New Land at AK (and its not Beastly Kingdom)

pheneix

>>>What is the soarin' attraction and another thing...is it truly an "E-ticket" attraction???<<<

From the first post:

>>>For those not familiar with that atttraction, here is the scoop. It will be a simulator type attraction. It will use a curved IMAX screen for the movie. You are suspended in chairs that move in sync with the movie. The result is a very convincing sensation of flight.<<<

Is it truly an E-ticket? It depends on how intense the simulator program is. Soarin is not very intense at all from what I have heard, and some people only classify it has a high D-ticket because of that. I've got a feeling that AK's version may actually be a little more intense because the park lacks any kind of true thrill ride (Kali River Rapids sucks, and since they have watered down CTX, it is not very thrilling at all anymore).

WDWhigh

Just a question...

Since when does intense mean E ticket ride?

Pirates, Haunted, etc.. is an E-ticket ride and is not intense.

space42

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWhigh
Just a question...

Since when does intense mean E ticket ride?

Pirates, Haunted, etc.. is an E-ticket ride and is not intense.

Dont forget Jungle Cruise, 20k Leagues and Small World were also E-Tickets when WDW still used Ticket books.

E-Tickets are simply the best of the best (with honors:) ) attractions. Not necessarily thrill rides.

Many people consider Soarin' over California an E-Ticket at DCA.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Surely the best place for any Australia attraction would be Epcot.
Given the Aussie love of beer it would have to feature prominently in the pavillion and add another stop around the lagoon.:slurp:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by happy snapper
Surely the best place for any Australia attraction would be Epcot.
Given the Aussie love of beer it would have to feature prominently in the pavillion and add another stop around the lagoon.:slurp:

I don't agree at all!!! Australia is a continent...much like africa and asia...keep the theming going!!! I would like to see North America, South America, Europe and Antarctica too

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I don't agree at all!!! Australia is a continent
Its a country unlike the others which are many countries.
Australasia however is a continent.

Besides my post was tongue in cheek as i couldnt careless where they build it as long as something new is added.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by pheneix
You know, an EMV ride through a frigid Antarctica environment would rock!

And I know that they don't co-exist...but just think about it...Penguins, Polar Bears, White Seals...AWESOME!!!
They have the technology to make snow...just look at Ice Station Cool!!! It would ROCK!

tenchu

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

And I know that they don't co-exist...but just think about it...Penguins, Polar Bears, White Seals...AWESOME!!!
They have the technology to make snow...just look at Ice Station Cool!!! It would ROCK!

Dunno how they would do that without it being suspiciously like Wild Arctic at seaworld.

Cliff

Alright!!

Austrailia would be perfect. AK could finally get some REAL interesting animals. Platypus', koala's, Croc's those super ultra poisonous spiders and snakes.

Soarin' over California I hear is spectacular...anything like that would be great.

I hope they break ground quick.

CT : - )

gwrf

Originally posted by james4023464
I forgot to say I still would rather have Beastly Kingdon it sounded so cool.

From what I have read, I don't think that a Beastly Kingdom would be as good as Australia. Specifically, the thrill rides can be enjoyed anywhere (and probably has been done somewhere else in the world before), but what Disney can do with Australia has the potential to be much greater.

tenchu

Originally posted by gwrf

From what I have read, I don't think that a Beastly Kingdom would be as good as Australia. Specifically, the thrill rides can be enjoyed anywhere (and probably has been done somewhere else in the world before), but what Disney can do with Australia has the potential to be much greater.

Dianey has the potential to make anything cool, as long as they pit the money into it!

james4023464

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
NEW MOUNTAIN ATTRACTION...ICE MOUNTAIN!!! or GLACIER MOUNTAIN!!! or an attraction called ICEBERG FALLS

Awsome, I was thinking about that to, this is probally going to be my next project. Glacier Mountain water coaster through the frigid waters of the Antarctic Ocean.:D

NADisney

After riding Soarin' Over California This past April , I do consider it an E- Ticket attraction. The only one at DCA besides the Screamin coaster and Grizzly River Run ( bet you did not know why they chose that name instead of Grizzly River Rapids ,thats owned by Opryland inc. which is also Gaylord Palms resort in Orlando).I would love to see an attraction like this fo WDW.The California theme attraction would also be great for Disney's America (if that ever gets built).

gwrf

Disney has the potential to make anything cool, as long as they pit the money into it! [/B]

Actually - After reading some more more, I think you're right.

I'll add "time" as well as money in there :)

pheneix

A little update on what has been previously posted about Australia. It turns out that there is another place that could be the destination for the Soarin' ride. Ever cared to go "soaring" around the world?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by james4023464

Awsome, I was thinking about that to, this is probally going to be my next project. Glacier Mountain water coaster through the frigid waters of the Antarctic Ocean.:D

CAN YOU SAY BLIZZARD BEACH???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom