New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Tom Morrow

So one of my friends that I went to Uni with mentioned that each segment of FJ should really have its own ride, I can’t disagree with her. Keep the stuff that happens in the castle in FJ, but create separate rides for the Forbidden Forest (happening with this coaster) and Quidditch. Something with Flight of Passage tech would be incredible for a Quidditch ride if they could do it.
I think I get what you're saying. When they made Forbidden Journey, they didn't anticipate that they would eventually build multiple Potter attractions, and as such, FJ is a "Greatest Hits" sampler of Potter. Now that we have a ride that is presumably about the Forbidden Forest, it doesn't make sense to also go through the forbidden forest in FJ.

Princess Leia

I think I get what you're saying. When they made Forbidden Journey, they didn't anticipate that they would eventually build multiple Potter attractions, and as such, FJ is a "Greatest Hits" sampler of Potter. Now that we have a ride that is presumably about the Forbidden Forest, it doesn't make sense to also go through the forbidden forest in FJ.
Nothing from the first book was incorporated into FJ (unless you count Quidditch). Fluffy- who could be going into the FF ride- or any other details from the Forbidden Corridor (winged keys, wizard chess, troll) are up for grabs.

OG Runner

Nothing from the first book was incorporated into FJ (unless you count Quidditch). Fluffy- who could be going into the FF ride- or any other details from the Forbidden Corridor (winged keys, wizard chess, troll) are up for grabs.

Devil's Snare is supposed to be one of the ride elements for the new coaster, isn't it? I thought mention of it being used
in connection with the drop track section has been mentioned.

DRD

I'm with Tim Tracker on this one (although granted, I'm in no position to judge the size of the buildings; maybe they're just too big!?) -- but especially if there's a similar structure to the side... they would seem to have the right footprint for Hagrid's hut. Obviously they'd have to add to or modify the existing structure to get the right roof line... and of course, for us uber-nerds, that places the timeline of the ride in or after the third film, because Hagrid's hut design and location changed after the first couple of movies, when filming of the hut took place on location in Scotland rather than on a soundstage... (Appropos of nothing, I did a tour with my family of Scotland last year, and we got to see -- or rather, look out our bus window at -- the exact location where the hut scenes were filmed, not far from Glencoe. It was really cool!)

7899660.jpg
After rewatching Half Blood Prince last night, I agree that it's almost certainly Hagrid's hut.

JustInTime

I disagree. It depends on the story the ride tells. In FJ you leave the castle. The same could be said for the next ride. It works fine. The forrest in FJ isn’t the literal same place the coaster will be but it’s the “same” forest in that world. Yes you enter in the castle but you leave back out once you enter. I think it works.

JustInTime

Ha...well, obviously this ride is going to be all about the Weasley's trip to Egypt mentioned briefly in Prisoner of Azkaban.

The picture may not really give the depth but it looked to be an octagon-shaped building with a pointed top. I think (though can't be sure) there was another similar building further to the right about 20 feet.

Tim Tracker on youtube guessed that it was Hagrid's hut. After seeing it first hand (and a couple weeks after his video) I didn't get the impression it was his hut but could be wrong. I'll be curious to see if the different letters spray painted on the roof indicate different textures/thatching or what exactly.

Finally, I thought the cranes would be a distraction from the theming of Hogsmeade and take away from the feel a little bit. I can't say that it did.
So they’d get rid of the other Hagrid’a hut? Weird.

Princess Leia

Are any elements of the coaster going to be visible from ground level? I couldn’t see any (other than the buildings) last week, but it’s possible I wasn’t looking hard enough.

That’s the unfortunate thing about Hippogriff- it’s a cute and fun little coaster, but I hate the exposed track next to Hogwarts.

DRD

So they’d get rid of the other Hagrid’a hut? Weird.

Yeah...I'm not sure how that is all going to work, but based on what I saw (wish I'd captured the entire structure instead of just one) and what I saw from the movie, it sure appears to be his hut. Guess it could be something else though.

JoeCamel

Yeah...I'm not sure how that is all going to work, but based on what I saw (wish I'd captured the entire structure instead of just one) and what I saw from the movie, it sure appears to be his hut. Guess it could be something else though.
I think we will find this is not where Hagrid lives but where he keeps one of his fantastic beasts leaving the one at Hippogriff as his primary domicile

Tom Morrow

I disagree. It depends on the story the ride tells. In FJ you leave the castle. The same could be said for the next ride. It works fine. The forrest in FJ isn’t the literal same place the coaster will be but it’s the “same” forest in that world. Yes you enter in the castle but you leave back out once you enter. I think it works.
I guess it's similar to how in Radiator Springs Racers, you ride through a different version of Radiator Springs than the land you just walked through to get to the ride..

JustInTime

I guess it's similar to how in Radiator Springs Racers, you ride through a different version of Radiator Springs than the land you just walked through to get to the ride..
That’s kinda what I’m thinking. It’s a simulation of what you walked past. Stands to reason that you flew out of the castle, into the forest and back into the castle. But there is no rule to say the forest or grounds can’t exist in more than one ride.

Rob562

Are any elements of the coaster going to be visible from ground level? I couldn’t see any (other than the buildings) last week, but it’s possible I wasn’t looking hard enough.

That’s the unfortunate thing about Hippogriff- it’s a cute and fun little coaster, but I hate the exposed track next to Hogwarts.

From what I can tell, from within Hogsmeade proper you won't be able to see much. But once you go through the archway and enter the queue, you should be able to see a few places in the track. (Though how much will depend on just how thick the trees are)

You also used to be able to see some of Dragon Challenge from the exit pathway of the train station, and I don't see why that would change, but right now there are solid construction walls where a fence used to be.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom