New Imagineering book...got it early!

csm

It doesn't seem to be available at wdw? At least didn't see it anywhere at downtown disney tonight..

Horizons1

My high-dollar books are all college text books. This past semester alone I spent over $700 on books. And those were all used!!:veryconfu

You should use Chegg.com. With Chegg, you rent your books, all at a low price. You can even sell your used books back to Chegg. Use this code (CC124648) if your rent or sell books on Chegg.com. You'll either get an additional 5% off or get an addititonal 5 dollars back.

I used Chegg this past semester and paid 80 dollars for all my books.

WorldKey

Which one? Making More Magic Real? Amazon US. Mine is on the way now. Finally.

Or the original? It`s only the paperback one (I proudly have a well thumbed hardback 1st run) but Amazon US have 4 at the moment new:

http://www.amazon.com/WALT-DISNEY-I...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274104667&sr=8-2

It`s certainly out before September. Got mine in `96.

Thanks for the info - just ordered from Amazon. The 'first addition' is one of my favorite books and the reviews on Amazon (by someone like most of us) say that it is fantastic. Can't wait!

It was enjoyable, though I enjoyed the first one a lot more.

Most of the pictures are great, and some of the layouts and spreads are fun, but I found the writing to be a little list-heavy.

Testtrack321

Bit the bullet, got the book on Amazon. They say it'll be here by the 25-7th, but I think it'll be here earlier than that. Can't wait!

Lee

Adventurer
Got mine today. Totally new, and as good as the original.

Especially if you like concept art :D

Yep.
Just spent the last two hours with mine, fresh from Amazon.
Love the early HKDL plan.
Indy, Big Thunder, Pirates, a great FL.....drool....:rolleyes:

lilclerk

Yeah I preordered this, oh, about forever ago now and Amazon told me the estimated delivery was 6/7 (free shipping.) Come home today and there is a GIANT box at my door :lol: This book is huge!

And the castle cake doesn't look too bad in concept art, maybe that's why they did it.

brkgnews

Yeah I preordered this, oh, about forever ago now and Amazon told me the estimated delivery was 6/7 (free shipping.) Come home today and there is a GIANT box at my door :lol: This book is huge!

And the castle cake doesn't look too bad in concept art, maybe that's why they did it.
I KNOW! Castle Cake looks quite tolerable in the art :D

This is a realllllly, reallllllly great book!

Atomicmickey

GOT IT! Awesome!

So . . . group question.

Throughout my book, where there are spreads and special printing features, they've leaved it with tissue paper.

Are we keeping these, or removing and discarding them?

Something tells me these are there to protect the possibility of the pages sticking after the printing process, and that they are unnecessary, now.

I'm not keeping this in a bag for the future or anything--but will keep it as near to pristine as I can. So, it's not a collectible in that "don't touch" sense to me.

So, keep 'em or chuck 'em? They do get in the way of reading and are hard to replace exactly.

?:shrug:

lilclerk

GOT IT! Awesome!

So . . . group question.

Throughout my book, where there are spreads and special printing features, they've leaved it with tissue paper.

In my book, those are only on the pages where they fold out to make a larger spread. I think the tissue paper is there to prevent those pages from bending and creasing. I kept them on, but I'm like that with books :eek:

brkgnews

GOT IT! Awesome!

So . . . group question.

Something tells me these are there to protect the possibility of the pages sticking after the printing process, and that they are unnecessary, now.

I'm not keeping this in a bag for the future or anything--but will keep it as near to pristine as I can. So, it's not a collectible in that "don't touch" sense to me.

So, keep 'em or chuck 'em? They do get in the way of reading and are hard to replace exactly.

?:shrug:
I chunked all of mine. Just "in the way," and seemed like they were there to protect during the binding process. The only one I was hesitant to get rid of was the one on the transparent castle blueprint overlay... I'm a bit worried about transfer of that ink; but I just bit the bullet and tossed that tissue sheet too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom