New kitty needs disney name

bucklmd

Disneygirl86 said:
I thought Copper was the hound dog and Todd was the fox?

You may be right about that one. I really can't remember. I just thought the fox was Copper because of his color, but now that I think about it, I guess Todd was the fox. Either way, it's a good name! :p

maelstrom

I adopted a kitten a few months ago. Her and her brothers were taken away from their mother way before they should've been. They were fostered by what must have been a very loving family and then were put up for adoption. We adopted the runt of the litter. We named her Chloe (after much debating; we went through Bubbles, Holly, Ariel, Kitty, Alix, Buttons, and many more). She has such a great personality and it's obvious that her foster family gave her a lot of attention. She's so tiny and cute, how could you not?!

I liked the idea someone had of naming your cat Elias and calling him Eli for short. I like Oliver as well.

Halfling418

SpongeScott said:
That is our cat's name.

Actually, I like the name Lucifer. I think I said that because I recently watched Cinderella for the trillionth time, and Lucifer is so evil! But the name, I like. :)

And to an earlier post, Copper is definately a hound dog.

toby_(joven).jpg

But it's a great name too!

JMishy

timkelmom said:
There's also Sheer Khan.

*LOL* I'd love that name for a tiny kitten!! That would be hillarious.

I actually really like the name Mushu. I think I may have to steal that suggestion. :D

TiggerBW

WDWKat26 said:
I like Oliver...Nemo is a fish people! If he wanted a clown fish named nemo he would have bought a fish! Name it Oliver...it fits perfectly!

Yes, well........I named my fish Figaro! ha ha! (My first fish was Cleo so I'm going with a Pinnochio theme)

I'm glad you started this thread because I'll be getting a cat this summer and wanted suggestions as well. My husband is dead-set on Yoshi or Kiwi.
I want a Disney name as well.

I love Sher Khan, Rajah, Oliver, Skippy, Jimminy (can't spell) or after my favorite Country Bear, Big Al!

Tigggrl

Kiwi is the PERFECT name for a kitty!
My tabby's name is Kiwi, changed after he WAS Molly, and the vet told us it would give HIM a complex....LOL He is my baby! And the best cat in the world....Yeah, I am a little biased!
LOL

Legacy

Oliver was what first came to mind for me...

But you could always name him Chernabog.

Or her Malifacent.

:lookaroun

(What? Villians need lovin' too!)

Ernest Hemingway would only name his cats names with an "s" or "z" sound in them so that they would respond to their names easier. At one time he had 57 cats living with him in Cuba. If he didn't know then noone would.

We have three, all rescued, named Alex, Angus and Chip. In my experience the cats respond to the tone of voice rather than the words. They will come when they're called Tubby Butt, Saggy , or Stinky as often as their proper names, as long as I start the can opener!:lol:

Given the fact that he is rescued, I'd call him Lucky, although it doesn't follow the Hemingway rule.

Tink

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Congrats on taking in a sick kitty. I have had two cat with Feline LUK (adopted that way... not a result of me). They are at rainbow bridge now. I love the name Sheldon if it is a boy after the sneezy little seahorse on Nemo that is h20 intolerant. But, I also like the name Disney as a previous post also mentioned.

I am glad to know there are others out there who take in sick kittys. People like you understand it is the QUALITY of life you give to an animal, not the QUANTITY of life an animals has to give that makes them a great pet.

Uponastar

Tinkershelly said:
Ernest Hemingway would only name his cats names with an "s" or "z" sound in them so that they would respond to their names easier. At one time he had 57 cats living with him in Cuba. If he didn't know then noone would.

We have three, all rescued, named Alex, Angus and Chip. In my experience the cats respond to the tone of voice rather than the words. They will come when they're called Tubby Butt, Saggy , or Stinky as often as their proper names, as long as I start the can opener!:lol:

Given the fact that he is rescued, I'd call him Lucky, although it doesn't follow the Hemingway rule.

Tink

While visiting Key West a few years ago, we visited Hemingway House, a former home of Ernest Hemingway. The house and grounds are open to the public and are inhabited by the direct descendants of Hemingway's polydactyl cats. (Polydactyl cats have six toes on both front paws.) The cats are all beautiful and friendly. I didn't know about his rule for naming cats, though. I'll have to see if I can find the names of the current cats and see if they follow the rule.

Uponastar said:
While visiting Key West a few years ago, we visited Hemingway House, a former home of Ernest Hemingway. The house and grounds are open to the public and are inhabited by the direct descendants of Hemingway's polydactyl cats. (Polydactyl cats have six toes on both front paws.) The cats are all beautiful and friendly. I didn't know about his rule for naming cats, though. I'll have to see if I can find the names of the current cats and see if they follow the rule.

I got this information from the book Michael Palin's Hemingway Adventure. I believe that it's accurate. I know that it's funny. Polydactyl cats are quite common here. They say that the sailors thought that they were good luck on ships and so that's why they are found in port cities. All I know is they leave funny footprints in the snow, like they have their shoes on the wrong feet.:lol:

Tink

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom