New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Stripes

I know it's not exactly the same but how many trains run on the mummy? Seems like the amount of show elements this will have there will be room for quite a few trains.
8?!

Is that even legal?
It doesn't have anything to do with show elements. The launches allow the coaster to be divided into sections. Basically, if an emergency stop was performed, the launch sections would act to slow each train to a halt. That's how, under absolutely ideal, perfect conditions you could have that many trains on the track at once. But given the short distance between each launch and the existence of a few still show scenes that would wreck the timing, it's highly, highly unlikely that there would be 8 at once.

Rob562

It doesn't have anything to do with show elements. The launches allow the coaster to be divided into sections. Basically, if an emergency stop was performed, the launch sections would act to slow each train to a halt. That's how, under absolutely ideal, perfect conditions you could have that many trains on the track at once. But given the short distance between each launch and the existence of a few still show scenes that would wreck the timing, it's highly, highly unlikely that there would be 8 at once.

You also have to consider that there would be 3 or 4 trains crawling through the station at any one time in their (rumored) continuous loading setup. A rough guess based on the known blocks and rumored show scenes, I'd put 4 or 5 trains out on the course at any one time.

I believe MK's Space Mountain has the record for most trains on track at any one time. Each side can run up to 14 trains at one time. It's all a matter of blocks and timing. (Which is why Space Mountain cascades to an e-stop if any one train sits at unload for more than a minute or so)

-Rob

BubbaQuest

I believe MK's Space Mountain has the record for most trains on track at any one time. Each side can run up to 14 trains at one time. It's all a matter of blocks and timing. (Which is why Space Mountain cascades to an e-stop if any one train sits at unload for more than a minute or so)

Both Space Mountains are people eaters with very small trains (12 for DL and 6 for MK). If I remember correctly, California Screamin had the highest in-motion capacity for a roller coaster when it first opened with 5 trains in motion at the same time. Not sure about MK, but I think DL space mountain can hold 6 trains in the queue area before an e-stop (3 post load, one in queue, and 2 waiting to unload). That's a lot of people "on ride" even though they are not moving!

LIM/LSMs will definitely help capacity as they work great as both block brakes and speed regulators. You can see it often on the second lift of California Screamin as the speed of the train up that hill changes based on the position of the train in front of you.

I can't wait to see this thing in action!

Princess Leia

They are 14 passenger trains. The capacity will come from running a lot of trains. It is a 6 launch coaster so theoretically they could run 8 trains at a time. My guess is they will be running 6 trains at a time. They did build duel drop tracks to increase capacity.

Wasn't there a situation that had 7 Potters somewhere in the story?
7 Potters was in Deathly Hallows (but not on school grounds)

7 is a pretty big number in the series. 7 books, 7 tasks to the Sorcerer’s Stone, 7 horcruxes, 7 Potters, 7 beloved character deaths in Deathly Hallows...

flynnibus

Premium Member
So we should make up a completely new description when discussing a product from a specific company because another, uninvolved company’s product is different?
That's like saying Harley-Davidson shouldn't call their product motorcycles because you sit in a different position than on a Kawasaki Ninja. Only crotch rockets should be called motorcycles.

In both these cases you guys are holding onto literal definitions even while knowing they don’t serve the purpose for the discussion at hand. That’s simply being stubborn verse looking at the need... and addressing it.

It is possible to be true and factual, but still be ambiguous... that doesn’t help anyone. When a term no longer serves the purpose, we look to improve so that we continue to move forward. Instead you guys have gone on for pages about what is and isn’t... while the term is right, but no one gains.

I’m not saying don’t disagree about what a term includes or not (upright verse prone or whatever)... but simply use less ambiguous terms if the term no longer conveys the intended clarity.

Disneyhead'71

In both these cases you guys are holding onto literal definitions even while knowing they don’t serve the purpose for the discussion at hand. That’s simply being stubborn verse looking at the need... and addressing it.

It is possible to be true and factual, but still be ambiguous... that doesn’t help anyone. When a term no longer serves the purpose, we look to improve so that we continue to move forward. Instead you guys have gone on for pages about what is and isn’t... while the term is right, but no one gains.

I’m not saying don’t disagree about what a term includes or not (upright verse prone or whatever)... but simply use less ambiguous terms if the term no longer conveys the intended clarity.
What I don't get is why it isn't a Motorbike Coaster when it's clearly listed on the import log as a Motorbike Coaster, it looks like a motorcycle, and you will be sitting with a gas tank between your legs holding on to handle bars.

I mean, Hagrid's Motorbike isn't a Motorbike Coaster, but the Tron Lightcycle is?

lazyboy97o

What purpose is not being served? The discussion is specifically about an Intamin roller coaster. Vekoma and Zamperla were never even openly discussed as possibilities for the ride vendor.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What purpose is not being served?

uhh.. simple conveyance of what the ride vehicle is setup as through labels the lay understand without confusion.

When someone says "where are you from?" - and you respond "earth" or "38.8977° N, 77.0365° W" - It's accurate, but doesn't serve the purpose to make the answer clear, precise, and generally digestible without more work.

lazyboy97o

uhh.. simple conveyance of what the ride vehicle is setup as through labels the lay understand without confusion.

When someone says "where are you from?" - and you respond "earth" or "38.8977° N, 77.0365° W" - It's accurate, but doesn't serve the purpose to make the answer clear, precise, and generally digestible without more work.
Examples have been provided repeatedly.

This is more like people specifically discussing where in Georgia they are from and then people saying one cannot be from Columbus because that is in Ohio. Now you are saying that people should somehow better describe Columbus, GA because, despite the conversation always being about Georgia, some will confuse it with Ohio.

Stripes

What I don't get is why it isn't a Motorbike Coaster when it's clearly listed on the import log as a Motorbike Coaster, it looks like a motorcycle, and you will be sitting with a gas tank between your legs holding on to handle bars.

I mean, Hagrid's Motorbike isn't a Motorbike Coaster, but the Tron Lightcycle is?
I want to highlight this, as you seem to be under the impression that the import data said that it was a motorbike coaster. When in actuality, all Intamin coasters in import logs are referred to as "Motor Coaster" or "Moto Coaster". It's just the term that Intamin uses instead of "Roller Coaster" or something similar. The import data isn't meant to be very specific. For example, Apple simply refers to all their laptops and desktops as well as iPads as "Computer" and their iPhones as "Cell Phone for Radiotelephone". Some are as simple as "Product with Lithium-Ion battery".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom