New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

bhg469

Rockit is a full-on seating position with headrests and handle bars that are close enough to be grasped without any deviation from an upright position.

At a a near 90 degree angle, in order to hold onto extended handle bars you’d be performing a sit-up, or risk tearing a muscle. It’s just not gonna happen. And I honestly don’t understand why people want it to.
so this is going to be a failure because you're imagining some impossible seating position? Got it... Thanks for the update! You can avoid the ride completely.

Stripes

so this is going to be a failure because you're imagining some impossible seating position? Got it... Thanks for the update! You can avoid the ride completely.
Where did I say that? I think a regular coaster seating position would be 100x better than a motorbike position given the track layout.

Disneyhead'71

Where did I say that? I think a regular coaster seating position would be 100x better than a motorbike position given the track layout.
It will sit differently than Tron. It will sit more like a Honda Gold Wing

s-l400.jpg

than a Kawasaki Ninja.

81xO3BxAyZL._SL1500_.jpg

I know which bike I would rather ride from Florida to Yellowstone.

Bottom line, this coaster is an "Intamin Motorbike Coaster" with motorcycle/sidecar theming. But, yes, it will have a different type of seats/restraints than Tron.

You'll notice Hagrid isn't in Ninja position on his motorbike either.

latest

PS, I chose that scene from the Potter series for a reason.

Last edited:

Stripes

It will sit differently than Tron. It will sit more like a Honda Gold Wing

s-l400.jpg

than a Kawasaki Ninja.

81xO3BxAyZL._SL1500_.jpg

I know which bike I would rather ride from Florida to Yellowstone.

Bottom line, this coaster is an "Intamin Motorbike Coaster" with motorcycle/sidecar theming.

You'll notice Hagrid isn't in Ninja position on his motorbike either.

latest

PS, I chose that scene from the Potter series for a reason.
On the train though it looks like Hagrid's seat goes high enough to provide a headrest though. Also probably needed due to the incline. Can you imagine not having one? God, my neck hurts just thinking about it. Again, a good thing. But I find it difficult to call it a "motorbike coaster" when you're not in a motorbike position, and thus don't get the same feeling. In fairness to both of us, I'll chalk this one up to a difference in definition/misunderstanding.

As to the cave, there's a few significant issues I see.
One, why would they plant trees so close to the structure before even pouring the foundation?
DulFZRhU8AAUvNC

They're right up against the track leaving very little room for excavation and concrete pour. As you can see in the photo below, the ground on the tree side of the track is not level in the slightest.
DulFwsbUYAEYDMx.jpeg

Two, they would have to construct and theme a building the size of the green box all in the span of 4.5 months tops, while at the same time theming the underpass concrete. A building I would add that hasn't been covered in any permits. There were only 3 buildings disclosed in permits on the project: the drop building, the castle ruins, and the hut-structure, all matching their respective square footage. The steel looks like a rockwork structure though so we shall see. I worry this may be Everest version 2 in terms of light leakage, as it's quite a tight space and they don't seem to be theming the inside considering they would be going straight to steel rockwork prep.

Last edited:

OG Runner

I think it always comes back to "this will not be as good as GotG or anything else Disney does"

Which is funny to watch

How did you come up with that? I think you are looking for a comparison that no one has made. I am pretty sure it
has been pretty well documented that this will be a ride that shouldn't be compared with any other parks rides. There
was a brief mention of Tron, due to a cycle type ride, but other than that you really are reaching.

bhg469

Because it will be regualr seating
IT WILL NOT BE A MOTORBIKE POSITION!!!!!!!!!!
This^^

a launched coaster with a steep incline will have head rests. If they don't I will be shocked and it will take approximately one train load of guests before someone is paralyzed.

raven

So we can see the trains are 7 vehicles long. While we pretty much know the theming of the cars, my bet would be that these are 4-seater cars and not 2-seaters due to capacity issues. I just don’t see Universal dispatching trains with only 14 guests on them. Most coasters seat 20. Two rows on these vehicles would be able to accommodate 28 guests per train.

imperius

So we can see the trains are 7 vehicles long. While we pretty much know the theming of the cars, my bet would be that these are 4-seater cars and not 2-seaters due to capacity issues. I just don’t see Universal dispatching trains with only 14 guests on them. Most coasters seat 20. Two rows on these vehicles would be able to accommodate 28 guests per train.
Would guess it’s 14. Motorcycle and sidecar.

JoeCamel

It is 14 but there can be several trains on the track at once with the linear controlled sections.

Think of it more as a huge dark ride rather than a gravity coaster.

Disneyhead'71

They are 14 passenger trains. The capacity will come from running a lot of trains. It is a 6 launch coaster so theoretically they could run 8 trains at a time. My guess is they will be running 6 trains at a time. They did build duel drop tracks to increase capacity.

Wasn't there a situation that had 7 Potters somewhere in the story?

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

On the train though it looks like Hagrid's seat goes high enough to provide a headrest though. Also probably needed due to the incline. Can you imagine not having one? God, my neck hurts just thinking about it. Again, a good thing. But I find it difficult to call it a "motorbike coaster" when you're not in a motorbike position, and thus don't get the same feeling. In fairness to both of us, I'll chalk this one up to a difference in definition/misunderstanding.

As to the cave, there's a few significant issues I see.
One, why would they plant trees so close to the structure before even pouring the foundation?
DulFZRhU8AAUvNC

They're right up against the track leaving very little room for excavation and concrete pour. As you can see in the photo below, the ground on the tree side of the track is not level in the slightest.
View attachment 334181
Two, they would have to construct and theme a building the size of the green box all in the span of 4.5 months tops, while at the same time theming the underpass concrete. A building I would add that hasn't been covered in any permits. There were only 3 buildings disclosed in permits on the project: the drop building, the castle ruins, and the hut-structure, all matching their respective square footage. The steel looks like a rockwork structure though so we shall see. I worry this may be Everest version 2 in terms of light leakage, as it's quite a tight space and they don't seem to be theming the inside considering they would be going straight to steel rockwork prep.
I believe the seating position will be more "motorcycle-like" than you are thinking. You probably will still be straddling a gas tank. Even though I'm not sure if you will have to hike a leg over it to board or if it will lower into place when you lower the lapbar. Straddling a gas tank and holding on to handle bars will be very reminiscent of a motorcycle.

You seem to be under the impression that there is only one position that qualifies as motorcycle seating. Which isn't the case.

21stamps

They are 14 passenger trains. The capacity will come from running a lot of trains. It is a 6 launch coaster so theoretically they could run 8 trains at a time. My guess is they will be running 6 trains at a time. They did build duel drop tracks to increase capacity.

Wasn't there a situation that had 7 Potters somewhere in the story?

8?!

Is that even legal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom