New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Tom Morrow

Except they left out one major reoccurring detail that’s a huge difference between the two companies when it comes to attraction name reveals.

Universal: “...opening in a few months...”

Disney: “...opening in a few years...”
That's exactly what the post is joking about. They clearly had this announcement ready to go, just waiting for Universal to drop the Hagrid bomb so they could pull the trigger, despite it being relatively inconsequential and years off.

OG Runner

Not much, they would run out of track. He is shooting over the sound wall on that corner.

I just meant that adjustments can be made, for all we know, there could be a show element at the top
of the section of track. There could be more of a delay, before it rolls back, etc.

Rob562

I'm more impressed that they can switch the track that quickly.

I'm expecting a full stop of the train either before or after the spike to allow for the track to switch. They would never design a coaster that relied on a switch moving into place every time, where a failure could potentially mean derailing and serious damages and injury. The lawyers would never sign off.

-Rob

lazyboy97o

I'm expecting a full stop of the train either before or after the spike to allow for the track to switch. They would never design a coaster that relied on a switch moving into place every time, where a failure could potentially mean derailing and serious damages and injury. The lawyers would never sign off.

-Rob
There is a stretch of straight track that could include a fail-safe brake that only disengages when the switch is locked in place.

JoeCamel

I just meant that adjustments can be made, for all we know, there could be a show element at the top
of the section of track. There could be more of a delay, before it rolls back, etc.
No show element, no brake on the spike. As @lazyboy97o said there is a section that can stop the train if the switch fails but that is a simple slide switch not like the rolling switch on everest and there is a lot more room between the reverse and the switch here.

ToTBellHop

There is a stretch of straight track that could include a fail-safe brake that only disengages when the switch is locked in place.
Would it have a launch to get the coaster going again if the fail-safe was used? Surely they won’t want to evacuate and manually move the train whenever this happens.

the.dreamfinder

Track layout by Alicia Stella
https://orlandoparkstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/potter-coaster-layout-2019-09.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom