News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Vegas Disney Fan

I was just watching a video from last year and you are correct that the planters along the wall had already been removed, although the planters were still at the entrance, there were benches along the wall though so maybe once they no longer need the space for queue the benches will come back.

Just having the benches, and a few trash cans, along the wall really helped break up the monotony.

TP2000

I was just watching a video from last year and you are correct that the planters along the wall had already been removed, although the planters were still at the entrance, there were benches along the wall though so maybe once they no longer need the space for queue the benches will come back.

Just having the benches, and a few trash cans, along the wall really helped break up the monotony.

As I remember, they removed that planter along that wall in 2019 to get ready for all the Star Wars Land crowds that never showed up.

SuddenStorm

So, I'm mixed on Disney integrating unused concepts from the ride's development- which is what this bat originates from.

On one hand- even Davis's stuff that didn't make it into the ride in the '60s is miles better than anything WDI could dream up these days.

On the other hand- I imagine the prop wasn't actually a part of the mansion originally for a reason. If WDI decided it wasn't worth the budget or using the concept back in the '60s, they probably had a reason?

Vegas Disney Fan

I like to imagine the team did everything in their power to install that fountain, as a lively working fountain, into the queue. But management said no. Would've been lovely. It's a low bar, but I am glad it wasn't thrown out.
I’m glad they saved it too but am dumbfounded that they didn’t keep it a fountain, there’s already power in the queue area, they could have created a new basin and just plugged it back in, they probably saved $5k by making it a planter. Seems like a very short sighted cost decision, now that it’s in place as a planter it would cost 5 times that amount to move it and tear up the area again. We ended up with a nice planter rather than a beautiful fountain because someone pinched a penny.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Do we know that it won't be an actual working fountain when regular HM returns with the new full queue back in January? I mean it could just be placed there as a temporary measure without it fully working. We do know from the concept art that there will be at least one working fountain in the extended queue, so its not a huge stretch to think they may make this fountain work too when the new queue is fully complete.

AJFireman

Do we know that it won't be an actual working fountain when regular HM returns with the new full queue back in January? I mean it could just be placed there as a temporary measure without it fully working. We do know from the concept art that there will be at least one working fountain in the extended queue, so its not a huge stretch to think they may make this fountain work too when the new queue is fully complete.
I wish that could happen but the way it looks its buried and not the original base. To me is looks like a planter with a cement ring then the top of the fountain is added to the middle like they would ring a tree to prevent weeds/grass . The original base was not a perfect circle.
1722362121795.jpeg

truecoat

Interestingly, the 3rd lane is now labeled as an exit. Previously, this was the pathway the wheelchairs and scooters used to get to the entrance if I'm not mistaken So, will this be the exit only for wheelchairs and scooters after construction since an elevator is being built on the left side of the building?

HM exit.jpg

AJFireman

Interestingly, the 3rd lane is now labeled as an exit. Previously, this was the pathway the wheelchairs and scooters used to get to the entrance if I'm not mistaken So, will this be the exit only for wheelchairs and scooters after construction since an elevator is being built on the left side of the building?

View attachment 805281
That is an old picture with no decor on the Mansion. Here is a current picture

1722364059315.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wish that could happen but the way it looks its buried and not the original base. To me is looks like a planter with a cement ring then the top of the fountain is added to the middle like they would ring a tree to prevent weeds/grass . The original base was not a perfect circle.
View attachment 805302
Well this is obviously not the final form of the queue. So more could be done in the future, we don't know. To me it just looks like the octagonal pedestal is below grade, possible for better scale in the queue. That still doesn't mean it can't be hooked up to a water source in the future.

But yes its also possible this could just remain a nice decorative planter as a nod to the past. We'll just have to wait and see.

duncedoof

I’m glad they saved it too but am dumbfounded that they didn’t keep it a fountain, there’s already power in the queue area, they could have created a new basin and just plugged it back in, they probably saved $5k by making it a planter. Seems like a very short sighted cost decision, now that it’s in place as a planter it would cost 5 times that amount to move it and tear up the area again. We ended up with a nice planter rather than a beautiful fountain because someone pinched a penny.
Would've been lovely to have a working mountain in the actual Mansion.

lazyboy97o

View attachment 805302
It wasn’t buried. The fountain was always a piece separate from the pool.

Misted Compass

The VQ is no longer needed (wasn't even to begin with).

It should just go away to ease guests of an extra headache just to ride this attraction.
To be fair, there's not really an "extra headache" if you can book a new VQ as late as after fireworks.
I'd even argue that it's justified, considering that the ride's actual queue is still behind work walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom