New Land at AK (and its not Beastly Kingdom)

space42

Original Poster
Originally posted by Fievel

Hehe....you know me.....prove this mysterious source. If it's a CM, chances are they are full of crap. I'll only believe something if the head of imagineering visits me, or one of a few people that i trust on these boards tells me something.

Hehe.. prove a source? than it would't be much of a rumor then would it?

Hey, you don't have to believe me if you dont want to. My source is as good as any other that leak information from Disney. And no, its not a park CM.

FWIW, rumors posted on message boards are hit or miss at best anyway.

Terp02

I just want to reiterate something that has been mention dozens of times on other threads: BK is NOT out of the picture for one good reason which is that they would have to get rid of the dragon on all the posters, benches, and TREE OF LIFE and what not to accurately represent what's at AK. I really hope that Disney decides to concentrate on BK soon because it has so much potential and would be a hit. I wish there was a way we could tell Eisner what WDW fans wanted..............................

space42

Original Poster
Originally posted by Terp02
I just want to reiterate something that has been mention dozens of times on other threads: BK is NOT out of the picture for one good reason which is that they would have to get rid of the dragon on all the posters, benches, and TREE OF LIFE and what not to accurately represent what's at AK. I really hope that Disney decides to concentrate on BK soon because it has so much potential and would be a hit. I wish there was a way we could tell Eisner what WDW fans wanted..............................

One would think this to be true.

However, next year will be AK's 5th anniversary! A major expansion of this type would be at least 3 years away after ground breaking. That will be AK's 8th anniversary. If they are willing to wait 8 years with the dragon still on the logo, why not wait longer? I dont think the dragon on the logo (or on the 100 years of magic pins) means that BK is AK's future at all, sadly enough.

I wish BK was a reality as much as the next person. It was one of the things that really interested me about AK when I first heard about it on the Disney Channel AK preview show (1997, I think). I just don't see it happening in the near future.

wishiwere@wdw

I still think the soaring ride is going to Epcot. They need this attraction desperately at The Land pavilion. I wouldn't put it past them to install two soaring rides however. Just look at Star Tours and Body Wars. It's the same basic simulator being used differently at different parks.

Sketch105

I would rather have Beastly Kingdom.

If Disney could get there act together, spare a couple hundred million (maybe cut some of those stupid direct to video cheap-quels off the drawing board?? Maybe even-gasp-close a few shops or two?? Cut corners on things that they should cut corners on...unlike their maintenance which is desperately lacking) they could have A KICK @$$ park, and maybe they can draw some respectable crowds.

Beastly Kingdom would seriously give Animal KIngdom drawing power and it would make it a full day park and it would boost attendance and it would attract the IOA crowd (thrillseeking families), which is every problem they have right now.

NowInc

*sigh* I know im going to regret this..but here we go...

BK is going to be a reality...it has been all but confirmed...thus how we know that is will be spelled "Midevil" instead of traditional..

Australia..yes..also is in the works...however..before BK? nope...

As stated above..AK turns 5 really soon..and they want to "complete" the original plans of having mythical animals in there as well...

...oh..and that idea of the new epcot pavillion is yet more CM babbling rumors. That idea will never happen..and if it WERE to happen..it would go into AK.

tenchu

Originally posted by NowInc

BK is going to be a reality...it has been all but confirmed...thus how we know that is will be spelled "Midevil" instead of traditional..

As stated above..AK turns 5 really soon..and they want to "complete" the original plans of having mythical animals in there as well...

...oh..and that idea of the new epcot pavillion is yet more CM babbling rumors. That idea will never happen..and if it WERE to happen..it would go into AK.

And here endeth the sermon. Amen :animwink:

james4023464

Originally posted by NowInc

I hope you're right NowInc, I would like to have Austrailia and BK but BK first.

WDWManic

I heard that the Australia expansion was going to be put on hold and they were going to go on with the Beastly Kingdom project... But who knows everything is rumors in Disney World!

wishiwere@wdw

I'm cool with that.:) Now I know to ignore the Epcot soaring rumors and look forward to the updated Animal Kingdom. Thanks for the insight NowInc:animwink:

WDWspider

E! has been saying that a ride based on Reign of Fire has been in the works. Since E! is partly or wholly owned by Disney, does it mean anything? I think this has been said during Coming Attractions and some other show they have as well.:confused:

space42

Original Poster
Originally posted by tenchu

And here endeth the sermon. Amen :animwink:

nope, just more internet message board speculation :)

We do know that both Austrailia and BK are in the works for AK (along with about 2 dozen other ideas) at WDI. One of them is going to be built sooner or later. It is just up to Disney on how much money they want to spend on an expansion. (read BK is the more expensive one)

Oh yeah.. and Reign of Fire is no longer the "theme" of the E-Ticket for BK..

mickeysv

Account Suspended
I'm tired of people going on this sight that swear to god they know disney's next move. What's interesting is Screamscape.com say 1. that epcot is getting a soaring clone which is a more appropriate spot. By the way this is from one of their quote on quote good sources. Believe me I don't put a whole lot of stock in what there saying either. I promise you this their will be not soaring clone in animal kingdom.

P.S from a good source called common sence. Not an E ticket attraction that will boost attendance and not the way universal is breathing down disney's neck with 2 new coaster plans.

pheneix

>>>What's interesting is Screamscape.com say 1. that epcot is getting a soaring clone which is a more appropriate spot. By the way this is from one of their quote on quote good sources. Believe me I don't put a whole lot of stock in what there saying either.<<<

That's a good idea. I sold mine a while back. :)

I couldn't help but chuckle about The Land rumor, because it is total BS (see, Now Inc and I can agree on something!). But then again he maybe cashing in on the fact that in just the last couple of weeks Disney greenlighted an attraction based on the Soarin' ride system for one of it's parks.

pheneix

>>>not the way universal is breathing down disney's neck with 2 new coaster plans<<<

And that is just what has been conviently "leaked."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom