New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

raven

I'm expecting a full stop of the train either before or after the spike to allow for the track to switch. They would never design a coaster that relied on a switch moving into place every time, where a failure could potentially mean derailing and serious damages and injury. The lawyers would never sign off.

-Rob
The same technology has been implemented for a few other coasters around the world as well. This LSM’s can stop the train as it heads backwards if the switch fails. But I also believe the switch will happen behind the train as it’s sitting still for a possible show scene before it launches forward.

ToTBellHop

The same technology has been implemented for a few other coasters around the world as well. This LSM’s can stop the train as it heads backwards if the switch fails. But I also believe the switch will happen behind the train as it’s sitting still for a possible show scene before it launches forward.
That would make the most sense.

ToTBellHop

You can also see in the video the ride does not stop at the same spot each time. There must be
away that can be adjusted. Could there be a braking system on the ride vehicles?
The LSMs adjust as this is test&adjust. In practice it will still vary a bit due to different weights of each train unless they weigh each train in the station like Dragon Challenge did.

Epcot_Imagineer

Has everyone here seen the POV animation? Unsure if that has been posted and I stumbled upon it today...
The video description say the video is based on leaks about the ride in conjunction with Bioreconstruct's aerial pictures. Track layout seems to line up with everything I've read here.

EDIT: After looking over more and more, disregard some of the "show" scenes as they were seemingly invented by the video creator. Track layout is accurate to the ride though.

Tom Morrow

I HOPE the final product does not have that ham-fisted story. Another "something goes wrong" cliche and "oh no we have to cut this adventure short"?? If that is the actual story then they deserve massive ridicule for once again going for the most creatively bankrupt and cliche' design choices on the ride that was supposed to be an apology of sorts for their last several mediocre-to-terrible efforts.

Like seriously I JUST WANT TO RIDE WITH HAGRID AND HAVE SOME WHIMSICAL FUN, that alone is enough of a concept, the same way I just wanted to ride the wild Gringotts carts and not watch action happen while stopped. How could they be so inept??

Please tell me that is just someone's interpretation of the ride layout and not the actual story.

Last edited:

Epcot_Imagineer

Please tell me that is just someone's interpretation of the ride layout and not the actual story.
The layout is correct; that is how the ride will operate. The story and dialogue in the video is based on a combination of leaks and the video creator's interpretation, so that is not 100% what it will be, pay less attention to that.

Rob562

I'm curious what coasters operate in the manner you describe, where standard operation doesn't stop the train every time. (My knowledge of non-US coasters isn't as broad as my US coasters)

-Rob

JT3000

Mind that there may be 7 - 8 trains on track at one time so none are going to stay in one place for very long.

They may not stay still for minutes at a time, but there are several spots where the train should theoretically either stop entirely or slow considerably for the sake of a show scene. Otherwise all those launches would be redundant. I'm not sure this particular area will be one such spot, but I can't imagine them not giving the switch time to do its thing, for safety if nothing else.

JoeCamel

I HOPE the final product does not have that ham-fisted story. Another "something goes wrong" cliche and "oh no we have to cut this adventure short"?? If that is the actual story then they deserve massive ridicule for once again going for the most creatively bankrupt and cliche' design choices on the ride that was supposed to be an apology of sorts for their last several mediocre-to-terrible efforts.

Like seriously I JUST WANT TO RIDE WITH HAGRID AND HAVE SOME WHIMSICAL FUN, that alone is enough of a concept, the same way I just wanted to ride the wild Gringotts carts and not watch action happen while stopped. How could they be so inept??

Oh, something will go wrong.......

eta - I don't know for sure but I would bet you get sprayed with water at some point in the ride.

Last edited:

OG Runner

Sorry, but like the ride name states, this is an Adventure. Off hand there will be the ride stopping and then going backwards. The Devil's Snare, drop track. Yeah, this isn't going to be a straight nature ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom