New magazine to cover Disney and other Orlando attractions

MattBoom

Original Poster
I just wanted to let everyone know about a new magazine I'm starting with Ricky Brigante of the Inside The Magic podcast.

It's called Orlando Attractions Magazine and it will be very much in the style of the old Disney Magazine, giving you a fun look at news, information, and events from all Orlando-area attractions, including the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, and more.

The first issue will be rolling out within the next couple of months.
We welcome any suggestions as we put the final touches on our format.

We're also looking for writers, preferably local to the Orlando area, who are enthusiastic about covering theme park and attraction information. Even if you're not a local, consider writing a story during your vacation to help earn some extra money for the trip.

You can find out a lot more about the magazine on our Web site, http://www.attractionsmagazine.com

MattBoom

Original Poster
Sorry if I violated a no advertising rule.
But I feel this is of interest to Disney fans.

Is there a better place to discuss new Disney products?

jmvd20

Sorry if I violated a no advertising rule.
But I feel this is of interest to Disney fans.

Is there a better place to discuss new Disney products?

I'm not sure but one of the mods could answer that. I just wanted to point that out to you in case you didn't see it.

Steamboat_Kevin

Well, magazines are nearly impossible to run at even a break even point now, so good luck. You'll need it.

What a great post. You have such an amazing attitude. An inspiration to us all, really.

:brick:

This is not advertising in a spamming sense. This is relevant news about a fellow WDWMagic member's Disney magazine (Yes, Ricky Brigante's a member here, and much of his podcast's news comes from these forums).

slappy magoo

What a great post. You have such an amazing attitude. An inspiration to us all, really.

This is not advertising in a spamming sense. This is relevant news about a fellow WDWMagic member's Disney magazine (Yes, Ricky Brigante's a member here, and much of his podcast's news comes from these forums).

That may be, but it's not really any of our place to judge whether his business venture is an appropriate one to risk violating the blanket all-encompassing policy forbidding advertising. Seems to me, a request to the mods or site owner first could have possibly resulted in an endorsement, or at least permission/dispensation to promote the mag ( not saying definitely, but possibly).

If you and I are asked and expected to play by wdwmagic's rules in exchange for permission to post (and sorry those who are looking for a Nazi under every rock, having access to an internet forum owned and run by other people does not mean you get complete and total freedom of speech, start your own site, run it how you like if that's what you want), then everyone else should follow those rules as well.

XSTech

Hey! No need to start a fight here. :)

Matt was simply letting you all know about our endeavor as he (and I) thought it would be of interest to you.

I don't, by the way, get most of my news from WDWMAGIC. I do mention it often as it is a great source of information, but *most* of my information comes from the same places that WDWMAGIC gets it... press releases! ;)

Anyway, the point is... since you all love to write about Disney all the time, we hope you'll enjoy our new magazine. We'd love to have your help with it as well.

And again, if this post is in the wrong section of the forum, please move it to the proper location.

Thanks!

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I would love to be a photographer/occasional column writer for your magazine, alas I live more than 500 miles away.

Cry.....

Can I just tell you how

EXCITED

I am about this.

I have been looking for such a magazine....and was about to ask if anyone knew about one just the other day.

I really miss Disney Magazine...I subscribe to the "E-Ticket" which mostly focuses on Disneyland...but have been looking for anything that focuses more on WDW.

Best of luck Ricky and Matt...love the podcast...I know the mag will be great...I already signed up for notice of the start of publication.

BTW, I wouldn't mind being a writer for the mag....but I am in the New Orleans area...I get to WDW about once every year and a half...maybe an occasional feature article?

DVC Dave

I just wanted to let everyone know about a new magazine I'm starting with Ricky Brigante of the Inside The Magic podcast.

It's called Orlando Attractions Magazine and it will be very much in the style of the old Disney Magazine, giving you a fun look at news, information, and events from all Orlando-area attractions, including the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, and more.

The first issue will be rolling out within the next couple of months.
We welcome any suggestions as we put the final touches on our format.

We're also looking for writers, preferably local to the Orlando area, who are enthusiastic about covering theme park and attraction information. Even if you're not a local, consider writing a story during your vacation to help earn some extra money for the trip.

You can find out a lot more about the magazine on our Web site, http://www.attractionsmagazine.com

I am pretty excited about this. I love the Podcast! A magazine to read at my leasure would be awesome!

Crazy4WDW1

I just signed up for my subscription! I really miss the old Disney Magazine. Good luck guys! Unfortunately, I live in Pittsburgh, PA, but I do get to WDW 3 -4 times a year!

Champion

Oh get over it. Not everything is rainbows and kitties. Running a magazine at anything but a loss is extremely difficult now. Especially something like this magazine, where all the 'news' in it will have been on the internet for some time before it gets published. Would you rather I lie and tell him how easy its going to be?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom