New Magic Kingdom Attraction?

yensidtlaw1969

KrazyKemp said:
A "Villain Coaster"

A ride that would scare more kids than "Snow White"...

Hmm...
Yes, even in it's current form Snow White needs some work.

I'll be right back :wave: :D

Yensid "lava lamps ROCK MY PROVERBIAL SOCKS" tlaw1969

CMTinkerbell99

KrazyKemp said:
With the 35th Anniversary of Walt Disney World looming on the horizon on October 1st, 2006 and the end of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary set to end in the summer of this year, one has to wonder what may be in store for the Magic Kingdom next, especially since they kind of got the shaft this time around with Cinderellabration or whatever it’s called...

Anybody heard anything about new attractions for MK?

Not to get flammed but Magic Kingdom opened on October 1, 1970

So it will be 36 on October 1st of this year.

Mecha Figment

you are true... but is also 35 in whole, being opened, since it opened in the middle of the year. those few months those two months don't count.

the-reason14

KrazyKemp said:
Well, it certainly sounds intruiging...

But essentially, we shouldn't exactly cross our fingers for it, right?

I dont know, could you picture such a coaster in the "Magic Kingdom," to me it just doesnt gel right. Maybe AK but not MK.

RSoxNo1

DonaldDoleWhip said:
Magic Kingdom mountain of Adventureland, volcano adventure. The idea has a been around for quite a while, and in many different forms. It just hasn't been built.

Fire Mountain would be pretty awesome, if it ever were to be built. The major idea was that it would be a morphing coaster: start out as a regular coaster, then have the floor drop at the point of a volcanic eruption.

Not sure if all of this is correct. Sorry.

A variation of this "morphing" coaster was set to be part of Beastly Kingdomme called Dragon Towers. I'm sure Jim Hill has half a dozen articles on it.

tirian

According to upper management, an E-ticket has already been approved for the old 20K site, but they don't have the budget to build it right now. That's why Pooh's Play Place only takes up the old queue. The entire area that was once a lagoon and show building is nothing but a big plot of grass now.

Frankly, even though this is straight-up information (meaning that I got it directly from an exec. and not the rumor mill), I wouldn't expect anything to be constructed for a while. Don't get your hopes up.

On a side note, the villains may soon have a meet-and-greet in the old HM Fastpass area. Don't stone me if this doesn't happen; Liberty Square and HM CMs are correctly complaining that the characters will interfere with the HM entrance.

Also, tests have already been conducted to incorporate the Cinderellabration props back into the old Surprise Celebration show, thus effectively eliminating Cinderellabration from the MK. This itself is practically a 35th birthday present. :D

ToTBellHop

tirian said:
Also, tests have already been conducted to incorporate the Cinderellabration props back into the old Surprise Celebration show, thus effectively eliminating Cinderellabration from the MK. This itself is practically a 35th birthday present. :D

Good...Cinderellabration is really bad...

Enderikari

Wow... I simply love some of the people on the internet, the Disney fans, who blow smoke out of various body locations... let me clear up some of the crud that has infiltrated this board....

Let see, starting with the infamous "Fire Mountain." Has never been anything more than Internet Fan Boy Wishful thinking, much along the same lines as "Beastly Kingdom." I will say this one last time, just because you WANT them to happen doesn't mean that A: that is what is right for the park and B: that it will ever be produced. Fire Mountain is a pipe dream, and was never planned for a Disney Theme Park, much less the Magic Kingdom.

Also, Tirian has no ties to Upper Management, and didn't get his information from an exec. Because, here's the big shocker, the ideas for the left over 20,000 Leagues Lagoon haven't even begun to be finalized, and furthermore, the Magic Kingdom (mind you, the most visited theme park in the world) will be the last park to receive a new E-Ticket attraction. Pooh's Playful Spot doesn't even cover all of where the old queue was, because a major portion of Pooh's Playful Spot extends forward, past where the lagoon is. He is also very lucky he called for us not to stone him if the villains meet and greet doesn't happen, because it won't, and I would hate for harm to come to somebody because he spews wishful thinking on internet boards. And, one last bit, Cinderellabration has just spent a good bit of money upgrading its show just in the past couple of weeks, so we can expect it to bring joy and happiness to the thousands of people who enjoy it everyday. Just because the internet public doesn't like it, doesn't mean the hundreds of thousands of people who come to the Magic Kingdom to enjoy the magic (as opposed to those who tear it down) don't.

And, as a side note, the Magic Kingdom opened on October 1st, 1971. The dedication festivities were from October 23 - 25th. The Roy O. Disney Dedication Plaque next to the Sharing the Magic statue in Town Square shows that the park was dedicated on October 25th (at 2:02 pm, anyone besides me see that the clock on the train station refurbishment scrim was set to 2:02 to honor Roy's speech?). Now, traditionally, the park celebrates its birthday on the 1st, but, personally, I am all about celebrating Roy's achievement.

My final words on the subject, there is no one here on the boards who A: knows what they are talking about, or B: can say anything if they do know. Rumors are fine, as long as they are labeled just that, but calling on the mystical, magical forces of "upper management" to fulfill you life-long love of attention is a bit much. Enjoy Walt Disney World for what it is, the most Magical Place on Earth, where fairy tales come true; not for the travesty that your wishful thinking would turn it into...

ToTBellHop

Enderikari said:
Wow... I simply love some of the people on the internet, the Disney fans, who blow smoke out of various body locations... let me clear up some of the crud that has infiltrated this board....

Let see, starting with the infamous "Fire Mountain." Has never been anything more than Internet Fan Boy Wishful thinking, much along the same lines as "Beastly Kingdom." I will say this one last time, just because you WANT them to happen doesn't mean that A: that is what is right for the park and B: that it will ever be produced. Fire Mountain is a pipe dream, and was never planned for a Disney Theme Park, much less the Magic Kingdom.

Also, Tirian has no ties to Upper Management, and didn't get his information from an exec. Because, here's the big shocker, the ideas for the left over 20,000 Leagues Lagoon haven't even begun to be finalized, and furthermore, the Magic Kingdom (mind you, the most visited theme park in the world) will be the last park to receive a new E-Ticket attraction. Pooh's Playful Spot doesn't even cover all of where the old queue was, because a major portion of Pooh's Playful Spot extends forward, past where the lagoon is. He is also very lucky he called for us not to stone him if the villains meet and greet doesn't happen, because it won't, and I would hate for harm to come to somebody because he spews wishful thinking on internet boards. And, one last bit, Cinderellabration has just spent a good bit of money upgrading its show just in the past couple of weeks, so we can expect it to bring joy and happiness to the thousands of people who enjoy it everyday. Just because the internet public doesn't like it, doesn't mean the hundreds of thousands of people who come to the Magic Kingdom to enjoy the magic (as opposed to those who tear it down) don't.

And, as a side note, the Magic Kingdom opened on October 1st, 1971. The dedication festivities were from October 23 - 25th. The Roy O. Disney Dedication Plaque next to the Sharing the Magic statue in Town Square shows that the park was dedicated on October 25th (at 2:02 pm, anyone besides me see that the clock on the train station refurbishment scrim was set to 2:02 to honor Roy's speech?). Now, traditionally, the park celebrates its birthday on the 1st, but, personally, I am all about celebrating Roy's achievement.

My final words on the subject, there is no one here on the boards who A: knows what they are talking about, or B: can say anything if they do know. Rumors are fine, as long as they are labeled just that, but calling on the mystical, magical forces of "upper management" to fulfill you life-long love of attention is a bit much. Enjoy Walt Disney World for what it is, the most Magical Place on Earth, where fairy tales come true; not for the travesty that your wishful thinking would turn it into...
I agree with much of what you say...except that Beastly Kingdom is a fanboy's dream. Joe Rhode certainly has talked about it and would still like to build it (not saying it will be built...that's clearly not his decision to make)--so it's more than some fanboy's wish. Even this site (not the forums) have posted many rumors of Beastly Kingdom being built (of course in the past), as have other generally reputable sites, so I am certain that the concept has been discussed by the decision-makers, and they chose not to pursue those interests at present. I don't really see the need for disclaimers like yours, though. We all know enough to not assume anything is true until officially announced by Disney.

Enderikari

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Joe Rhode certainly has talked about it and would still like to build it (not saying it will be built...that's clearly not his decision to make)--so it's more than some fanboy's wish. Even this site (not the forums) have posted many rumors of Beastly Kingdom being built (of course in the past), as have other generally reputable sites, so I am certain that the concept has been discussed by the decision-makers, and they chose not to pursue those interests at present. I don't really see the need for disclaimers like yours, though. We all know enough to not assume anything is true until officially announced by Disney.

A: Absolutely, the concept of an area in the Animal Kingdom dedicated to creatures of fantasy was discussed, and blue-skyed for a while, but the idea of "Beastly Kingdom" keeps popping up like a bad dream. Every mention of this long dead project brings hundreds of armchair-imagineers to the fore-front, wishing they were in charge. I didn't mean to imply that the concept of Beatly Kingdom was never a consideration, I meant to imply let the Walt Disney Company do its job. Believe it or not, they know best at how to keep Walt Disney World open to make magic for the guests.

B: It's not a disclaimer, its a call for this guy to not make irresponsible posts under the guise of a fictitious "upper-management" If you want to dream, that's fine. And I have no problem with rumors (most of them I get a good laugh out of), but to say that something is going to happen, simply because you don't get enough attention, is heinous.

nyfrenchy

Here's my 2cents: was there any new ride added for the 30th birthday? NO. Any special parade back then? NO.

So why would the 35th birthday be any more important? There will be NOTHING for the 35th, deal with it.

Enderikari

nyfrenchy said:
Here's my 2cents: was there any new ride added for the 30th birthday? NO. Any special parade back then? NO.

So why would the 35th birthday be any more important? There will be NOTHING for the 35th, deal with it.

Or, in other words... The Magic Kingdom is the Most Magical Place on Earth, let's count our blessings for what we have... not what WE want...

Shaman

An observation I have made over the years:

There are many types of people that browse and post on this site....:D

A- The lurker, just reads never posts (could be anyone, Disney employee or not).

B- The occasional reader/poster (could be anyone, Disney employee or not).

C- The dedicated reader/poster (could be anyone, Disney employee or not).

D- The dedicated/occasional poster, with connections and the occasional inside info.

E- The dedicated/occasional poster, with no connections and or info, who posts false info for the heck of it.

F- The dedicated/occasional poster that works for Disney (maybe an important position, maybe not) and has inside info and shares it at times (either anonymously or not).

G- The dedicated/occasional poster that works for Disney (probably an important position), has inside information, rarely shares it and publicly dismisses leaked rumors as fan craziness (when they are valid). They just come here for the kicks.

H- The dedicated/occasional poster that claims to work for Disney and doesnt, but how are people gonna know right?

I- The Troll, which seeks only to disrupt the forums.

Did I miss anything or anyone? :lookaroun

The point is...people have various reasons for posting what they do...but everything in this section should be considered a rumor until confirmed. Most of us know this...but like to discuss possibilities...We know who to trust and who not to trust on this site. Some posters are careful, and only post credible info from trusted sources. But generally speaking, if people are attacked for something they actually heard about and posted about...then people would stop sharing info....or passing along rumors....

I fail to see the purpose of attacking someone because they posted a rumor...even if it was posted to mislead people. And sure, if you post something you have to be prepared to defend and/or accept the response it gets. But, personally, I don't have any ties to the company, other than my lowly consumer role...I want to know all the rumors out there, even if they are crazy, and if people feel they are going to be attacked then they'll stop posting and one really credible rumor could go lost. That's just my opinion though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom