New Jersey week in Disney!

Disneylover1302

Original Poster
OK,so when we went to Disney November 2008. We went then because we had no school because of a state-wide(NJ) teachers conference!So kids in NJ had November 6th and 7th off. We left on November 4th(Yes, election day so we find out who was the president was in Disney.) So at the Hotel we met a lot of people from New Jersey. Another thing was that for the shows when they would pick people out of the audience there had to be one person who was from New Jersey! Once, we were checking out at the Disney Store in DTD and the guy said "Are you from New Jersey?"!:eek:

I'm just wondering if anyone here went down the same week or ever noticed this! So I call this "Jersey Week" now!:lol:

disneyfan56

As far as I know it's always been called Jersey Week- at least in the past 5-10 years.

Yes my family was there last November, but other than our own family members, we didn't run into anyone we knew.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yes, so does everyone else. You can do numerous searches here and throughout Disneyana to find that that Teachers Education week in NJ is recognized my most as NJ week in WDW.

figmentisgreat

As the daughter of a teacher and a school custodian, I am familiar with Jersey Week :)

We always used to go down and run into fellow teachers and their families from our town.

The teacher's convention is not mandatory, so many of the Jersey-ans that you see down there are actually teachers!

mousebymarriage

That week has been "Jersey week" for a few years because almost the entire state has off of school for teachers convention. so many families head to Disney figuring light crowds because that week in November no one else has a school holiday. I personally have never been that week but, I have heard many, many reports that Disney is invaded by Jersey this week every year.

Craig & Lisa

the one problem for my wife who is a teacher is that her district,and some others, they do not close that whole week. Open monday, closed tuesday, open wed, and closed thurs and fri, so our sons and I get to go 2 days earlier than her, and she really hates it.

Goofy10

We have been at WDW in November the last 3 years and even though Jersey week makes the crowds a bit bigger its not noticeable really

njDizFan

okay no more Jersey bashing..lol

we Jerseyians know that there are at least 3 accents.

1) the North Jersey " sopranos" accent
2)the South Jersey/Philly slow "o"
3) and finally the rest of us with no accents who get sick of the stereotypes..lol

:mad::)

Luige11

3) and finally the rest of us with no accents who get sick of the stereotypes..lol

i got number 1

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

Hurray for the #3's
I always thought the #1's were just New Yorkers living in North Jersey

We do have a little bit of the #2 that seeps into our area however....DD has a touch of it...and don't have a clue where she got it from...:confused:
Like pronouncing Trenton as Treuuh

castevens

Hurray for the #3's
I always thought the #1's were just New Yorkers living in North Jersey

We do have a little bit of the #2 that seeps into our area however....DD has a touch of it...and don't have a clue where she got it from...:confused:
Like pronouncing Trenton as Treuuh

I love my hometown Rhode Island accent. Being about halfway between New York and Boston (well, closer to Boston, but still NY has an effect), there is a certain amount of both the Bostonian and NY accent in RI speech. It really does a number on a word like "Water" where a Bostonian would pronounce it "Wah-tah" and a NYer would pronounce it "War-ter" -- In RI, sometimes it will come out "War-tah"

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I love my hometown Rhode Island accent. Being about halfway between New York and Boston (well, closer to Boston, but still NY has an effect), there is a certain amount of both the Bostonian and NY accent in RI speech. It really does a number on a word like "Water" where a Bostonian would pronounce it "Wah-tah" and a NYer would pronounce it "War-ter" -- In RI, sometimes it will come out "War-tah"

Unlike us where it comes out as wooter...
We'll be up in RI for a wedding this summer....and I am often at our facilities in Burlington MA, so I know the accents you describe pretty well. :D

Far better enjoying the many accents along the east coast...especially compared to the sameness of the midwest and California (sure I'll get flamed for that... :shrug:)

Phonedave

Unlike us where it comes out as wooter...
We'll be up in RI for a wedding this summer....and I am often at our facilities in Burlington MA, so I know the accents you describe pretty well. :D

Far better enjoying the many accents along the east coast...especially compared to the sameness of the midwest and California (sure I'll get flamed for that... :shrug:)

It's Wudda if I get lazy :)

Yeah, if I get animated about something, the good 'ol Northeast Jersey accent comes out. Jeet ? No, Juu ? Who knows what that translates too ? :0

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom