New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

MagicJack78

The portion of the track that sticks up straight in air is rather odd looking. Will that be enclosed or themed somehow? What is the plan for that section?

Animaniac93-98

The portion of the track that sticks up straight in air is rather odd looking. Will that be enclosed or themed somehow? What is the plan for that section?

You crash after the train runs off the track and you spend the next week of your vacation in Hogwart's hospital wing to get the true Harry Potter experience:

1540776555696.png

1540776640499.png

;)

MagicJack78

Or a cave of some sort.

If it's blocked enough from view with trees, it could even potentially stay out in the open.

-Rob
I ask because most structures for the ride appear to be under construction at this point. I guess we still have about 6-8 months of construction left depending on the opening. A lot can still happen but it still is a bit odd to me that the track is still open.
Trees make sense but they would have to be some big trees.

raven

I ask because most structures for the ride appear to be under construction at this point. I guess we still have about 6-8 months of construction left depending on the opening. A lot can still happen but it still is a bit odd to me that the track is still open.
Trees make sense but they would have to be some big trees.
Could also have to do with the clearance requirements for cranes and other construction equipment needing to be out of the way. Often some areas are built toward the end of a project for this reason.

Rob562

The best pics I have seen, (unless you have a drone), would be the walkway on the way to the Hogwart's Express.

The trees are really starting to block the construction well. We just got home from 4 nights at Universal and really the only visible progress to report is that weatherproof lining is being attached to the roof of the "barn/hut" in preparation for shingles or whatever is going on top.

And one thing I hope they eventually add some kind of themeing to is the back corner of the Devil's Snare building. It can clearly be seen from the Hogwarts Express platform.

-Rob

OG Runner

The trees are really starting to block the construction well. We just got home from 4 nights at Universal and really the only visible progress to report is that weatherproof lining is being attached to the roof of the "barn/hut" in preparation for shingles or whatever is going on top.

And one thing I hope they eventually add some kind of themeing to is the back corner of the Devil's Snare building. It can clearly be seen from the Hogwarts Express platform.

-Rob

Thanks Rob, for that update.

Rob562

Circling back to the coaster's concept art and that unknown ruin in it... An idea presented itself to me while reading Goblet of Fire this week (for the first time ever).

Hermione says this of what Hogwarts would look like to Muggles:
"'It's bewitched,’ said Hermione. ‘If a Muggle looks at it, all they see is a mouldering old ruin with a sign over the entrance saying DANGER, DO NOT ENTER, UNSAFE.’"

Not sure how they'd work that into things in a cohesive way, but it jumped out at me as I was reading and seemed worth tossing out there.

-Rob

OG Runner

Sorry, I don't have the like. It was just a video I watched. It was titled something like Universal updates.
I think it was dated around 11/21/2018. It even talked about a Jurassic Park roller coaster that is supposed
to be going in, with a high point of 175ft. (honest, this is not my rumor, it was on the video)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom