New Land at AK (and its not Beastly Kingdom)

space42

Original Poster
I posted this information in the BK thread but I believe it warrents its own thread.

I have received good information about the next expansion to Animal Kingdom. The expansion is going to be Australia! It will have an animal exhibit similar to the other countries. It will also have an E-Ticket attraction. The attraction will use technology from the Soarin' over California attraction in DCA.

For those not familiar with that atttraction, here is the scoop. It will be a simulator type attraction. It will use a curved IMAX screen for the movie. You are suspended in chairs that move in sync with the movie. The result is a very convincing sensation of flight.

From what I understand, this expansion just got the green light! Expect an announcement soon. The bad news is that the BK expansion project is dead again. Oh well.. at least AK is getting something new.

pheneix

That is EXACTLY what I have been alluding to the other thread. I'm not 100% sure about the E-ticket (then again, it may be me wishing it was something more original), but that pretty much hits the nail on the head. Have you heard anything about a timeline? I've heard 2004 thrown around, but no exact date.

JLW11Hi

This would be cool! If the BK ever does become a reality, then these additions would really start making the AK as full as the other parks.

Terp02

I think Australia was had the green light like a year or so ago, not sure if I'm accurate on this one. I still think that Beastily Kingdom will come to life in the near future especially if Reign of Fire does really well. If they never build it, there will always be a part of AK missing, since, in my opinion, BK was going to be Disney's edge over other animal parks/zoological centers, not that it isn't better than most places now.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by james4023464
I forgot to say I still would rather have Beastly Kingdon it sounded so cool.

I have to agree with you...BEASTLY KINGDOM would COMPLETE the ANIMAL KINGDOM...(just look at that logo...)

jcrb

I think Animal Kingdom would benefit more with Beastly Kingdoms than Australia.
A coaster will generate some good attention.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Maria

me too! :animwink:

Hehe....you know me.....prove this mysterious source. If it's a CM, chances are they are full of crap. I'll only believe something if the head of imagineering visits me, or one of a few people that i trust on these boards tells me something.

dizpins14

A cast member at Kali River Rapids told me that the next DAK land is not Beastly Kingdom but in fact a pavilion like at EPCOT where you explore the Animal body. There's a place where you walk through an Elephants heart and discover why tigers paws are shaped like they are. There's even a kiddy area/playground where they play in different animals bathroom which includes the really cool ________ slide. This area will definatly be better than Dino-Rama. :brick:

pheneix

I can't speak for Space42, but I can speak with confidence that Austrailia is going to be a reality, sooner rather than later, and that at this time BK is taking a backseat. Let's face it, a land with a Soarin-type attraction as it's centerpiece is MUCH cheaper than anything that would be built for Beastly Kingdom, and that is what counts (I know, it sounds like heresay, but that is the way it goes), particularly when WDC really would rather not add anything to the AK at this time.

kal1484

They gunna have the crocadile hunter there? (i asked dmc-12 how to spell crocadile, so if it's spelled wrong don't hurt me)

Tramp

Originally posted by wdwprincess03
They gunna have the crocadile hunter there? (i asked dmc-12 how to spell crocadile, so if it's spelled wrong don't hurt me)

LMAO...Princess, please send this to dmc-12.....hehe:lol:

BAM

:cry: Man I really hope this isn't true. I really want BK. It would add so much more to the park.:cry:

O well nothing has been announced yet. There's still hope.:animwink:

james4023464

Originally posted by dizpins14
A cast member at Kali River Rapids told me that the next DAK land is not Beastly Kingdom but in fact a pavilion like at EPCOT where you explore the Animal body. There's a place where you walk through an Elephants heart and discover why tigers paws are shaped like they are. There's even a kiddy area/playground where they play in different animals bathroom which includes the really cool ________ slide. This area will definatly be better than Dino-Rama. :brick: [/QUOTE

This sounds so stupid. The only thing that sounds cool is the $#!% slide. If this is true Disney is wasting a lot of money. who wants a pavillion, I want a coaster and BK:cry:

Fossil

AK needs a new land with a coaster and that simulator thing all of you are talking about. The coaster has to be incredible, something that has never been attempted and the simulator sounds pretty good just how it has been described!:hammer:

DisneyWorld30th

Did you know that Disney's Animal Kingdom was supposed to be named Disney's WILD Animal Kingdom.

During the Magic Kingdom's 25 Anniversay, at the Welcome Center in Main Street, there was a brief video talking about the new additions to Walt Disney World. On the video, they showed the Disney Cruise Line, All Star Movies and Disney's Wild Animal Kingdom. At the welcome center, you could also purchase T-Shirts and other merchandise about the upcoming new additions. I purchased a Disney's WILD Animal Kingdom T-Shirt back then. I wish I kept it becuase I am sure it would probulary be worth something.

BTW-The name was dropped becuase of buget costs. In the orginal plans there were several E-Ride attractions including Beastly Kingdom and some sort of fantasyland area (unicorns).

Just some brief history...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom