction, especially ahead of JC or IASW.

1disneydood

*wonders when the Disney name will be dropped*

Hello Disney execs. Remember Mickey? What about the attractions that made the park what it is? :shrug:

And I USED TO love toy story, but this is getting pushed worse than stitch. What's next? LGMs mooning everyone on the monorail? Will the speil now call the parks Pixarworld? How about a spitting Bo Peep in DTD? :brick:

Goofnut1980

*headdesk*
:brick:

That attraction is a year and a half old.Whatever happened to having the ICON on a park map?!?(I could make the obvious Pixar take over comment here,but I won't. :p)

And EPCOT STILL has the Seas?Why not SSE?That's new too,Disney!

Sheeeesh!

(I do like the little YOAMD banners though...Classy.:cool: )

one couldn't agree MORE!!! I thought this place was called Disney World.. Not Pixar World??? hmmmm

Goofnut1980

I was in the grocery store the other day (the one that is taking over the universe... we all know who that is) haha... and I saw a bag of Fritos and they have brought the vintage bag back... Wouldn't is be sweet if WDW would do the same with the map fronts... Change them back to the fronts of yesteryear... just a thought

MKCP 1985

Anyone noticing a pattern here?
That Disney has a stable of new(ish) successful movies that were made by Pixar, which Disney bought and now seeks to get value from through marketing?

Now all we need is It's Tough to be a Bug on DAK's map and we would have a matching set. :rolleyes:
Nah, Finding Nemo, the Musical would be much more likely.

Pixar has put out all the best Disney movies in the last decade, what would you expect? I love Pinocchio, Beauty & the Beast and Toy Story. My parents love all the old original Walt classics, but also are falling in love with the new Pixar films as well because they are such well written stories. Every parent and child knows Nemo, every parent and SOME children know Pinocchio, so Disney puts the most recognizable and most current characters on their covers. Im baffled by all the Pixar "hate" on the boards. Can someone break it down with a valid reason why they should put old characters rather than their hottest new franchises?
Great post! If Disney isn't going to make the best animated family movies, at least they are fortunate to have purchased the company that does. Disney has a great stock of classic films, but there's a new group of elementary school kids every 10 years and you can only rest on your laurels for so long. Kids who saw "The Lion King" or even "Pocahontas" in theaters are graduating from high school and time moves on.

I think it's because it's all Disney "hypes" up these days.All the headliners are Pixar.Some people feel that Pixar is pushing the Disney aspect out of Disney.I know for one that some people want the return of original characters and stories for the parks.Something original and creative one could say.Pixar seems like the only thing Disney is making these days.While I think that's a little extreme,I do think that the maps are a bit much.
Disney hypes what sells. Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little, Home on the Range, Brother Bear - they don't sell.

Gah! I hate the way that Disney are pushing MiLF- on a recent official WDW brochure I was sent, MK's "must-see" attractions were listed as: Pirates; Splash; BTMRR; HM; Philharmagic; Space; Buzz; and Laugh Floor?!?
Fans of the attraction formerly occupying that space (and I was one) complained that the reason people didn't go to see it was that it was hard to find and Disney didn't market it. People are going to see the attractions you mentioned without them being on the cover of the map. Let's see if this extra publicity helps out. If it does, that will help reduce the queue times of other MK attractions and be good for everyone.

Hello Disney execs. Remember Mickey? What about the attractions that made the park what it is? :shrug:

And I USED TO love toy story, but this is getting pushed worse than stitch. What's next? LGMs mooning everyone on the monorail? Will the speil now call the parks Pixarworld? How about a spitting Bo Peep in DTD? :brick:
That's just silly. Have you been to the MK in late June - July? The attractions that make the park what it is are drawing big crowds and don't need the extra publicity, although I think each has had its turn on the cover at one time or other.

Why put Mickey Mouse on the cover when you have a new(ish) attraction that the general public hasn't discovered? Disney marketing went nuts for Stitch when his attraction opened. So they put Monsters Inc on the cover now? The objection is that the attraction has already been open a year? Well then, it's about time they paid it some attention!

Those who are "concerned" about the park map cover - take a deep breath. The time for this park map cover will pass. This isn't Armageddon. :rolleyes:

awalkinthepark

I can't get the kids(4 & 6-boys) to sit down to watch anything that I grew up watching. I can get them to watch Lilo and Stitch and Mulan on DVD and that's it....everything else is computer animated..Mickey Mouse Club House was the best thing Disney ever did for the fab 5 otherwise my kids wouldn't have a clue who Mickey Mouse is....oh I have noticed that they want no part of VHS...if it's on a tape they immediately don't like it...I guess I was the same way with B&W movies when I was younger.

...they have also shunned the muppets....the muppets of all things...want no part of them or their fraggle cousins either.

MKCP 1985

I'm thinking and hoping that releasing Pinocchio on HD will be the closest thing to CGI Disney has in the archives. I can't wait to see how it looks.

That movie cost a fortune to animate . . . to the point that the film lost money in the short run and Walt Disney never animated his films to that depth and detail again.

EPCOT Explorer

:lol::lol: You just made me want to moon the new Nemo ride. :lol::lol:
It's very unfortunate that one E stop next to a screaming bratty fish does this to you.:lookaroun:lol:

And I USED TO love toy story, but this is getting pushed worse than stitch. What's next? LGMs mooning everyone on the monorail? Will the speil now call the parks Pixarworld? How about a spitting Bo Peep in DTD?
:sohappy:
That Disney has a stable of new(ish) successful movies that were made by Pixar, which Disney bought and now seeks to get value from through marketing?

Nah, Finding Nemo, the Musical would be much more likely.

Great post! If Disney isn't going to make the best animated family movies, at least they are fortunate to have purchased the company that does. Disney has a great stock of classic films, but there's a new group of elementary school kids every 10 years and you can only rest on your laurels for so long. Kids who saw "The Lion King" or even "Pocahontas" in theaters are graduating from high school and time moves on.

Disney hypes what sells. Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little, Home on the Range, Brother Bear - they don't sell.

Fans of the attraction formerly occupying that space (and I was one) complained that the reason people didn't go to see it was that it was hard to find and Disney didn't market it. People are going to see the attractions you mentioned without them being on the cover of the map. Let's see if this extra publicity helps out. If it does, that will help reduce the queue times of other MK attractions and be good for everyone.

That's just silly. Have you been to the MK in late June - July? The attractions that make the park what it is are drawing big crowds and don't need the extra publicity, although I think each has had its turn on the cover at one time or other.

Why put Mickey Mouse on the cover when you have a new(ish) attraction that the general public hasn't discovered? Disney marketing went nuts for Stitch when his attraction opened. So they put Monsters Inc on the cover now? The objection is that the attraction has already been open a year? Well then, it's about time they paid it some attention!

Those who are "concerned" about the park map cover - take a deep breath. The time for this park map cover will pass. This isn't Armageddon. :rolleyes:
So why not put the Icon on the maps?Do we want guests to think that all Disney cares about is the MILF:)lookaroun)

disneydiva72

Tiny news item, new guidemap covers for the Magic Kingdom:
picture.php

Anyone noticing a pattern here?
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

wow, little Pixar mania here.

KaliSplash

I just wish Disney would do something creative instead of relying on Pixar for all their marketing and such.

I don't want to come across as mean or anything, but Disney=Pixar.

I think we are fortunate the Lassiter is Disney trained, and back in the stable. Does he do things differently, absolutely. As has been pointed out ably above, Disney promotes what sells.

darthjohnny

I always figured they would put Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor when it first opened, but I just don't know why it took this long. Maybe it had something to do with promoting the ride with Johnny Depp's image. It is 2 full years since the ride opens. Maybe the deal is finally up and they need to go and do something new. :shrug:

imagineer boy

When Disney actually starts making good movies again ( Beverly Hills Chihuahua comes to mind... good god how far they have fallen ) then I think we can expect to see more Disney related merchandise sold at the parks rather than Pixar things. Hopefully the Frog Prince will be a hit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom