New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Bairstow

Terminator 2: 3D is being replaced by a Jason Bourne stunt show. Permits and work have also started for the new Jurassic Park coaster.
I didn't know this one had been confirmed, though I've heard lots of rumors that they might be installing a B&M wingrider.

GLaDOS

Jason Bourne Stunt Show??? Wasn't the demographic of these movies targeted at the 40-60 year old audience? Not to mention this series is at least 10 years past its relevance? Not to mention at best, it showed moderate success? Please put Jason Bourne back in the closet with the dust bunnies! Not exactly theme park relevant. Remember the day when Universal use to actually own their own decent properties?
Waterworld is one of the biggest cinematic flops of all time. It's also one of the best theme park shows of all time.

sonoma15

I didn't know this one had been confirmed, though I've heard lots of rumors that they might be installing a B&M wingrider.
Yeah, probably not. If they were going with a large B&M I think it would be a flyer. Also they have a pretty good relationship with intamin going on right now.

Bairstow

Yeah, probably not. If they were going with a large B&M I think it would be a flyer. Also they have a pretty good relationship with intamin going on right now.

Assuming they build the dino coaster at all, I think the wingrider theory is perfectly plausible. This would be the first wingrider in Florida, as Sea World has a perfectly good B&M flyer down the road. Parks are buying a lot of wingriders these days because they deliver much of the same riding experience as a flyer without the attendant comfort and loading time drawbacks the hardware brings.

They also have a slightly lower minimum height restriction compared to B&M flyers.

GLaDOS

Waterworld is a perfect theme for a theme park. Jason Bourne not so much IMO. Like I said look who that movie was marketed too. Not exactly theme park material.

It's an action movie. Not sure how that makes it incompatible with a stunt show.
////Permits and work have also started for the new Jurassic Park coaster. ////

What? I didn't hear anything about that.

I know Terminator is supposed to be getting a new show and the Potter coaster but not a third attraction?

Permits for a JP attraction were posted. They started clearing out the old Triceratops Encounter area. The talk is it's been delayed since then.

GLaDOS

Ok. I remember talk about the Triceratops Encounter area then that talk just went dead. I guess it's still in the works and will happen?

I hope it still happens. Allegedly they're still doing work on clearing the site, so I'm hopeful.

Supposedly, just pushed back not canceled. Possibly effected by Orlando's tight labor market is the rumor I'm hearing.

I sure hope Universal has all their contractors lined up for Park 3. Don't want that to be pushed back because of lack of workforce,

GLaDOS

So, the statement of at least 3 new attractions between 2019 & 2020 is most likely fiction?

I mean there are definitely 2 in the Potter coaster and the Bourne Stunt Show. I still think the JP coaster can open in 2020. It's just a barebones coaster, not something like the Potter.

JoeCamel

I mean there are definitely 2 in the Potter coaster and the Bourne Stunt Show. I still think the JP coaster can open in 2020. It's just a barebones coaster, not something like the Potter.
Even if it were like the potter coaster that is only a 18 month or so build correct?

Skibum1970

6-12 months.

Rumor is it's another launched Intamin...with loops. Maybe Universal got a BOGO.

Maybe Intamin wants to put some shine back on its reputation. Poor reliability and missed deadlines aren't good ways to make good impressions. Of course, I have also heard people back an RMC coaster and they suffer from some of the same issues. Maybe Gerstlauer, Mack, or a B&M junior hypercoaster should be given some consideration. Some have also reported that they are looking at a height of around 100', though, and that narrows the field a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom