New kitty needs disney name

HunnyPot

I also like Oliver. I had a cat named Mickey once. (I named it that because when dad brought him home to surprise me, I was wathcing the Mickey Mouse Club!) There are so many choices though. I also like the other suggestion about waiting a few days and naming him for his personality.

No matter what though, this kitty is so lucky to have you for an owner! I'm a huge animal lover, thank you so much for taking in a sick kitty! You are a wonderful person for it! :wave:

jesserin

MissM said:
First off, kudos to you for adopting the kitty! It's hard enough to get people to adopt healthy kitties, but lukemia + is almost a sure bet no one will be willing to give the kitty a home.
:sohappy::sohappy:

Second...for a boy, I think Nemo is cute. Oliver is cute too and Figaro though he was black and white. I guess I don't have any original suggestions, but I just had to applaud you for taking in the kitty.
-m

I'm with MissM! Kudos and lots of luv with your new kitty!

DisneyBunny

hcswingfield said:
I always wait a few days to discover my cat's personality before I choose a name. Maybe observing your new kitty for a while will reveal the name she should have.

I agree. I wish I had done this with my kittens. I came up with so many appropriate names after a few days, but they already started to respond to the original names, so they stuck.

And :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: for adopting a special needs cat. A person after my own heart. :D I can reccomend a few pet support groups online, if you need them.

SpongeScott

MissM said:
First off, kudos to you for adopting the kitty! It's hard enough to get people to adopt healthy kitties, but lukemia + is almost a sure bet no one will be willing to give the kitty a home.
While this is extremely noble, please be careful of exposing your cat to other cats. It is spreadable from cat to cat. Good luck!

Tigggrl

Congrats on the new kitty! I believe in adoption BIG time. MY 2 were adopted, one from the shelter and one we took in was found outside, during a storm by our Niece. She is a russian blue, and has a few problems. We think she may have been hit by a car as a kitten, and my niece couldnt handle her, so shes with me now. Her name is stormy, and it sticks cuz she is about a year old now. My Fiance calls her Psycho cat. My Sis in law recently lost her 2and1/2 year old cat from Congestive Heart Failure. It was a tremendous loss, as she was a truly one of a kind special Cat. She was in kitty intensive care for a week, before they had to put her down. They have since adopted a new little one, and after a few days named him Figaro!
Rescued cats are the most loving, YES even Stormy curls up in my lap and purrs herself to sleep while I stitch. She is a mommas girl now, and I know she appreciates all I do for her. My older cat Kiwi, dosent care for her, but tolerates her. You have done a wonderful thing, and I am sure an appropriate name will come!

Raven66

All my animals are adopted pets. My oldest cat, Seagram, was my first adopted pet. She was 15 when we finally had to put her down. It's been a year and a half and I still miss her.:cry: My daughter's hamster is named Splash. Even he was adopted. :D

bucklmd

My husband gave me a golden retriever puppy for Christmas and I named him Copper. It hasn't been suggested yet, so I thought I'd throw that one in. I know Copper was a fox, but it's still a really cute pet name. He is bringing me more and more joy every day - especially with his improving potty training! :)

Good luck with your new kitty and let us all know what you decide on.

swimmom

I'm liking Oliver, Hercules, Nemo & Copper, but I agree that you might want to get to know the cat and see want name fits. We recently adopted an orange & white cat that lost the tips of his ears to frostbite. His little ears actually make him really cute. We named our new cat Tigger, and it's so fitting. I'm glad to know that there are others out there willing to take on animals with needs.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

bucklmd said:
I know Copper was a fox

I thought Copper was the hound dog and Todd was the fox?

Anyway congrats on adopting a kitty! I like the names nemo and oliver. I also thought about Merlin. Merlin was in the Sword and the Stone! I always thought that would be a cute cat name. You could also name it Archimedes (sp?) after the owl from the Sword and the Stone and call him Archie for short. Jack Sparrow might be a good name if he acts 'piratey'. :) How about Elias after Walt Disney's middle name? You could call him Eli for short? Hope these help!

Epcot82Guy

I personally put in for Rajah.

I also think some park names could be fun. Might suggest one of the Mansion ghosts (Phineas comes to mind or Gracey). You could always name him Skippy. Could go JC and go with Skipper.

I also would suggest Elias as a nice classic Disney name that is unique.

SpenceMan01

Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who gives their things Disney related names. They don't allow pets here at college, so I don't have any, but I name my computers. My old machine is 'Walt', the new one is 'DACS', and my router's ID is 'Fantasmic!'. When I was on an internship at "Big Blue" last fall, I convinced my team lead to name their new computer 'yensid'.

As far as your cat, I like Rajah, but I agree with learning its personality first.

Shellybelle

I like the suggestions of "Oliver" or "Rajah".

PS Our dog's name is "Jasmine Kissed Me" shortened to "Jazzy" because after Jasmine kissed my son he kept telling everyone for months. Just out of the blue anywhere and everywhere he'd tell people about it.

BeachClubVillas

I like Oliver.

Someone mentioned awhile back that he/she knew of support groups for owners of special needs cats. Do you know of any sites for owners of diabetic cats? I have a 17 year old cat with diabetes/kidney failure. I was only six when we adopted him, so he doesn't have a Disney name. He actually has a girls' name. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom